Author Topic: Health Insurance Cost Based on Income  (Read 1754 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Health Insurance Cost Based on Income
« on: November 03, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »
Any of you guys experience this?

I never really paid much attention to it but it looks like I have the potential to make a good amount more this year and my premiums and deductibles are going to a good amount higher if it happens.

My premiums look like they will be about $1200+ more a year and I would have a higher deductible as well.

I had never heard of anything like this, I think its freaking ludicrous!

Im guessing the liberals on here are all for it....

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Health Insurance Cost Based on Income
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »
How is that? If you get the same coverage you pay the same price, right? Otherwise we may as well jist have had a single payer system where everyone oaid a percentage into a pot.

Current system seems like the worst parts of all the systems combined into one bastard child.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 08:32:27 AM »

I never really paid much attention to it but it looks like I have the potential to make a good amount more this year and my premiums and deductibles are going to a good amount higher if it happens.

My premiums look like they will be about $1200+ more a year and I would have a higher deductible as well.

Employer Group plans do not vary employee to employee based on their salary
Private plans don't vary based on salary/income

Are you telling us you've been using a plan that has subsidized premiums due to your lower income?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
Employer Group plans do not vary employee to employee based on their salary
Private plans don't vary based on salary/income

Are you telling us you've been using a plan that has subsidized premiums due to your lower income?
Haha well at least one does, and the sliding scale of monthly premiums goes up to 500k+ in salary.

P.S. I probably pay more in taxes than you take home boss.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »
Haha well at least one does, and the sliding scale of monthly premiums goes up to 500k+ in salary.

paying more taxes is nothing to brag about; get a better financial planner and CPA.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 03:40:17 PM »
paying more taxes is nothing to brag about
Tell that to obama and the rest of the liberal goof troop. Apparently to them paying taxes is patriotic, I guess I'm one patriotic sob then

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »
http://m.benefitspro.com/2013/07/05/more-employers-tie-premiums-to-salary-levels

Par for the course straw is wrong...

And guess what folks its increasing bc of OBAMACARE!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 05:23:36 PM »
How is that? If you get the same coverage you pay the same price, right? Otherwise we may as well jist have had a single payer system where everyone oaid a percentage into a pot.

Current system seems like the worst parts of all the systems combined into one bastard child.
oh no...same coverage, higher price

and more and more companies are going to this scheme as a result of obamacare

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 05:46:24 PM »

I've been self employed for over 20 years so haven't been on employer based plan in a long time.
You sound like a little kid who is having his first good year so good for you.

If you want to have a pissing contest that's fine with me. I had my first six figure year the first year I was self employed and that was in 1992 and many years at 250k+

I assume you managed to finally move out of your parents house.   Have you bought a house yet?
You live in Texas right?   Houses are dirt cheap there.

If you dont like your employers plan you can always go buy your own insurance like many people do.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »
I've been self employed for over 20 years so haven't been on employer based plan in a long time.
You sound like a little kid who is having his first good year so good for you.

If you want to have a pissing contest that's fine with me. I had my first six figure year the first year I was self employed and that was in 1992 and many years at 250k+

I assume you managed to finally move out of your parents house.   Have you bought a house yet?
You live in Texas right?   Houses are dirt cheap there.

If you dont like your employers plan you can always go buy your own insurance like many people do.
depends on what you consider a good year?

I have made more than the average family for some time now and I didnt start the pissing contest, you did.

You sound like a childish adult who is upset that someone younger than you is making more...

I havent bought, believe it or not my pay looks like it will increase at a good pace for the next few years so I have decided to wait to buy a place. Id rather not buy a place now and then move in a few years. Also houses arent really cheap in the areas I would rather live.

I like my healthcare plan, I just dont think its fair to charge me more simply b/c i make more money. Thats the whole point of this thread, you were the one that decided to try and insult me with the low income/subsidy bull shit.

But as long as you know you were wrong on all issues, were good here.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 06:13:33 PM »

No, this is EXACTLY what you get with Republicans (and Democrats alike) championing the middle man, Private Health Insurance.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 06:22:15 PM »
depends on what you consider a good year?

I have made more than the average family for some time now and I didnt start the pissing contest, you did.

You sound like a childish adult who is upset that someone younger than you is making more...

I havent bought, believe it or not my pay looks like it will increase at a good pace for the next few years so I have decided to wait to buy a place. Id rather not buy a place now and then move in a few years. Also houses arent really cheap in the areas I would rather live.

I like my healthcare plan, I just dont think its fair to charge me more simply b/c i make more money. Thats the whole point of this thread, you were the one that decided to try and insult me with the low income/subsidy bull shit.

But as long as you know you were wrong on all issues, were good here.

of course you started it

I live in the bay area with twenty something millionaires so I'm used to plenty of people younger than me making a lot more money than me.
I've got a 26 year old client who makes 100k+ a month posting videos on YouTube (I shit you not - it's ridiculous). 

