Author Topic: Republicans will likely have control of House and Senate After Today  (Read 718 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Well, the writing is on the wall today for this election as its pretty clear that they will have control of both.  Question is....will there be anything done with the continued gridlock???
A

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Republicans will likely have control of House and Senate After Today
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:25:01 AM »
Things are supposed to happen slowly in govt...they have been happening too fast on non-American issues frankly(cough, cough - executive order), and not fast enough on basic common sense things in the interest of the country. It's an ongoing theme.

Executive order goes around congress and the power of the purse to fund poor law...that's why it is so dangerous to allow it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 07:30:22 AM »
executive order is highly dangerous - makes a prez a one-man lawmaking machine.

I heard a reallygood analysis on what powers the repubs will have when they take the senate today -

A "mandate" if they get 60% of national vote, or something really big - BUT it's up to obama to respect that, and in 6 years he has not, so everyone doubts that will change much. 

The other - and ONLY - thing the repubs can do with both houses is "power of the purse" - to cut off funding to obama on federal budget, holding the nation hostage until he slows down spending (like ted cruz led last year). 

There's some agreement brewing - according to FOX news - that senate/house will agree NOT to do this for at least one year.  They'll make this deal AFTER the mid-term elections in the lame duck session.  And for ALL of 2015, repubs will do NOTHING to stop obama spending.

They can revisit the issue once Jan/Feb 2016 arrives... but at that point, we're in Super Tuesday, choosing prez candidates, and the LAST thing repubs want is to be the face of a govt shutdown, putting hilary into power.

So the FOX hosts agreed - the power of the purse will probably never actually happen.

what a win today really does is help to prepare for 2016 IF a Republican can win the White House

This is very true.  Anyone celebrating "we have the senate, we can stop obama!" is a total dumb ass.  But anyone who says "This is a big step toward controlling all 3 (house/senate/WH) in 2016, then yes, that's accurate.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 07:33:50 AM »
The damage has been done so it doesn't really matter.

It would take 20 years to un-fuck the country after what Obama has done and that's an optimistic estimate.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 08:15:15 AM »
They have to forget about all the bullshit social stuff. Gay marriage debates are great when you have 2% unemployment and the ragheads are paying us to take their gas. Look at Obamacare perhaps but go after the IRS on an overhaul of the tax system. I suspect they'll go after the EPA and will send some bills that deal with immigration, border security etc. The gridlock will be on the desk of the president.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »
They have to forget about all the bullshit social stuff. Gay marriage debates are great when you have 2% unemployment and the ragheads are paying us to take their gas. Look at Obamacare perhaps but go after the IRS on an overhaul of the tax system. I suspect they'll go after the EPA and will send some bills that deal with immigration, border security etc. The gridlock will be on the desk of the president.

oh yeah, i forgot about the dozens and dozens of 'social wedge' bills that the House has wasted time delivering.

imagine the gridlock we will see now.  House AND senate agreeing on dozens of these social wedge bills, obama continually rejecting them, and nothing getting done.  :(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 08:35:32 AM »
Gridlock is good. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:46:35 AM »
oh yeah, i forgot about the dozens and dozens of 'social wedge' bills that the House has wasted time delivering.

imagine the gridlock we will see now.  House AND senate agreeing on dozens of these social wedge bills, obama continually rejecting them, and nothing getting done.  :(

If they want 2016 they won't bother. They knew it wasn't going anywhere so they passed them in the lower house. Now they may own everything. None of that shit matters....your messiah will have to deal with them if they own Congress.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 08:47:35 AM »
I'm skeptical the Republicans can take the Senate.  We will have to wait and see.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 08:49:52 AM »
I'm skeptical the Republicans can take the Senate.  We will have to wait and see.

Predictions can be wrong, but pretty much all of the polls and prognosticators are projecting it will happen.  Just a question of how big of a majority they will have.  About 52 is the number I hear most often. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »
Predictions can be wrong, but pretty much all of the polls and prognosticators are projecting it will happen.  Just a question of how big of a majority they will have.  About 52 is the number I hear most often. 

I think you're right.  NH and NC are pretty tight.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 09:31:14 AM »
I don't trust the dems. They will and have done anything and everything to win an election no matter how illegal it is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 09:35:49 AM »
I don't trust the dems. They will and have done anything and everything to win an election no matter how illegal it is.

Which years did the Dems steal the Presidency, if any?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 09:44:32 AM »

You can't forget about the social stuff. That's part of the evangelical voters on the right. And, like it or not, NO REPUBLICAN is winning (especially in 2016) without the social conservatives behind him.

Besides, in many cases, the two are tied together. Black people need to pay special attention to that part. It's hardly an accident that the poorest demographic in the country also has the highest out-of-wedlock birthrates and (as of late) highest abortion rate.

And black people (women, in particular) have been there and done that, when it comes to same-sex families raising kids. It's called "mama" and "big mama"/"auntie (Ti-Ti)".....that is, raising kids without men. The actual lesbian thing would hardly help matters in this case.