Author Topic: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.  (Read 120820 times)

Ron Harrigan

Re: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.
« Reply #400 on: November 28, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »
Where is your proof that it doesn`t exist?

Irrelevant. Truly irrelevant. You are grasping at straws. Talk about missing the point entirely.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2014, 04:55:18 AM »
That doesn't even make any sense. You seem determined to demonstrate that you are a nutcase. How is it possible for someone to be quite so ignorant and out of touch with reality? Winter?

Using creation.com as a source for your whacky argument is no different than using a MuscleTech ad in a magazine for proof that muscleTech supplements are the best at growing muscle compared to all other supps. Of course its going to be pro-muscletech.
Its cute how you dont understand this. Homeschool does not do favors kids, remember that.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2014, 07:20:16 AM »
Using creation.com as a source for your whacky argument is no different than using a MuscleTech ad in a magazine for proof that muscleTech supplements are the best at growing muscle compared to all other supps. Of course its going to be pro-muscletech.
Its cute how you dont understand this. Homeschool does not do favors kids, remember that.

False analogy. Not to mention an argument from incredulity fallacy. What is an evolutionist to do when facts get in the way? Moreover, there are countless sources (apart from the website I recommended) that back me. Then again, you aren't interested in answers, are you?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2014, 07:30:04 AM »
False analogy. Not to mention an argument from incredulity fallacy. What is an evolutionist to do when facts get in the way? Moreover, there are countless sources that back me. Then again, you aren't interested in answers, are you?

Facts? lol! Stop trolling bro. My analogy is spot on. Evolution debunking from creation.com.

Hahahha doesnt get much better than that dude

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »
Facts? lol! Stop trolling bro. My analogy is spot on. Evolution debunking from creation.com.

Hahahha doesnt get much better than that dude

Again, you miss the point. A person who is unable to review representative evidence/arguments for the historical fact of creation, and understand why that is the best established ideas in all of science, has no capacity for thinking scientifically. The latter is a VERY serious shortcoming for any person who expects to function in today's world. You seem incapable of rational thought. A conclusion, not an assumption.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #405 on: November 29, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »
Again, you miss the point. A person who is unable to review representative evidence/arguments for the historical fact of creation, and understand why that is the best established ideas in all of science, has no capacity for thinking scientifically. The latter is a VERY serious shortcoming for any person who expects to function in today's world. You seem incapable of rational thought. A conclusion, not an assumption.
Your right bro, i lack critical thinking. My life science degree was bullshit. Your right, God did it. Cant believe I wasted my parents money. Next time Ill just read creation.com and go to church and i will know everything about biology like you.

Would be so funny if it was "proven" that aliens seeded the planet or some other alternate theory. You would still have this fringe group of jesus trolls like you saying that god was some how still involved. Mega lol. Super easy explanation "god works in mysterious ways" lol

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #406 on: November 29, 2014, 08:02:51 AM »
Your right bro, i lack critical thinking. My life science degree was bullshit. Your right, God did it. Cant believe I wasted my parents money. Next time Ill just read creation.com and go to church and i will know everything about biology like you.

Would be so funny if it was "proven" that aliens seeded the planet or some other alternate theory. You would still have this fringe group of jesus trolls like you saying that god was some how still involved. Mega lol. Super easy explanation "god works in mysterious ways" lol
The Vatican has had contact with ETs.. or so is rumoured. No Disrespect to the Catholics on here. There are films i posted on the UFO thread which have very believable evidence that the Vatican takes this very seriously.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #407 on: November 29, 2014, 08:15:14 AM »
Just an opinion and not attacking anyone.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #408 on: November 29, 2014, 08:21:56 AM »

Your comments through several rounds are almost scripted, so closely do evolutionists hold to the party line. It would be amusing if it weren't quite so sad. You picked up evolution nonsense in college, and assume on that basis that you know everything there is to know about biology. The possibility that an expert might know a thing or two about science never crosses your mind. Who would use biased websites as a reference point? You're kidding, right? How about armies of atheists like yourself fed nonsense by slick websites and charlatan 'preachers' like Mr. Dawkins? It is rather clear just where the bias lies.