When you grow up and mature (which might actually happen to you one day) you don't really give a shit what anyone else makes and you aren't so insecure that you need to compare yourself to others because you don't judge your self worth in that manner

I get it though.  You're having your first good year and you think you've got the world by the balls.  It's a good feeling.
An even better feeling is owning your own home, having a nice fat savings/investment/retirement account and not giving a shit about anyone else.

maybe you'll get there one day

BTW - instead of pissing and moaning about paying a few bucks more for insurance why don't you just go shop for private insurance.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 06:25:17 PM »
of course you started it

I live in the bay area with twenty something millionaires so I'm used to plenty of people younger than me making a lot more money than me.
I've got a 26 year old client who makes 100k+ a month posting videos on YouTube (I shit you not - it's ridiculous). 

When you grow up and mature (which might actually happen to you one day) you don't really give a shit what anyone else makes and you aren't so insecure that you need to compare yourself to others because you don't judge your self worth in that manner

I get it though.  You're having your first good year and you think you've got the world by the balls.  It's a good feeling.
An even better feeling is owning your own home, having a nice fat savings/investment/retirement account and not giving a shit about anyone else.

maybe you'll get there one day

BTW - instead of pissing and moaning about paying a few bucks more for insurance why don't you just go shop for private insurance.   

wait wait wait, your dumb ass makes a comment about my income and I care about what others make?

LMFAO only your dumb ass would make such a stupid statement.

Instead of changing the subject why dont you try and address it.

Do you think its right that insurance premiums should be based on income?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
wait wait wait, your dumb ass makes a comment about my income and I care about what others make?

LMFAO only your dumb ass would make such a stupid statement.

Instead of changing the subject why dont you try and address it.

Do you think its right that insurance premiums should be based on income?

I made no comment about your income other than to say that is sounds like you're having your first good year

congratulations

hopefully you're maxing out your 401k because without owning property you're going to pay a lot more in taxes than you did last year

It's a bummer having to write a big check to the IRS

The requirement for pegging insurance premiums to incomes seems to be part of the ACA (I've only read the one item you've posted).

Again, if you don't like it you are free to choose to purchase private insurance that has no such requirement

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 06:36:06 PM »
Both of you are arguing like small school children.  Nobody cares how much either of you don`t make.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
Both of you are arguing like small school children.  Nobody cares how much either of you don`t make.

great job with the reading comprehension

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 06:52:16 PM »
great job with the reading comprehension

All I read was you bragging about representing some Youtube Vlogging loser making 100 grand a month which is probably bullshit anyways.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »
I made no comment about your income other than to say that is sounds like you're having your first good year
Your first post in the thread dumb ass

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 07:17:02 PM »
All I read was you bragging about representing some Youtube Vlogging loser making 100 grand a month which is probably bullshit anyways.

I guess you're actually more dumb than I originally thought.

I was pointing that I'm used to people much younger than me making a lot more than me

I wish it was bullshit because if you saw the stuff he does you'd be going why the fuck didn't I think of that

Are you aware there are people in South Korea who make a good living on YouTube (and other sites) posting videos of them eating

that's it

just eating

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
Your first post in the thread dumb ass

you're aware that you brought up the subject of your income in the first post ...right

I guess you've actually been on a subsidized plan all along since the people who made more than you at your company have been subsidizing your premiums

I hope you thanked them

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 07:29:45 PM »
I guess you're actually more dumb than I originally thought.

I was pointing that I'm used to people much younger than me making a lot more than me

I wish it was bullshit because if you saw the stuff he does you'd be going why the fuck didn't I think of that

Are you aware there are people in South Korea who make a good living on YouTube (and other sites) posting videos of them eating

that's it

just eating
Of course, but their level of income is exaggerated.  I am friends with a "top earner", top 10 this year on youtube, who does pranks and he does not make 100,000 a month.  So whatever.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 07:46:53 PM »
Of course, but their level of income is exaggerated.  I am friends with a "top earner", top 10 this year on youtube, who does pranks and he does not make 100,000 a month.  So whatever.

I've seen his tax returns - seven figures gross annually

It's ridiculous and he started out just posting that shit for his own entertainment

Seriously, I was like WTF ?

Why didn't I think of this shit

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »
I've seen his tax returns - seven figures gross annually

It's ridiculous and he started out just posting that shit for his own entertainment

Seriously, I was like WTF ?

Why didn't I think of this shit

I guess it must vary.  Does this include other endorsements plus adsense and partner money?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 08:11:54 PM »
I guess it must vary.  Does this include other endorsements plus adsense and partner money?

I don't know

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 09:03:03 PM »
http://m.benefitspro.com/2013/07/05/more-employers-tie-premiums-to-salary-levels

Par for the course straw is wrong...

And guess what folks its increasing bc of OBAMACARE!!!!

Interesting link. This article is dated July 2013. Signups for the Health Exchange (Obamacare) began 3 months later in October 2013 with insurance coverage being effective begining January 1, 2014.