Author Topic: Flex Wheeler - the nicest pro you can ever meet,  (Read 30929 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: flex wheeler is the nicest pro you can ever meet,
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 06:53:30 PM »
Who the fuck is Alana Triplett?

She's not even worth a google. Not good

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »
She was one of those fitness models featured in Musclemag in the late 90s early 2000s, along with Cori Nadine, among others.

Oh. I was not at MuscleMag during those years. And besides, all these fitness sluts had became a big blur to me by that time. Wasn't Cori Nadine featured in Playboy? I seem to think I have some nude pics of her somewhere ... Anyway ...

I do remember Bruce Patterson smashing one of 'em during her stay in Toronto. We were hanging in his hotel room and he would occasionally put down his submarine sandwich and say he was going to this fitness slut's room to hit it, once again. No joke. But for what I know now, the guy could have been disappearing to visit one of the ice machines to meet a paying schmoe.

What do I know?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 07:27:44 PM »
whether they are nice or not it is always awesome to meet the legends of our sport

E
E

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 07:40:19 PM »
Oh, Ok...who again? (I am saying this as to why would he act like that?)
Ain't like he is Ulisses, Skip, hell, even Natural Ron Coleman or that supposedly natural Yhonnie Shamburger

Beats me. Was a huge fan of his back in the day ( back when I was a teen and natural ). Went up to him at the Arnold, saw that he was talkin to a fellow " athlete ", waited my turn ... and kept waitin ... and waitin ... Jeff looks over ... I keep waitin ... and waitin ... etc., etc. Completely blew me off. Saw me and ignored me like I wasn't even there. :/ Finally, I walked off and never bought any AST supplements again. Pissed me off.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »
This.

I travelled to Gold's Venice in '94, a few days in front of when Flex was to return from FIBO. Platz, with whom I was essentially gonna hang for that week, was also not yet in town. So I had a bit of time to myself to lift and soak in the sights. (I ended up having a blast with Priest, David Paul, Jason Mathas, etc., as it turns out.) Anyway ...

I approached Wheeler's training pal, Rico McClinton, introducing myself as an editor from MuscleMag. Told him I'd be interested to meet Flex and perhaps even catch a workout with them while I was in town. Rico was super friendly (as well as all the other guys he was with) and told me Ken was to return any day, and when he did, he would gladly introduce me. Said he saw no issue with my lifting with them.

Flex returns a day ahead of Tom, I see him in Gold's, so I head over to where they are. Rico flashes a smile and introduces me. Flex barely acknowledges me and literally walks away, brushing past. Rico, being the beta of that group (no offence to him), just gives me a sorry-man-I-don't-know-what-to-say look and follows Wheeler.

Days later, after I'd been training with Platz, Priest, David Paul, (and beside Lou at one point at World Gym), Flex saunters over at Gold's, saying something to the effect of, Yeah, man! I didn't know you were an editor at MuscleMag. How you doing?!

I flatly say, I'm good. Thanks, and walk past him, not giving him the time of day. I guess once he found out I worked for Bob Kennedy, I was important.

I don't play that game.

Total prick.

P.S. I attended a seminar he gave many months after at what was at the time Monster Gym (before that, Arnold's Gym ... was forced to change the name when Arnold threatened legal action ... and one night the front windows were shot out in a drive-by) in Toronto. He arrived like he was King of the World and proceeded to bore the living hell out of everyone with two hours of yammering about his water weight and being "dryer" doing this and that.

People were literally falling asleep.

Sorry to hear that. :/ Have met Vince MANY times and he was just as cordial as could be. And not only to me, but to everybody that was around him.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »
I always thought someone should offer Rico some money to ghostwrite a tell all of Golds at that time and Flex and Cormier.  I'm sure Rico knows all sorts of interesting things.  What is he doing now?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 09:45:19 PM »
This.

I travelled to Gold's Venice in '94, a few days in front of when Flex was to return from FIBO. Platz, with whom I was essentially gonna hang for that week, was also not yet in town. So I had a bit of time to myself to lift and soak in the sights. (I ended up having a blast with Priest, David Paul, Jason Mathas, etc., as it turns out.) Anyway ...

I approached Wheeler's training pal, Rico McClinton, introducing myself as an editor from MuscleMag. Told him I'd be interested to meet Flex and perhaps even catch a workout with them while I was in town. Rico was super friendly (as well as all the other guys he was with) and told me Ken was to return any day, and when he did, he would gladly introduce me. Said he saw no issue with my lifting with them.

Flex returns a day ahead of Tom, I see him in Gold's, so I head over to where they are. Rico flashes a smile and introduces me. Flex barely acknowledges me and literally walks away, brushing past. Rico, being the beta of that group (no offence to him), just gives me a sorry-man-I-don't-know-what-to-say look and follows Wheeler.

Days later, after I'd been training with Platz, Priest, David Paul, (and beside Lou at one point at World Gym), Flex saunters over at Gold's, saying something to the effect of, Yeah, man! I didn't know you were an editor at MuscleMag. How you doing?!

I flatly say, I'm good. Thanks, and walk past him, not giving him the time of day. I guess once he found out I worked for Bob Kennedy, I was important.

I don't play that game.

Total prick.

P.S. I attended a seminar he gave many months after at what was at the time Monster Gym (before that, Arnold's Gym ... was forced to change the name when Arnold threatened legal action ... and one night the front windows were shot out in a drive-by) in Toronto. He arrived like he was King of the World and proceeded to bore the living hell out of everyone with two hours of yammering about his water weight and being "dryer" doing this and that.

