Author Topic: New Study Finds Health Insurance Premiums Skyrocket After Obamacare Passes  (Read 2092 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: New Study Finds Health Insurance Premiums Skyrocket After Obamacare Passes
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 07:39:20 PM »

Forcing middle class people to pay more is not it

Perhaps not. My wife and I are "middle class" technically. We are paying less this year than last for medical insurance. Whether this is due to changes brought by Obamacare or something different, I am happy to pay 1/3 less in premiums.

You seem to have a pretty good idea of what you believe is not the solution to this problem. What do you think is?

Do you have any ideas as to why the same drugs available in most of the rest of the world are as much as 100 times more expensive in the U.S.? Prescription drug coverage is one of the main causes for high medical insurance premiums. U.S. Can you think of some other medical costs that are higher in the U.S. then in other developed countries? If so, why is it so?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 07:47:06 PM »
again im not sayin that is the answer but it is just as credible/assinine to think that paying for everyones is....

the premiums arent skyrocketing from 0 boss, they are skyrocketing from last years premiums!!!!

Well if one had no medical insurance coverage last year but were forced to buy it this year because of Obamacare, their costs went from $0 to whatever their current premiums are now.

There is also a whole lot of folks who were under-insured. A plan that pays nothing except in extraordinary circumstances which the carrier determines is unlikely to happen, may have had low premiums. Additionally, people with preexisting conditions were either completely denied insurance or their preexisting condition was not covered. Obamacare requires insurance companies cover them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
Well if one had no medical insurance coverage last year but were forced to buy it this year because of Obamacare, their costs went from $0 to whatever their current premiums are now.

There is also a whole lot of folks who were under-insured. A plan that pays nothing except in extraordinary circumstances which the carrier determines is unlikely to happen, may have had low premiums. Additionally, people with preexisting conditions were either completely denied insurance or their preexisting condition was not covered. Obamacare requires insurance companies cover them.
again prime, the study was based off the premiums from last year for different groups of people.

what part of that dont you understand?

this wasnt based on individuals who went from not having insurance to having insurance....again what part of that do you not understand?

I completely understand why premiums are skyrocketing, why did the liberals who wanted this bill not before they voted on it?

why did obama who said this bill would reduce premiums lie if it is so obvious?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
again prime, the study was based off the premiums from last year for different groups of people.

what part of that dont you understand?

this wasnt based on individuals who went from not having insurance to having insurance....again what part of that do you not understand?

I completely understand why premiums are skyrocketing, why did the liberals who wanted this bill not before they voted on it?

why did obama who said this bill would reduce premiums lie if it is so obvious?

This study to which you refer, is it the article you linked earlier in this thread. I read it. I was not as impressed as you seem to be that it is accurate. I am not saying premiums definitely have not risen for some people. What I am saying is that there are many factors that affect premium costs.

You ignored my comment about healthcare costs consistently increasing for many decades....long before Obamacare was even an idea.

Anyone can pick and choose their arguments and even find examples to support their views. This doesn't make them right.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
This study to which you refer, is it the article you linked earlier in this thread. I read it. I was not as impressed as you seem to be that it is accurate. I am not saying premiums definitely have not risen for some people. What I am saying is that there are many factors that affect premium costs.

You ignored my comment about healthcare costs consistently increasing for many decades....long before Obamacare was even an idea.

Anyone can pick and choose their arguments and even find examples to support their views. This doesn't make them right.
if you dont agree with it, tell us why?

I agree that there are numerous things that go into the price of a premium but that doesnt mean that obamacare caused them to rise and that it was fucking obvious that it would happen.

I didnt ignore your comment, of course healthcare costs have been rising long before obamacare. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH OBAMACARE?

Obamacare has caused the price of healthcare to rise as well, it was supposed to not only keep things from rising but reduce the cost...REMEMBER???

Please show me where in this study they "Pick and choose" their examples...LMFAO