Author Topic: Paul De Mayo.... pretty sure he was highly underrated...  (Read 19072 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Paul De Mayo.... pretty sure he was highly underrated...
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »
Paul Demayo had some good bodyparts---triceps, quads, but he was put together kinda "oddly".
And I think his conditioning kinda suffered. He didn't come out with a "bang" like other bbers of that era, and he didn't do too well in contests.
he was built like a 'white 'phil hill..narrowish,huge arms/legs/pecs huge but bunched looking not wide ..still crazy build for a tough period.94 metrx deal and best stage condition turned pro..he won jr nationals /placed usa/nationals numerous times,,he sometimes over dieted like 93 usa was totally flat/ripped but for him smallish,had bad caesar haircut too everything was off that yr,,94 was totally improved and won it all...

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »
Remember just before he died, Demayo was working with Trevor Smith trying to get back into shape and compete again. Sad story, Paul seemed like a nice guy.

eh, no he wasn't.

I was semi-friends with trevor, if he were alive at the time Paul died, I'd probably have known about it. trevor'd been dead for a couple years at the time of pauls death.

and when I saw paul, he was still large and training on his own was going fine the only problem was money. paul was far from 'washed up'. he was just addicted... and had been addicted to opiates since long before he went to prison.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
Thing I don't get is why make the move from oxy's or nubain to heroin? Synthetic versions of heroin just not powerful enough?

Getting high with needles in the bodybuilding world shouldn't come as a surprise though I suppose...

because with the 'synthetic' stuff.. such as dilaudid or Demerol, are hard to get sometimes. oxys, vic's, norc's, kaiden, perc's, ms contin, etc etc etc... are a lil easier (well, except kaiden and ms contin, I suppose), but you still need to find somebody who has a constant supply, because if their doctor refuses a script or something, you're shit outta luck and gonna be scrambling to find somebody else with some kind of opiate so you're not dope-sick.... heroin is easier to find a steady supply of.. just like weed or coke. you're not at the mercy of a doctor (either yours, or a friends/suppliers, or a wherever you get it)... plus, initially, heroin is cheaper, because you don't need much. but eventually you'll be running over a gram a day, and when you go back to vicodin to curb withdrawal's or something, 100mg of hydrocodone will do absolutely nothing for you (besides cause liver damage, unless you do a 'cold water extraction' and remove the hydrocodone from the APAP)...

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2014, 08:27:19 PM »
Hydrocodone is just vicoden,nothing too strong but still a opiate based pill nothing cpompared to oxycodone or oxycontin but addictive. DAMN drank a bottle of isopropyl! I use Isopropyl rubbing alcohol after i do my shots on the injection site that stuff smells so strong. I'm surprised he didn't throw it all up. My best friend and step brother both died a little over a year ago from a heroin overdose he was a addict for 6 years it was like watching someone with cancer but worse he went to jail for 45 days came out clean and he found out he had to do some more jail time so before he turned himself in he bought some heroin and he overdosed off it because his tolerance had dropped because he had been totally clean for the 45 days in jail and the 18 days out of jail just that one shot killed him and he used hefty amounts for years.

it usually takes a lot more than 45 days for your opiate tolerance to drop.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2014, 08:38:11 PM »
because with the 'synthetic' stuff.. such as dilaudid or Demerol, are hard to get sometimes. oxys, vic's, norc's, kaiden, perc's, ms contin, etc etc etc... are a lil easier (well, except kaiden and ms contin, I suppose), but you still need to find somebody who has a constant supply, because if their doctor refuses a script or something, you're shit outta luck and gonna be scrambling to find somebody else with some kind of opiate so you're not dope-sick.... heroin is easier to find a steady supply of.. just like weed or coke. you're not at the mercy of a doctor (either yours, or a friends/suppliers, or a wherever you get it)... plus, initially, heroin is cheaper, because you don't need much. but eventually you'll be running over a gram a day, and when you go back to vicodin to curb withdrawal's or something, 100mg of hydrocodone will do absolutely nothing for you (besides cause liver damage, unless you do a 'cold water extraction' and remove the hydrocodone from the APAP)...

