Author Topic: What is this 1-year "agreement" that repubs might pass during the lame duck sess  (Read 681 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
My local rep Curt Clawson was on my morning FOX radio affiliate just now. 

He was saying he doesn't want to criticize party leadership over something that is just a hypothetical, but that agreeing with obama to go center - and that "accepting this year-long agreement not to go after obama" - is something that would cripple republicans for all of 2015, and only give them a small window of actual effectiveness in spring 2016 before everyone focuses on 2016 race for president and local re-election races.

What is this hypothetical agreement that Repub leadership is mulling over?   Obviously, they don't want to talk about it for another 5 days due to the elections... What exactly is the issue (or issues) that repubs are making off-limits, and what House bill are they talking about?  Isis?  Obamacare?  Something else?  The budget?

Clawson is pro-business, pro-bachmann, pro-base and rated 100% by conservatives. He supports term limits, once beat MJ in the 3 point shootout in NBA, and aside from being "open to a conversation on amnesty for existing illegals", I'm a total fanboy of his.  he's bold to call out repub leadership for whatever this is, before the election.

So does anyone know what bill he was talking about?  What issue they're making "off-limits" for 12 months? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Screw that.  Obama deserves to be mocked ridiculed and impeached

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Screw that.  Obama deserves to be mocked ridiculed and impeached

I don't know what this agreement is.   The FOX host kept alluding to it.  Clawson kept saying he's against it, it will handcuff the repubs for a full year.  I thought it had something to do with a budget agreement - maybe something about "We'll all agree not to do another default showdown for a year??"  But I don't want to assume.

Clawson is about as conservative as they come, and he was against it.  Said if it happens, it is only to swing center to appease moderates to win 2016 election.   So it sounds like something conservatives will dislike.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
There it is...   1.1 TRILLION for 9 months - Repubs have given obama all the $ he wants  :(

Mammoth spending bill poised for passage

The margin could be razor thin, but House Republicans think they will pass their funding bill before the government shuts down Thursday.
Top aides and lawmakers on the GOP whip team privately say they believe between 150 and 175 Republicans will support the $1.1 trillion, nine-month government funding bill. And senior House Democrats predict that some of their members will help make up for the Republican defections to get the bill across the finish line.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/spending-bill-poised-for-passage-113488.html#ixzz3LYcFd1q3

240 is Back

• Getbig V
He was saying he doesn't want to criticize party leadership over something that is just a hypothetical, but that agreeing with obama to go center - and that "accepting this year-long agreement not to go after obama" - is something that would cripple republicans for all of 2015, and only give them a small window of actual effectiveness in spring 2016 before everyone focuses on 2016 race for president and local re-election races.

What is this hypothetical agreement that Repub leadership is mulling over?   Obviously, they don't want to talk about it for another 5 days due to the elections... What exactly is the issue (or issues) that repubs are making off-limits, and what House bill are they talking about?  Isis?  Obamacare?  Something else?  The budget?

Clawson is pro-business, pro-bachmann, pro-base and rated 100% by conservatives. He supports term limits, once beat MJ in the 3 point shootout in NBA, and aside from being "open to a conversation on amnesty for existing illegals", I'm a total fanboy of his.  he's bold to call out repub leadership for whatever this is, before the election.

So does anyone know what bill he was talking about?  What issue they're making "off-limits" for 12 months? 

PROPS to Curt Clawson for talking about this SIX WEEKS ago.  He was 100% right - Repubs ARE getting on board with the shitbag libs in congress and obama and giving obama over a trillion for only 9 months... that debt is staggering.  Repubs are elected to STOP the liberal spending, not write out a 1.1 trillion spending bill.  I mean, without this bill,, guess what happens - AMNESTY DOESNT GET FUNDED.  They have the power to end amnesty before it starts, by defunding it.  But, as we know, this congress has never said no to an obama spending bill.  He's always gotten it. Ugh.  Only a few patriotic voices will stand up to call this 1.1 trillion bill what it is, total crap.  I predict rand paul andTed cruz will come fwd today and actually stand with liz warren that the spending is outrageous.