Author Topic: CRUZ: You run Jeb, and Hilary will win  (Read 973 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
CRUZ: You run Jeb, and Hilary will win
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:14:17 AM »
Sen. Ted Cruz on Thursday took a thinly veiled shot at Jeb Bush, saying that Republicans will ensure a Hillary Clinton presidency if they run a more moderate candidate in 2016.

Appearing on CNBC, the Texas Republican and tea party favorite was asked about Bush and said that presidential candidates from the party’s establishment wing — like Arizona Sen. John McCain in 2008 and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in 2012 — consistently fail to turn out millions of voters.

“If we run another candidate in the mold of a Bob Dole [in 1996] or a John McCain or Mitt Romney, we will end up with the same result, which is millions of people will stay home on Election Day, which is what happened for all three of them,” the senator said. “And if we run another candidate like that, Hillary Clinton will be the next president.” Clinton, the former secretary of state, is widely considered to be the front-runner for the Democratic nomination if she chooses to run.

Cruz, himself a potential 2016 candidate, was initially asked what he thought of a potential Jeb Bush candidacy. Bush, who has staked out some centrist positions on issues like immigration reform, is openly considering a bid and has some support from the more moderate wing of the Republican Party.

“Jeb has not declared his candidacy. I like Jeb. I’m a fan of Jeb Bush’s. I’m going to let him decide if he’s running first and let the primary voters make a decision,” Cruz said. “But I will say this: We need to learn from history, we need to look to history and what works and what doesn’t.” The senator then went on to make his comments about Dole, McCain and Romney.

Cruz clarified that he thought all three former Republican nominees were “good, honorable men” and “patriots.”

The senator has made similar statements in the past, noting in a June profile in the New Yorker that Republicans are clamoring for “another establishment moderate” in 2016 despite the party’s poor track record with those candidates.

A Washington Post/ABC News poll earlier this month showed Bush leading a crowded GOP primary field, with Cruz finishing in ninth.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/ted-cruz-jeb-bush-hillary-clinton-112349.html#ixzz3HdLHRqC2

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: CRUZ: You run Jeb, and Hilary will win
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:26:08 AM »
Jeb can beat Hillary if the Tea Party leaves him alone...which they won't :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:29:58 AM »
Jeb can beat Hillary if the Tea Party leaves him alone...which they won't :(

the tea party DOES NOT SHOW UP TO VOTE for RINOS.

They didn't vote mccain, they didn't vote romney.  It's the reason they lost.  Something like 20% of the base stayed home for Mccain, after voting in 2004 for Bush.  They just won't go punch a lever for romney, after his gun bill.  They don't bother for mccain, after his lifetime liberal and other nonsense. 

Repubs CANNOT play both sides of the fence.  "I like Jeb, I like Cruz".  They gotta choose, and they gotta move their friends to choose too.  There are 2 repub parties.  Doesn't fly in national elections for prez.  :(

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 07:33:03 AM »
the tea party DOES NOT SHOW UP TO VOTE for RINOS.

They didn't vote mccain, they didn't vote romney.  It's the reason they lost.  Something like 20% of the base stayed home for Mccain, after voting in 2004 for Bush.  They just won't go punch a lever for romney, after his gun bill.  They don't bother for mccain, after his lifetime liberal and other nonsense. 

Repubs CANNOT play both sides of the fence.  "I like Jeb, I like Cruz".  They gotta choose, and they gotta move their friends to choose too.  There are 2 repub parties.  Doesn't fly in national elections for prez.  :(

Thats my point....the Tea Party destroys Republican candidates during the primary and then doesn't show up to vote in the election after theyve destroyed his candidacy due to his not being conservative enough.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 07:52:15 AM »
Thats my point....the Tea Party destroys Republican candidates during the primary and then doesn't show up to vote in the election after theyve destroyed his candidacy due to his not being conservative enough.

IMO, it it because they allow RINO elements to run the party and run the convention.

imagine how many tea party/ ron paul voters told the GOP to fck off, after Ron Paul was treated so badly in 2008.  Oh, and the getbiggers (you know who you are) that said "I'm glad they did this to ron paul, it's time to unite the party".

if a republican spends a year working for RPaul, hanging signs, donating, working their tail off - then he gets punked by Romney/Bohnner/GOP/Steele at the convention - maybe that voter doesn't bother waiting 7 hours in a swing state like FL to vote for a RINO they hate. 

We've been saying it since 2008, and proven correct in 08 and 2012.  Will it happen again?  Will repubs "settle" for a Jeb RINO, then lose because the base doens't bother?  history says yes.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 08:23:06 AM »
IMO, it it because they allow RINO elements to run the party and run the convention.

imagine how many tea party/ ron paul voters told the GOP to fck off, after Ron Paul was treated so badly in 2008.  Oh, and the getbiggers (you know who you are) that said "I'm glad they did this to ron paul, it's time to unite the party".

if a republican spends a year working for RPaul, hanging signs, donating, working their tail off - then he gets punked by Romney/Bohnner/GOP/Steele at the convention - maybe that voter doesn't bother waiting 7 hours in a swing state like FL to vote for a RINO they hate. 

We've been saying it since 2008, and proven correct in 08 and 2012.  Will it happen again?  Will repubs "settle" for a Jeb RINO, then lose because the base doens't bother?  history says yes.

I can agree with this

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:25:29 AM »
You run Jeb and Hilary and I stay home. 
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 09:29:57 AM »

I think Jeb and Hillary are very moderate actually....Ron Paul, Ted Cruz, and guys like them will not get my vote...I might even vote of Romney, depending...but so far Hillary has my vote but Jeb is a close second....he's very moderate...but the Tea Party doesn't like moderate

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »

I won't stay home, but I really don't want to see Bush v. Clinton. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »
I think Jeb would be a good leader.  He would just have shitty policy.  Does that make sense?

There are some repubs with great policy (like mitch mcconnell) who are just weak cuckholds, poor leaders, despite their brilliant minds and great political ideologies.

Jeb would be a very very good person in the room if we're facing down Russia.  However, when he's making policy and legalizing any illegal punk who can spell "Act of Love", we'll see what shitty policy is all about. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 03:04:09 PM »
I think Jeb would be a good leader.  He would just have shitty policy.  Does that make sense?

There are some repubs with great policy (like mitch mcconnell) who are just weak cuckholds, poor leaders, despite their brilliant minds and great political ideologies.

Jeb would be a very very good person in the room if we're facing down Russia.  However, when he's making policy and legalizing any illegal punk who can spell "Act of Love", we'll see what shitty policy is all about. 

I actually think Jeb would be a good presient...he's not an idealogue.....He's not going to try and push some radical idea on the nation.....which is why he will get beat up pretty good in the primaries..those with stronger viewpoints will bash him big time for not being a true blue conservative