Author Topic: Dad Banned From School After Complaints About Daughter’s Islam Homework  (Read 12004 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
What is it with this anti-Christian, pro-Islam sentiment by so many people?  Very illogical.

Dad Banned From School After Complaints About Daughter’s Islam Homework
The Wood family will be taking their complaints to state legislators and the Maryland Department of Education.
F. PETER BROWN — OCTOBER 29, 2014

A Maryland father and former Marine finds himself under a no-trespass order for asking that his daughter be excused from Islam homework in her world history class.

Kevin Wood, the eight year Marine veteran, was upset because he did not want his high-school junior daughter to participate in instruction on Islam.

He called La Plata High School in Maryland, hoping to get his daughter excused.

Wood spoke first to an administrative assistant and then to Vice Principal Shannon Morris.

A school-district spokeswoman, Katie O’Malley Simpson, claimed that Wood threatened to cause problems at the school in his conversation with Morris.

She said: “Safety comes first. We don’t allow disruptions at the schools, especially if we’re forewarned of them.”

However, Wood denies making any threats and simply wanted his daughter to be removed from instruction about Islam because he does “not believe in” the religion.

He shared one comment he had to the local newspaper:

“I told her straight up ‘you could take that Muslim-loving piece of paper and shove it up your white a–.”
Wood’s wife backs up his story and says that “nowhere he did he ever threaten (anyone).”

Wood also is frustrated over his belief that the class would give attention to Islam while giving little or no attention to Christianity.

O’Malley-Simpson says that students must learn about the “Middle East” as part of the world history curriculum set by the Maryland State Board of Education.

The Wood family will be taking their complaints to state legislators and the Maryland Department of Education.

This past Monday, Wood’s daughter did not attend world history class and won’t be completing any future assignments on Islam. According to the parents, she will be receiving zero credit for each of the assignments.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/dad-banned-from-school-after-complaints-about-daughters-islam-homework/#tTEUAjw1EYBkpy5r.99

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Just read this. Time for home schooling.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Are you saying that there's something anti-Christian or pro-Islam about this story, BB?  

Per the article, the dad just sounds like he doesn't want his daughter to learn about a major religion of the world.

Is he worried that his daughter could think, "Hey, that sounds like a great religion for women."  

I just don't get it at all.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Just read this. Time for home schooling.

Why Coach? 

Don't you think education about what Islam is would help folks to understand that it's more extreme than most religions?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Are you saying that there's something anti-Christian or pro-Islam about this story, BB?  

Per the article, the dad just sounds like he doesn't want his daughter to learn about a major religion of the world.

Is he worried that his daughter could think, "Hey, that sounds like a great religion for women."  

I just don't get it at all.

If you follow what goes on in public schools, there is a concerted effort to censor Christian subjects.  Numerous articles have been posted on the board about it.  And like the father said, they would not give her a similar assignment about Christianity. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
The dad did swore at the woman and said some things that could be interpreted as threats:

Wood told Superintendent Morris that the school is violating his daughter’s “constitutional rights” and threatened to “bring down a shit-storm on them like they’ve never seen.”

Melissa Wood, however, assured reporters that her husband wasn’t really threatening the school and that officials are twisting his words and overreacting.

“Nowhere did he ever threaten,” she insisted. “And this is where it’s gotten totally blown out of proportion.”

That sounds like a threat.

As for anti-Christian, pro-Islam?  ::)

Students learn aspects of other religions as well, O’Malley-Simpson said. When studying the Renaissance era, they are taught aspects of Christianity and the role it played in the reformation. When students learn about China and India, Hinduism and Buddhism are both discussed, she said.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
If you follow what goes on in public schools, there is a concerted effort to censor Christian subjects.  Numerous articles have been posted on the board about it.  And like the father said, they would not give her a similar assignment about Christianity. 

Very dramatic but are you sure you know what "concerted" means?  LOL. 

I feel like the Anton Chiguhr character from NCOM saying to the store clerk, "You don't know what you're talking about, do you?"

When you were in Junior High, did they let you pick and choose what you'd be studying in your world history class?

Please tell me you're just playing dumb here.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Why Coach? 

Don't you think education about what Islam is would help folks to understand that it's more extreme than most religions?

Not if they don't bother to teach about the 10 commandments. See how that works?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Not if they don't bother to teach about the 10 commandments. See how that works?

It's not a religion class or Sunday School, though, Coach.  It's a world history class. 

And I have a hard time believing that they don't teach anything about Christianity which is the world's most popular religion.  (Islam is #2, I'm pretty sure.)

And, actually, I don't really understand the dad's concern.  Is he worried that if his daughter learns about how different religions are popular in different parts of the world she'll quickly realize that one's religion usually has very little to do with what's right or wrong and more to do with where and when one is brought up?  In other words, is he worried that she'll just consider Christianity a milder form of insanity compared to, say, Islam?

What do you think? 

(And why doesn't this guy have his daughter in a Christian school?)

T-REX007

• Getbig III
Christianity does have a big target across it's chest in " public" America - anywhere really

Just look at students who practice Buddhism, Hindus, Muslims, Wicca... ANY religion except Christianity is ok, it's acceptable, it's ' diversity" etc..

