Author Topic: US Marine released from Mexican prison...right before the mid-term election!  (Read 959 times)

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
This man spent 214 days in a Mexican prison and was released days before the mid-term election. ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
This man spent 214 days in a Mexican prison and was released days before the mid-term election. ;D

What I posted on FB right when the story was released....

Finally!! But I can't help to thing this is a November surprise that could have been taken care of long ago. I fear this is Obama and left using this Marine as a political pawn.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I'm still shocked that an international gunrunner that lied to authorities and tried to escape prison twice isn't still in jail.   I don't know what party he's in, and I don't care.  It's the gun laws.  He loaded up 3 weapons, packed bricks of ammo, and "accidentally" entered a foreign nation that he had entered twice before on video - which may just undermine him not knowing where he was.   And as one of the few getbiggers that actually carry a big ass gun every day - I can tell you - it's a HUGE responsibility.  YOU YOU YOU are responsible for knowing the laws of the places you drive, walk, and carry.  This dude was irresposible with 3 guns in Cali and Mex... brutal.  Is it even legal to drive around with 3 loaded guns (one being an AR-15) in cali to begin with?

Even if we can accept "oh, it was just a misunderstanding", the FACT remains (admitted by his lawyer) that he tried to jailbreak twice, and LIED to police.

Those things alone mean he should still be in jail.  And please, nobody resort to the "He was only jailbreaking and lying to police because he made a mistake" - - - unless you're cool with that standard being used all the time.  Think about it... police pull me over, get the wrong guy, so I lie to them and run.  Nope, it's a separate crime while the judicial system works it out.

Also, if a member of the Mexican military is off duty and accidentally smuggled a brick of heroin into the USA, I hope we can all let him go, right?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I'm still shocked that an international gunrunner that lied to authorities and tried to escape prison twice isn't still in jail.

Even if we can accept "oh, it was just a misunderstanding", the FACT remains (admitted by his lawyer) that he tried to jailbreak twice, and LIED to police.

Those things alone mean he should still be in jail.  And please, nobody resort to the "He was only jailbreaking and lying to police because he made a mistake" - - - unless you're cool with that standard being used all the time.  Think about it... police pull me over, get the wrong guy, so I lie to them and run.  Nope, it's a separate crime while the judicial system works it out.

Also, if a member of the Mexican military is off duty and accidentally smuggled a brick of heroin into the USA, I hope we can all let him go, right?

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
::)

You wanna know the real kicker?  This dude was ALREADY breaking california law by driving around with LOADED rifles and shotguns in his car.

Yes it was loaded, and yes, it is illegal under Cali law:
http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel

Are you okay with this dude breaking Cali gun laws too?   And if so, are you okay with the other 38 million people in Cali breaking this law too?   

Even if we buy his mistake.  Even if we excuse his lying to authorities and twice jailbreak.  We CANNOT excuse the fact he broke US law, California law, by having those long arms loaded in his vehicle in the first place.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
You wanna know the real kicker?  This dude was ALREADY breaking california law by driving around with LOADED rifles and shotguns in his car.

Yes it was loaded, and yes, it is illegal under Cali law:
http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel

Are you okay with this dude breaking Cali gun laws too?   And if so, are you okay with the other 38 million people in Cali breaking this law too?   

Even if we buy his mistake.  Even if we excuse his lying to authorities and twice jailbreak.  We CANNOT excuse the fact he broke US law, California law, by having those long arms loaded in his vehicle in the first place.

anyone?

I'm baffled why a guy can break the law and it's totally cool... and our govt should get involved to release him.

He broke cali law.  He broke int'l law.  he lied to authorities and tried twice to escape.

I'm shocked it's even being debated.  I'm shocked about this "win" when a guy that BREAKS CALI GUN LAWS is rewarded.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
anyone?

I'm baffled why a guy can break the law and it's totally cool... and our govt should get involved to release him.

He broke cali law.  He broke int'l law.  he lied to authorities and tried twice to escape.

I'm shocked it's even being debated.  I'm shocked about this "win" when a guy that BREAKS CALI GUN LAWS is rewarded.

Obama helped opened the borders for thousands of illegals to cross, commit crimes even murder and they're allowed to stay. The cop that was killed last week was killed by an illegal that was deported twice. You have a marine that served his country locked up in a Mexican jail for 200+ days for a mistake he made. He didn't kill or hurt anyone and you're trying to make a case for the Mexicans when all obama had to do was make a call. How convieniant he just happens to get out 6 days before an important election. You're warped.

Anyone?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Regardless of his innocence or guilt (irrelevent), this was clearly a political move.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Obama helped opened the borders for thousands of illegals to cross, commit crimes even murder and they're allowed to stay. The cop that was killed last week was killed by an illegal that was deported twice. You have a marine that served his country locked up in a Mexican jail for 200+ days for a mistake he made. He didn't kill or hurt anyone and you're trying to make a case for the Mexicans when all obama had to do was make a call. How convieniant he just happens to get out 6 days before an important election. You're warped.

Anyone?

Obama didn't lock him in that Mexican jail, the Mexican authorities did.

It's rather unrealistic to expect that Mexican authorities c/w/should be swayed by how honourably (which is debatable) he served a country that was not their own.

A simple phone call to a country with which you do not share an extradition treaty is a waste of Presidential time, a further insult to Mexican sovereignty, with the potential for huge blowback. I think your country already has it's hands filled grappling with the blowback resulting from previous missteps, and displays of hubris.

The only warped perspective I'm seeing here is yours Coach.

As for the timing of his release... yes, it is rather convenient. At least he'll be able to vote  :D
As to whether it is mere coincidence... meh {shrug} ...probably no more, or no less coincidental than the timing of the release of the embassy hostages in the 80's when #40 took office. Coach, your boy is home.

Please Stop complaining. ::)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
locked up in a Mexican jail for 200+ days for a mistake he made. He didn't kill or hurt anyone

#1 - You believe he made a "mistake".  He admitted he LIED repeatedly to police.  He knowingly broke Cali gun laws.  Tough for me to believe a "mistake", but we can agree to disagree on that.

#2 - He didn't kill or hurt anyone?  Those guns sure could have, had they been sold in MEX.

#3 - He broke Cali gun laws, Coach.  YOU are not allowed to carry a loaded long arm in your vehicle in Cali to protect yourself against liberal criminals, but this man did.  You have to sit at red lights, slipping and vulnerable, but this dude didn't feel those laws applied to him.  I hate people that break gun laws, and feel I should be unarmed, but hey, they're special and should be able to protect themselves in a way that you, coech, aren't legally allowed to do. 

YOU would STILL be in jail, had you packed 2 longarms fully loaded in Cali, like he did.  Don't ya see how unfair that is?  Even if you toss out his "mistake" in toting guns to Mexico - he STILL broke US gun laws that YOU have to follow daily.  If a carload of obama voters decided to carjack you on the way to the gym today, YOU are powerless and end up at their mercy.  Yet this lawbreaking dude is able to whip out an AR15 and send 30 fast rounds their way. 

It's not fair to YOU, dude.  He gets a strategic defensive advantage that lib leadership says you don't deserve.