Author Topic: alex23 and other getbig tech guru's.... ?? concerning 'android box's  (Read 951 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
I am going to buy an android box.

After some research I have concluded that the 'Minix Neo x8-h' is the best option.  (my main use would be to stream Dish Anywhere)

But I am a complete ignoramous when it comes to computers to I could be wrong.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: alex23 and other getbig tech guru's.... ?? concerning 'android box's
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:54:14 PM »
Minix Neo x8-h comes with xbmc already downloaded on it. But I am not sure exactly what Xbmc is, or if its legal either. I have a feeling it is illegal and I try to obey the laws these days (The fear and love of God compels me). But I dont pay for TV anyways. I have an antenna which picks up free HDTV, but I use my parents Dish subscription through the Dishanywhere app to watch certain sporting events which arent available over antenna (monday night football, local baseball & basketball). The problem with using dishanywhere is that i either have to watch on my laptop or my phone, or connect one of those through hdmi to the tv. The benefit of using the android box would be not having to connect anything to the tv, and having my cell phone and laptop free to use while watching dishanywhere on the tv.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: alex23 and other getbig tech guru's.... ?? concerning 'android box's
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 01:30:56 AM »
You know Google just released The nexus player.

Does that not meet your needs?  It should or even just a cheap google chromecast $35....

If all you want to do is dish anywhere, Google chromecast is a good option, You can mirror your PC playing dish anywhere wirelessly to your tv (while still using the PC for other tasks) and all it will cost you is... $35

The MINIX X8-H looks to have decent specs (aside from the processor which is just o....k in my opinion)  But I tend to stay away from no name brands as I have been stung way too many times in the past and only go for premium products now.

Xbmc in its purest most simplest definition is a media player, a damn good one, especially if you like to remote stream your movies, and even more so if you know a thing or two about computer software tinkering.  Its not illegal, but it can be used to play all these illegal movies you've downloaded.  I personally prefer their competitor, Plex.... Just a bit simpler and cleaner to use in my opinion.  But again, doesn't seem like this is what you're looking for anyways.