"We take the side of science in spite of the
patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite
of its failure to fulfil many of its extravagant promises
of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of
the scientific community for unsubstantiated justso
stories, because we have a prior commitment,
a commitment to materialism. It is not that the
methods and institutions of science somehow compel us
to accept a material explanation of the
phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we
are forced by our a priori adherence to material
causes to create an apparatus of investigation and
a set of concepts that produce material explanations,
no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter
how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover,
that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow
a Divine Foot in the door."
Richard Lewontin, Evolutionist

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: November 29, 2014, 08:31:23 AM »

the fact that we can determine that some things are created and others not for example a painting on a beach or even a watch indicates that somethings are not created, otherwise what criteria are you using? said another way, if you find a watch on a beach you can conclude it was created, and by logical extension the beach was not.

Every creation argument is weak, never evolving only getting in the way of reality, it dismisses progress, it purports to have the conclusion before the facts are even in, a intellectually weak method of thinking.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #410 on: November 29, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »
the fact that we can determine that some things are created and others not for example a painting on a beach or even a watch indicates that somethings are not created, otherwise what criteria are you using? said another way, if you find a watch on a beach you can conclude it was created, and by logical extension the beach was not.

Every creation argument is weak, never evolving only getting in the way of reality, it dismisses progress, it purports to have the conclusion before the facts are even in, a intellectually weak method of thinking.

Once again, Necrosis, you are wrong. A creationist isn't weighing evidence and reaching a different conclusion. A creationist follows the evidence to its logical conclusion. To be an evolutionist, on the other hand, is to systematically ignore, deny, misrepresent and lie about evidence. In short it is to be the antithesis of everything that is needed to be effective as a scientist or engineer. Evolution has nothing whatever to do with skepticism. You haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about. Sorry. Please pick up a book, and become acquainted with the facts. You’re thrashing around in a vacuum.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #411 on: November 29, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »
Your comments through several rounds are almost scripted, so closely do evolutionists hold to the party line. It would be amusing if it weren't quite so sad. You picked up evolution nonsense in college, and assume on that basis that you know everything there is to know about biology. The possibility that an expert might know a thing or two about science never crosses your mind. Who would use biased websites as a reference point? You're kidding, right? How about armies of atheists like yourself fed nonsense by slick websites and charlatan 'preachers' like Mr. Dawkins? It is rather clear just where the bias lies.

"We take the side of science in spite of the
patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite
of its failure to fulfil many of its extravagant promises
of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of
the scientific community for unsubstantiated justso
stories, because we have a prior commitment,
a commitment to materialism. It is not that the
methods and institutions of science somehow compel us
to accept a material explanation of the
phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we
are forced by our a priori adherence to material
causes to create an apparatus of investigation and
a set of concepts that produce material explanations,
no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter
how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover,
that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow
a Divine Foot in the door."
Richard Lewontin, Evolutionist

Find the post where i said im far from an expert on evolution. Shows how much you read and comprehend...
more trolling from a delusional neo-con. You have all the answers. "God did it"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #412 on: November 29, 2014, 08:52:18 AM »
I suspect Ron Harrigan's mother participated in the center of "The Big Bang".

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #413 on: November 29, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »
Yawn, more trolling from a delusional neo-con.

Why is it that so many atheist zealots turn out to be irrational nutjobs? You are the latest. Your core claim involves 'trolling' and other such bunkum. I had the temerity to suggest that you might benefit from discovering what science was -and recommended a couple of authoritative sources for that purpose. There is nothing that upsets an evolutionist more than facts.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #414 on: November 29, 2014, 08:55:47 AM »
Why is it that so many atheist zealots turn out to be irrational nutjobs? You are the latest. Your core claim involves 'trolling' and other such bunkum. I had the temerity to suggest that you might benefit from discovering what science was -and recommended a couple of authoritative sources for that purpose. There is nothing that upsets an evolutionist more than facts.

Nothing funnier than a churchy neo-con using the term "facts" in argument and recommending creation.com as a source

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2014, 09:00:35 AM »
Nothing funnier than a churchy neo-con using the term "facts" in argument.