Great story! You need to post more bro

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 10:14:11 PM »
Oh. I was not at MuscleMag during those years. And besides, all these fitness sluts had became a big blur to me by that time. Wasn't Cori Nadine featured in Playboy? I seem to think I have some nude pics of her somewhere ... Anyway ...

I do remember Bruce Patterson smashing one of 'em during her stay in Toronto. We were hanging in his hotel room and he would occasionally put down his submarine sandwich and say he was going to this fitness slut's room to hit it, once again. No joke. But for what I know now, the guy could have been disappearing to visit one of the ice machines to meet a paying schmoe.

What do I know?
Alana was a black fitness model,

Musclemag shot few of those. Cori Nadine did do Playboy, and so did Amy Fadhli.
Bruce? Wasn't he on the "Bay Likey Team"?  

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 10:35:42 PM »
Alana was a black fitness model, Musclemag shot few of those. Cori Nadine did do Playboy, and so did Amy Fadhli.
Bruce? Wasn't he on the "Bay Likey Team"? 

Miss $2,000/hr.  I don't know why Tito decided to wife up a girl like that.  Good luck to them, I guess...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »
Miss $2,000/hr.  I don't know why Tito decided to wife up a girl like that.  Good luck to them, I guess...
They are still going strong, and I believe have kids together.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 01:35:07 AM »
I'd love to have Flex measure my BF.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 04:52:02 AM »
This.

I don't play that game.

Total prick.

There's a Getbigger that don't want the term 'Super" thrown around .

Flex the ultimate super douche

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2014, 07:00:37 AM »
I'd love to have Flex measure my BF.

If you're looking to hit 0% bf then look for someone else. Insecure Flex would never let a fellow athlete achieve such an accomplishment.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2014, 07:58:22 AM »
YEAH FORTESS ,,,REAL DEAL...
muscle mag was great magazine in 80/90's
no secret all the same 4 guys wheeler/ray/titus/lou have been mentioned as pricks by numerous accounts here alone.
everybody has there day in the sun and it sets...so of course wheeler/ray /titus 'he has no choice'come back to earth somewhat and be cordial or fan friendly..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 08:29:07 AM »
I'd give my right kidney to meet Flex Wheeler

+ 5.3

subtle  ;D

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2014, 08:49:17 AM »
I've had two experiences with Flex. First I was at the South Beach Pro in 96. Walked up and asked if I could get a picture with him and my wife. He said hold on one minute came back and I shot the pic. Probably agreed because my wife is attractive.

Second was off season before the 99 Olympia. He was making an appearance at a supplement store in S. FL. He was at his all time biggest said he weighed 289. His arms and delts were stupid round and huge, cartoonish (Halo would have shot his load in his pants.) Asked him if he was gonna come back and beat Ronnie and take the Olympia, he just kind of mumbled and nodded his head.

Flex came off as kind of shy and aloof. Seemed kind of uncomfortable around people he didn't know. He mentioned in his book flexibility that he was very shy.
Although with all of his fame in Bodybuilding, it appeared he became arrogant and cocky.  Seems like a lot of people have had not so great experiences with Flex in back his competitive days.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
I'd give my right kidney to meet Flex Wheeler

LOL

My nomination for post of the month.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2014, 09:24:07 AM »
Dex told some kid to fix his broken camera. Or was it that Dex broke the kid's camera? And Shawn told King Kamali as a kid to keep dreaming (something like that)...and that is what Kamali has continued doing to this day.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2014, 10:59:33 AM »
Dex told some kid to fix his broken camera. Or was it that Dex broke the kid's camera? And Shawn told King Kamali as a kid to keep dreaming (something like that)...and that is what Kamali has continued doing to this day.
AVBG? I think.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »
Buddy of mine claims the biggest douche he's met was Don Long in the mid 90's.  Said he was the most arrogant self absorbed prick he's ever met.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »
Buddy of mine claims the biggest douche he's met was Don Long in the mid 90's.  Said he was the most arrogant self absorbed prick he's ever met.

Karma is a bitch.  His kidneys were wimpy compared to Wheeler.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »
WHeeler is one of the most shitty people in BBing out there...and that's saying a lot.

he got his though-----look where all that bravado got him haha

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2014, 03:07:07 PM »
WHeeler is one of the most shitty people in BBing out there...and that's saying a lot.

he got his though-----look where all that bravado got him haha

Targeted by Ninjas.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 03:14:10 PM »
Don was a former stripper...would you be surprised?

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 04:05:48 PM »
I knew and worked with Flex for almost 15 years.  As with most bodybuilders, I didn't know if they were truly my friend or just worked with me because it was just good business.  A lot of pro's would joke around and be relaxed around me, but back then, they sorta had to deal with me.  Know what I mean?

Unfortunately, Flex was what some call a "fair weather friend."  When things are going good, he's around.  When things aren't going good for me, he's no where to be found.

With that said, I do know Flex has a couple friends he's actually close with.  His biggest problem?  Flex doesn't like himself.  I don't think he knows how.

For a while there, when he found God, he seemed to have direction and purpose in his life beyond money, fame, or temptation.  He fell off the boat (so did Shawn Ray) many times, and eventually floundered.  I don't fault him for that.  What I'm saying is Flex isn't the type of good person he could have been.  He could have been a lot of things, actually.  The best thing he could do is get a therapist and work things out (I say this with all due respect).

He has been through a lot of tragic events in life.  I guess we'll never see his true potential, personally or professionally.  Either way, I wish him well.