The way Hollywood, comedians,politicians, the military, civil service anything in American caters to everyone except Christianity is so blatant

If students or anybody wanted to do a "unit" on parts of the Koran, the Vedas, Upanishads, the Tora, I-ching.... whatever you name it , it would be applauded as wonderful, diversity .... but teach a "unit" on the Ten Commandments or Jesus and you have a sh - - storm of big proportions - FACT

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Dad Banned From School After Complaints About Daughter’s Islam Homework
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 05:46:37 AM »
why the Hell do we need to learn about Islam? Why do our children need to learn this shite? Why was this Vet treated like he is a Racist? It has no place in our schools or education. I applaud this ex Marine for standing up for our Moral values.

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 06:04:40 AM »
It's called "diversity"  ::)

Another attempt to destroy the Western world and all it's accomplishments, try to put that "guilt complex" on everybody
The sad thing is that most of these libs and do gooders don't realize that if the West ever fell, the FIRST ones to be killed would be the do gooders and libs because even their enemies KNOW THEY ARE WEAK, they are not respected..... Bush, Reagen and the like were HATED for sure, but also RESPECTED deep down for at least being a fighter and standing up for their beliefs

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 06:22:02 AM »
It's called "diversity"  ::)

Another attempt to destroy the Western world and all it's accomplishments, try to put that "guilt complex" on everybody
The sad thing is that most of these libs and do gooders don't realize that if the West ever fell, the FIRST ones to be killed would be the do gooders and libs because even their enemies KNOW THEY ARE WEAK, they are not respected..... Bush, Reagen and the like were HATED for sure, but also RESPECTED deep down for at least being a fighter and standing up for their beliefs
yes i agree.. genrally speaking i am not a Conservative but strength has to be shown.

alpha infidel

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:05 AM »
cause Obama is a muslim, the rest of america is supposed to become muslims, whens the next elections?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 07:23:31 AM »
why the Hell do we need to learn about Islam? Why do our children need to learn this shite? Why was this Vet treated like he is a Racist? It has no place in our schools or education. I applaud this ex Marine for standing up for our Moral values.

All kids don't need to learn anything about it but what about students taking subjects like World History? 

Surely you're not suggesting that including material about Islam in a World History course that's accurately teaching about how different religions have been a major force shaping in shaping world history is wrong, are you? 

I mean, c'mon, Islam is currently the 2nd most popular religion in the world. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 07:27:41 AM »
All kids don't need to learn anything about it but what about students taking subjects like World History? 

Surely you're not suggesting that including material about Islam in a World History course that's accurately teaching about how different religions have been a major force shaping in shaping world history is wrong, are you? 

You are talking to morons, beach bum thinks there is an anti-christian sentiment somehow, meanwhile back in the real world......The father sounds like a grade a moron, is teaching her about the nazi's wrong? maybe the dad disagrees with that? is teaching about history in a history class a bad thing?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 07:29:49 AM »
Do they teach kenyan history too?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 07:30:39 AM »

you answered your own question. kids do not need to learn this barbaric middle age BS. you are also trying to bring in another angle here, being a student is not the same as being a young child.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 07:39:24 AM »
Christianity does have a big target across it's chest in " public" America - anywhere really

Just look at students who practice Buddhism, Hindus, Muslims, Wicca... ANY religion except Christianity is ok, it's acceptable, it's ' diversity" etc..

The way Hollywood, comedians,politicians, the military, civil service anything in American caters to everyone except Christianity is so blatant

If students or anybody wanted to do a "unit" on parts of the Koran, the Vedas, Upanishads, the Tora, I-ching.... whatever you name it , it would be applauded as wonderful, diversity .... but teach a "unit" on the Ten Commandments or Jesus and you have a sh - - storm of big proportions - FACT

You seem to be conflating the study of a religion with the practice of a religion and these are 2 completely separate things.  

Also, according to the school officials mentioned in the article, material about Christianity IS taught in the World History class in question.  

I think I disagree with you that Christianity is any more or less favored than other religions in America.  I don't doubt that it it gets attacked more here in the USA but think that it's because it's the most popular religion here.

Personally, I think they're all religions are wack but some, like Islam, seem to condone behavior that is more objectionable than others, for sure.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 07:43:06 AM »
Do they teach kenyan history too?

Not yet but that day is coming...as soon as there's incontrovertible proof that a member of one of their sleeper cells was able to capture the US presidency.  ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
What was this supposed Islam homework?
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 07:44:28 AM »
you answered your own question. kids do not need to learn this barbaric middle age BS. you are also trying to bring in another angle here, being a student is not the same as being a young child.

Young child?  Isn't the girl in Junior High School?  She's probably already been defiled by a getbigger, lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 07:46:22 AM »
Not yet but that day is coming...as soon as there's incontrovertible proof that a member of one of their sleeper cells was able to capture the US presidency.  ;D

I could teach that course now based on what we know

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 07:48:53 AM »
What was this supposed Islam homework?

I think so but not sure.  

I'm getting the idea that it was one of those deals where every kid has to do a mini-paper on a different religion and this guy's daughter got stuck with Islam.  (I'd have tried to get Scientology myself, lol.)

If that's so, I think he's missing his opportunity to have her write an Islam paper that totally criticizes Islam.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 07:50:21 AM »
I think so but not sure.  

I'm getting the idea that it was one of those deals where every kid has to do a mini-paper on a different religion and this guy's daughter got stuck with Islam.  (I'd have tried to get Scientology myself, lol.)

If that's so, I think he's missing his opportunity to have her write an Islam paper that totally criticizes Islam.

I would have tried to get Scientology too.  Talk about crazy. 
A