Author Topic: Amnesty - alive or dead.  (Read 445 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Amnesty - alive or dead.
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:14:15 AM »
Democrats Who Voted for, or Supported, the Gang of 8 Amnesty Bill Were All Defeated

...with two possible exceptions: Jeanne Shaheen barely won against an out-of-state longshot challenger, and Mark Warner probably won against Ed Gillespie.

But otherwise: They all lost. - repost Ace of Spades.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Amnesty - alive or dead.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 11:48:37 AM »
The chief party elder is probably Romney at this point, right?

Romney: A GOP Senate to pass immigration, trade

By JONATHAN TOPAZ | 11/2/14 9:33 AM EST
Politico

Mitt Romney predicted on Sunday that a Republican Senate would break through congressional gridlock and pass legislation on immigration reform and trade.

Appearing on "Fox News Sunday," the former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee warned that President Barack Obama would move after Tuesday's midterm elections towards "amnesty" on immigration reform, a reference to the White House's decision to delay executive action on immigration until after the elections. But Romney said a Republican Congress would pass a more conservative immigration bill focused on border security that the president would sign.

“You’re going to see a provision, first of all, to secure the border," Romney said. "Second of all, to deal with those who come here illegally. And third, to make sure our immigration policies are more open and transparent … That’s going to happen. You’re going to see a bill actually reach the desk of the president if we finally have someone besides Harry Reid sitting in the Senate. So, we’re going to get it done.”

Romney, who said he anticipates major gains for Republicans but declined to predict a GOP Senate takeover, said Democrats were chiefly responsible for the legislative "blockade" in Washington. A Republican Senate, he said, would put pressure on the White House to pass trade promotion authority, which the White House and congressional Republicans largely support but rank-and-file Democrats, led by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), largely oppose.

Romney also said that recent Democratic comments on women's issues and race, including Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu's comments that Obama's unpopularity in her state is partly due to race, show a "desperate" Democratic Party. Those arguments, he said, are getting "weaker and weaker."

On whether he will run for president in 2016, Romney stuck to his familiar line: “I’m not running. I’m not planning on running.".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 11:48:40 AM »
Good.  I hope Congress has the stones to do something when Obama tries to grant further amnesty via executive order.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »
Liberals saying no executive order on amnesty.   :o

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
I doubt he actually intended to follow up on that order - the Amnesty thing is the proverbial ball the Charlie Browns of the messican Hispanic Voting Bloc run up to kick every election and it gets pulled away right after

I don't know why the dems even bother with the Amnesty carrot, its not like the Hispanic bloc is ever going to vote (or vote R) in significant numbers so all it does is annoy moderates and fire up the opposition