This makes more sense thank you. Rather than risk withdraw from shaky doctor supply just hunt down the more reliable heroin connection and never have to worry about going dry. Getting weed or coke is comparable in terms of accessibility , easier to get than any pharma drug. 

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »
I miss Paul and the whole era.  As a kid, I remember looking forward to reading about these guys and their competitions in FLEX.  Boy, have things changed for the worse!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »
gym we all trained at...

haha..

speaking of heroin addiction... there's Franco Santorellio at the start of the video. lol

(although last I heard he'd moved from heroin to coke... 'last I'd heard' meaning at the MrO in '01 or something, where he was asking everybody he saw if they knew where to get coke. lol)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2014, 10:32:39 PM »
Alot of those bodybuilders from what I heard got hooked on opiates of some kind wether it was oxycontin,percocet or vicoden because they all started using nubain and then the nubain source dissapeared or got real hard to find so guys were all strung out and started messing with opiate based pills wich gets really expensive if you don;t have a prescription then comes the heroin because it's cheap and these guys are not some suburban kids scared of needles. lots of them got fucked but paul was just unlucky and died from it. didn;t get help when he needed it.

paul'd been using 'regular' opiates for a long time.. before nubain was popular. if you did a shot of nubain with 'regular' opiates in your system (oxycodone/Percocet, in paul's case) it'd put you right into withdrawal.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »
he was built like a 'white 'phil hill..narrowish,huge arms/legs/pecs huge but bunched looking not wide

I think that his width issues were less of an problem by 94/95

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2014, 03:21:49 AM »
Who wouldn't want to look like this ??

Simple Simon

« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2014, 03:26:26 AM »
Who wouldn't want to look like this ??
Me for one.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2014, 03:52:56 AM »
saw him in person,he was off season though guest posing at jersey state.looked huge and i remember his quads looking like giant oak trees :o.pretty cool guy and got along with the fans pretty good
R

whitewidow

« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2014, 04:30:52 AM »
You've never tried good molly have you?  ;D

Alot of us have tried very potent Molly back even before it was as popular as it is now. say 1999 circa there was 90% plus Molly around and it was super potent even the X press tabs like the original Mitsubishis or ferraris at least had 200mg of MDMA in them. Molly is great shit and I have never seen anybody get seruously addicted because it's a party drug, nobody really likes to roll on X alone I have seen a few dealers who would buy boats go on 3 week binges wich was crazy.

As fasr as why people switch from oxycontin,oxycodone  or percocet it's because of the price! Oxycodone is 1$ a milligram most everywhere maybe back then it was 50 cents a milligram but that's still very expensive if your using 80mg oxycontin tabs that's 40$ a fix and most guys need at least 3 tabs once they get a tolerance so that's at least 1004 a day might as well buy heroin and get way more for your money. That's why today all these suburban kids are fucked up on heroin because they can't afford the oxys

whitewidow

« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2014, 04:32:35 AM »
it usually takes a lot more than 45 days for your opiate tolerance to drop.

45 days and the 18 days he was out that's over 2 months clean that will def lower your tolerance you might not get like a first timers but whatever the stuff was strong enough to kill him.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2014, 04:38:37 AM »
45 days and the 18 days he was out that's over 2 months clean that will def lower your tolerance you might not get like a first timers but whatever the stuff was strong enough to kill him.

im guessing paul snorted some stuff that was pure cause he was a big guy and he had a opiate tolerance,usually a person with a strong opiate tolerance can handle just about anything.thats the thing with heroin,u just never know what the fuck these dudes r cutting it with,ive heard horror stories about cutting agents that them guys use
R

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2014, 04:49:14 AM »
On another note, can you imagine walking into a modern gym these days wearing short cut-off jean shorts, a purple tank top, and high-top work boots ? :D

whitewidow

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2014, 04:58:59 AM »
On another note, can you imagine walking into a modern gym these days wearing short cut-off jean shorts, a purple tank top, and high-top work boots ? :D

Fuck you would either be told about a dress code or people would just assume you were gay.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2014, 05:01:32 AM »
eh, no he wasn't.

