Author Topic: Tony McTones was right - NYS now rules that incest marriage is ok.  (Read 1627 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Tony McTones was right - NYS now rules that incest marriage is ok.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
The state’s highest court has toppled a cultural taboo — legalizing a degree of incest, at least between an uncle and niece — in a unanimous ruling.

While the laws against “parent-child and brother-sister marriages . . . are grounded in the almost universal horror with which such marriages are viewed . . . there is no comparably strong objection to uncle-niece marriages,” Tuesday’s ruling reads.

Judge Robert Smith of the Court of Appeals wrote that such unions were lawful in New York until 1893 and Rhode Island allows them.

The decision stems from a case brought by Vietnamese citizen Huyen Nguyen, 34, a woman who had appealed a ruling by an immigration judge.

The judge had tried to boot her from the United States after declaring that her 2000 marriage in Rochester to her mother’s half-brother was invalid.

Nguyen and her husband, Vu Truong, 38, appealed and won.

“I’m very happy for my clients,” said their lawyer, Michael Marszalkowski.

“They’ve been married 14 years now, but unfortunately, for half the time, there has been this concern over their heads about whether [the immigration issue] could be resolved. Thankfully, now it has been,” Marszalkowski said.

Marszalkowski said he won the case by zeroing in on the language of the state’s domestic-relations law.

The statute reads that “a marriage is incestuous and void whether the relatives are legitimate or illegitimate between either: 1. An ancestor and a descendant; 2. A brother and sister of either the whole or half blood; 3. An uncle and niece or an aunt and nephew.”

Incest is a crime punishable by a $50 to $100 fine and up to six months in jail.

Marszalkowski determined that as a matter of consanguinity, or blood relations, half-uncles and nieces share the same level of genetic ties as first cousins — or only one-eighth the same DNA.

“It really was the equivalent of cousins marrying, which has been allowed in New York state for well over 100 years,” Marszalkowski said.

Those on the six-person judicial panel acknowledged that they are not scientists, but noted that the “genetic risk in a half-uncle, half-niece relationship is half what it would be if the parties were related by the full blood.”

Nguyen and her husband, a truck driver, still live in Rochester and do not have any children.

She sued the US Attorney General Eric Holder, who enforces the country’s immigration laws.

A spokesman from his office did not return a message.

Family law expert Michael Stutman of the firm Mishcon de Reya, who is not involved in the case, said the ruling is in synch with today’s modern families.

“As people are more mobile and living longer marriages are ending and people remarry and you get blended families with step children and half children,” Stutman reasoned.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »
Twisted. 

More to follow.   :-\

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »
Now onto bestiality!!!! :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »
Now onto bestiality!!!! :)

I think triad marriages are next. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 05:37:04 PM »
The case is limited to its particular facts. It doesn't permit marriage between full-blood uncles and nieces. The blood relationship in this case is comparable to first cousins, which, as the article notes,  are allowed to marry. In fact, our hero, Rudy Giuliani, married a first cousin if my memory serves me correctly.

"She was married to Rudy Giuliani, who is her second cousin once removed and whom she had known since childhood, on October 26, 1968 in a large Roman Catholic ceremony in Bedford Park, The Bronx."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regina_Peruggi

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »
You want to see what happens to a population when 1st cousins start marrying and breeding, take a look at any middle eastern country
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. Still not my cup of tea.

No worries. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 06:44:17 PM »
I think triad marriages are next. 
I apologize, I got ahead of myself...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 07:22:20 PM »
NY determined to topple Alaska as the incest capital of the USA

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 12:57:59 AM »
You want to see what happens to a population when 1st cousins start marrying and breeding, take a look at any middle eastern country

I'm thinking England.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 10:05:23 AM »
The case is limited to its particular facts. It doesn't permit marriage between full-blood uncles and nieces. The blood relationship in this case is comparable to first cousins, which, as the article notes,  are allowed to marry. In fact, our hero, Rudy Giuliani, married a first cousin if my memory serves me correctly.

Stop with context and facts, this is brother sister marriage, libs want kids fucking pigs on the street.