Argument from incredulity fallacy. A clear Fail. Please read Sarfati (or any comparable source). I cannot open the mind of someone who refuses to take responsibility for his own education.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #416 on: November 29, 2014, 09:20:02 AM »
Argument from incredulity fallacy. A clear Fail. Please read Sarfati (or any comparable source). I cannot open the mind of someone who refuses to take responsibility for his own education.

"I cannot open the mind of someone who refuses to take responsibility for his own education"

Totally agree, back at you. We done here yet troll?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: November 29, 2014, 09:31:08 AM »
Once again, Necrosis, you are wrong. A creationist isn't weighing evidence and reaching a different conclusion. A creationist follows the evidence to its logical conclusion. To be an evolutionist, on the other hand, is to systematically ignore, deny, misrepresent and lie about evidence. In short it is to be the antithesis of everything that is needed to be effective as a scientist or engineer. Evolution has nothing whatever to do with skepticism. You haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about. Sorry. Please pick up a book, and become acquainted with the facts. You’re thrashing around in a vacuum.

ok the modern backbone of biology isn't science got it, genetics is not science, got it. you are a brutal troll due to the fact that you are too hardcore with the creationist thing. which books would you recommend? "why are there still monkeys?" or "If unsure, god did it", which would you recommend for those unable to see this self evident truth.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: November 29, 2014, 09:33:11 AM »

ahahahahah authoritative sources lololo. Fuckers are selling shit on their website, real professional and scientific. I wonder why they are doing that? probably because no one with a brain believes in their fantasy and they couldn't pass peer review if their life depended on it.

you and kent hovind would be good friends.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: November 29, 2014, 09:34:17 AM »

you cannot debunk science using feelings, you seem to be lost on this. Thought is not a good way to determine truth, experiment is, unfortunately you can;t test your god hypothesis, hence it's failure.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #420 on: November 29, 2014, 09:36:20 AM »
"I cannot open the mind of someone who refuses to take responsibility for his own education"

Totally agree, back at you. We done here yet troll?

Yes. And you will continue to 'stick to it' until you take the trouble to discover for yourself what you are missing.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #421 on: November 29, 2014, 09:38:13 AM »
you cannot debunk science using feelings, you seem to be lost on this. Thought is not a good way to determine truth, experiment is, unfortunately you can;t test your god hypothesis, hence it's failure.

Can't I? As if reality were invalidated by your personal ignorance.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #422 on: November 29, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
ahahahahah authoritative sources lololo. Fuckers are selling shit on their website, real professional and scientific. I wonder why they are doing that? probably because no one with a brain believes in their fantasy and they couldn't pass peer review if their life depended on it.

you and kent hovind would be good friends.

Any and all hypotheses of evolution are incompatible with everything we have learned through science about the natural world and how that world functions. The only way to preserve an atheistic mindset is to deny, ignore, misrepresent or lie about what is known. Your response will inevitably fit within that spectrum.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #423 on: November 29, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »
Creationism starts with the assertion that god is real and he did create the universe.  From that initial assertion they search only for evidence that supports that assertion. No effort is made to disprove their assertion.

Science will may well begin with a hypothesis but the merit of the hypothesis is dependent on corroborating evidence and contrary evidence. A hypothesis is always are or should be tentative and are assertions.   Science actively tries to disprove an assertion.

I would argue that the social sciences don't employ as rigid methodologies as the hard sciences.   Take what is produced by the social sciences with a grain of salt.

A

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #424 on: November 29, 2014, 09:53:16 AM »
ok the modern backbone of biology isn't science got it, genetics is not science, got it. you are a brutal troll due to the fact that you are too hardcore with the creationist thing. which books would you recommend? "why are there still monkeys?" or "If unsure, god did it", which would you recommend for those unable to see this self evident truth.

The 'modern backbone of biology'? Genetics? It is truly hard to fathom that someone could be quite so dense and out of touch with reality. The theory of evolution is naturalist mythology, long since eclipsed by scientific discovery. There is no need, nor any point, trying to merge that story with science. You don't need answers to random questions. You need an education. Were you interested in becoming informed rather than merely scoring points, you would take the trouble to pick up a book. But you don't have the guts to discover that you are wrong, do you?