I was semi-friends with trevor, if he were alive at the time Paul died, I'd probably have known about it. trevor'd been dead for a couple years at the time of pauls death.

and when I saw paul, he was still large and training on his own was going fine the only problem was money. paul was far from 'washed up'. he was just addicted... and had been addicted to opiates since long before he went to prison.
He was alive, he posted a pic on Nuclear Nutrition and wrote an article on there. Think it was even his mag Gear UZR.

whitewidow

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2014, 05:04:36 AM »
im guessing paul snorted some stuff that was pure cause he was a big guy and he had a opiate tolerance,usually a person with a strong opiate tolerance can handle just about anything.thats the thing with heroin,u just never know what the fuck these dudes r cutting it with,ive heard horror stories about cutting agents that them guys use

I don;t know about that maybe at first but paul wasn't scared of needles . Nowadays the dealers lace it with fentnyl powder to get people hooked and that cutts your respitory system to shit and you just stop breathing. Alot of peole actually go looking for the heroin cutt with fentnyl usually heroin is branded and they look for that barnd because they know it's fentnyl cutt.

Phillip seymour hoffman snorted alot of the shit! he started shooting it and went to a detox right away for 10 days got out with a script of subutex went home were he had multiple bags of fentnyl cutt dope started shooting it again instead of snorting and i think he did maybe 4 or 5 shots not sure the tiime frame but it killed him fast.

usually junkies have paraphenelia all over the place bu they didn't find that kind of typical dope scene it looked to the police like he was very new to injecting it.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:42 AM »

I thought the sleeveless plaid button up shirt would have been a better fit.   ;D

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2014, 05:14:18 AM »
Alot of us have tried very potent Molly back even before it was as popular as it is now. say 1999 circa there was 90% plus Molly around and it was super potent even the X press tabs like the original Mitsubishis or ferraris at least had 200mg of MDMA in them. Molly is great shit and I have never seen anybody get seruously addicted because it's a party drug, nobody really likes to roll on X alone I have seen a few dealers who would buy boats go on 3 week binges wich was crazy.

As fasr as why people switch from oxycontin,oxycodone  or percocet it's because of the price! Oxycodone is 1$ a milligram most everywhere maybe back then it was 50 cents a milligram but that's still very expensive if your using 80mg oxycontin tabs that's 40$ a fix and most guys need at least 3 tabs once they get a tolerance so that's at least 1004 a day might as well buy heroin and get way more for your money. That's why today all these suburban kids are fucked up on heroin because they can't afford the oxys
Mitsubishis were the real deal, but i started when they were rare and disappearing here... To Thebrink, i would put MDMA/Ecstasy in second place behind heroin, with acids also... Never tried Molly...

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2014, 05:15:40 AM »

I thought the sleeveless plaid button up shirt would have been a better fit.   ;D

Sad thing is, is that I would still wear that in the gym. Wore one a few years back. Lol.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2014, 05:31:23 AM »
Sad thing is, is that I would still wear that in the gym. Wore one a few years back. Lol.

Haha! Nice!

I can't talk. I normally wear jeans and a T-shirt. Maybe even a long sleeve over that during winter. And no fear of rocking the short shorts on a summer time leg day.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2014, 05:48:42 AM »
I used to lift a World's Gym Sommerville.  He was there a few times.

Saw him get under the incline of 315 and rep out 10 no warmup or anything.
Y

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2014, 06:16:06 AM »
I think that his width issues were less of an problem by 94/95

Wider than Heath.