Author Topic: Went to Vote....Had To Destroy Som Fat Democrat Campaigners  (Read 8057 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Went to Vote....Had To Destroy Som Fat Democrat Campaigners
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 04:08:41 PM »
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/lincoln-imposes-first-federal-income-tax

Aug 5, 1861:
Lincoln imposes first federal income tax

On this day in 1861, Lincoln imposes the first federal income tax by signing the Revenue Act. Strapped for cash with which to pursue the Civil War, Lincoln and Congress agreed to impose a 3 percent tax on annual incomes over $800.

As early as March 1861, Lincoln had begun to take stock of the federal government's ability to wage war against the South. He sent letters to cabinet members Edward Bates, Gideon Welles and Salmon Chase requesting their opinions as to whether or not the president had the constitutional authority to "collect [such] duties." According to documents housed and interpreted by the Library of Congress, Lincoln was particularly concerned about maintaining federal authority over collecting revenue from ports along the southeastern seaboard, which he worried, might fall under the control of the Confederacy.

The Revenue Act's language was broadly written to define income as gain "derived from any kind of property, or from any professional trade, employment, or vocation carried on in the United States or elsewhere or from any source whatever." According to the U.S. Treasury Department, the comparable minimum taxable income in 2003, after adjustments for inflation, would have been approximately $16,000.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2014, 04:10:31 PM »
Again ...

Even in the agricultural sector, Northern farmers were out-producing their southern counterparts in several important areas, as Southern agriculture remained labor intensive while northern agriculture became increasingly mechanized. By 1860, the free states had nearly twice the value of farm machinery per acre and per farm worker as did the slave states, leading to increased productivity. As a result, in 1860, the Northern states produced half of the nation's corn, four-fifths of its wheat, and seven-eighths of its oats.

And this is only agriculture. The north had all the other manufacturing and industry.
Everything the North had was because of Southern revenue and Southern money in Northern banks.  Ever heard of The Bank Wars?  The North stole every single bit of money and did not give a cent back.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 05:34:44 PM »
Versace Voodoo Venom Vince keeping it real in this thread.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »
So I'm pulling up in the parking lot of the polling station and get out but when I was walking in I was blocked by some tree huggers who wanted me to take a sample ballot....I instead told her to sample my nuts instead you fat bitch.  Dude next to her said that it wasn't nice of me to say that to which I replied that if he should shut up and get out of my way if he didn't want to go to CrazyTown as well.

Once I got in, I reported them to the staff instead who proceeded to chew them out.....but I think I took care of that already.   To be clear, these folks are notorious in town for blocking and forcing their ideals on people with signs and stopping traffic so it didn't take much for me to unload some pain on them  ;D

Can't wait until 2016.  Earl Gray Tea Approved.. ;D

Wait. I thought you were a lib/dem?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »
bleehh Id rather remove my testicles with a hot spoon

TA can help with that. He likes to cook.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 07:28:51 PM »
Republicans pick up an historic ten seats in the house and so far holding at 5 in the senate.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2014, 07:31:29 PM »
Republicans pick up an historic ten seats in the house and so far holding at 5 in the senate.

Disaster is right.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2014, 09:23:35 PM »
Disaster is right.

Koch Brothers strike again....they really are buying elections
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
I wouldn`t really give them any credit really.  Sure they can dump money into elections, but at the end of the day the blame falls on the people and their own stupidity.  I think blaming anyone else is a cop out.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »
I wouldn`t really give them any credit really.  Sure they can dump money into elections, but at the end of the day the blame falls on the people and their own stupidity.  I think blaming anyone else is a cop out.

That's like saying all North Koreans are idiots cause they think Jim. Jong Un is the center of the universe....they don't know any better cause there is a lack of available information.

The money controls the information and MOST voters aren't sitting on the internet pouring over voting records of the senate.  They get the info from the sources that pay to tell them what they want to hear.

It's not these peoples' fault that they've been inundated by pollster-spun facts and rhetoric

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2014, 10:02:44 PM »
That's like saying all North Koreans are idiots cause they think Jim. Jong Un is the center of the universe....they don't know any better cause there is a lack of available information.

The money controls the information and MOST voters aren't sitting on the internet pouring over voting records of the senate.  They get the info from the sources that pay to tell them what they want to hear.

It's not these peoples' fault that they've been inundated by pollster-spun facts and rhetoric
Uh, in North Korea they don`t vote.

Most people do not even use information to vote anyways other than the R or the D next to someones name.  You really are not ready to blame people for their own stupidity?  Besides, its not like the Koch brothers are really putting anything informative out there anyways.  Nobody is swayed by political ads or any of that nonsense.  You think anyone listens to them?  They don`t.

Furthermore, if people are too dumb to research their candidates or issues, then they certainly deserve the garbage they get.  I don`t feel sorry for stupidity one bit. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2014, 10:35:07 AM »

No I mostly vote Democrat with the exception of a few Republicans.  But regardless of party affiliation....what's right is right.  Don't both my path..

Bravo, Vince.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2014, 11:57:09 AM »

George Soros, liberal, and Koch Brothers, conservative, donate about the same. They balance each other out.  The Soros empire is mostly off shore. The Koch empire employs thousands of Americans.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »
Stop comparing best korea with usa .its an insult to the great country and everybody would vote for kim anyway so why even habe a election...waste of time..have you missed The pics where women are crying of happyness everytime kim appears? Thats how loved he is by his people

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2014, 12:11:41 PM »
ROFLMAO, yes because sugar cane grows well in the North.  ::)

Was listening to C-Span lat year with an Author of a book about either Thomas Jefferson or before that. The author had said that the reality was that the Caribbean was the money maker. That the "colonies" profits pales in comparison to the Caribbean. I am not sure about this during the antebellum south time period.
But, if you look at the stability of the Caribbean, and the climate, that may have helped.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 01:07:41 PM »
Was listening to C-Span lat year with an Author of a book about either Thomas Jefferson or before that. The author had said that the reality was that the Caribbean was the money maker. That the "colonies" profits pales in comparison to the Caribbean. I am not sure about this during the antebellum south time period.
But, if you look at the stability of the Caribbean, and the climate, that may have helped.
That was one of Jeffersons concerns and why he had to have the Louisiana Purchase.  He knew in time, General Toussaint Louverture, The Black Napoleon, could possibly invade and take large parts of territory in the United States.  He had the man power from the former slave empire, money and will to do so.  He is a VERY interesting historical figure.