Author Topic: ObamaCare Architect cites "stupidity of Americans" for lack of transparency  (Read 25625 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Of course - but some of us can focus on more than 1 thing at once. 

I don't think FOX news can.   OR they want amnesty too.

The word AMNESTY does not appear on their home page.   unreal.
Lots of shit about Taylor Swift, and yes, "17 Unexpected Uses For Honey: We're Trying #12 This Weekend"

But not a word on amnesty.   Do you think it's overlooked - or is FOX NEWS in on the obama amnesty agenda?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/11/16/Obama-on-Gruber-I-Just-Heard-About-This-Today

LMFAO he is either the dumbest man to walk the planet or the biggest liar

Take your pick libfags

240 is Back

• Getbig V
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/11/16/Obama-on-Gruber-I-Just-Heard-About-This-Today

LMFAO he is either the dumbest man to walk the planet or the biggest liar

Take your pick libfags

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

he's a big old distraction!   He's probably 5 minutes away from a monster contract for millions with a 'think tank' for taking this public hit. 

nobody is talking about amnesty!  Not fox, not msnbc.... argh!!!!!!!!

They're all falling for this dumb shit - obviously obamacare was a planned shit sandwich - but leaking video in the days before amnesty is signed by obama alone?   argh!   

Ten minutes til Rush.  PLEASE tell me his show isn't a 3 hour circle jerk on 'i told you so' while amnesty just dances on by.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

he's a big old distraction!   He's probably 5 minutes away from a monster contract for millions with a 'think tank' for taking this public hit. 

They're all falling for this dumb shit - obviously obamacare was a planned shit sandwich - but leaking video in the days before amnesty is signed by obama alone?   argh!   

Ten minutes til Rush.  PLEASE tell me his show isn't a 3 hour circle jerk on 'i told you so' while amnesty just dances on by.

I dpnt listen to Rush

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Gruber was ‘some adviser,’ indeed
By Chris Stirewalt
Published November 17, 2014
FoxNews.com

GRUBER WAS ‘SOME ADVISER,’ INDEED
President Obama on Sunday called Jonathan Gruber “some adviser who never worked on our staff.” Obama told Chief White House Correspondent Ed Henry that he had “just heard about” the multiple times Gruber was caught on camera bragging about helping the White House exploit “the stupidity of the American voter” to pass the health law. But that sure doesn’t gibe with new details about the time when Obama summoned Gruber to the Oval Office for an emergency meeting with a handful of top advisers to salvage passage of ObamaCare amid a 2009 breakdown in the Democrat-controlled Congress. Given the president’s hugely crummy reputation for being forthcoming about his signature law, it seems that blowing off questions about what appears to be evidence of an intentional lie in the crafting of the law would be a bad idea.

Prof was a campaign prop - President Obama’s re-election campaign featured the now-infamous MIT economist Jonathan Gruber in a video, in which Team Obama highlighted Gruber’s role in crafting ObamaCare to attack claims made by former Massachusetts Governor and 2012 Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney. Watch here.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
Agreed.  But you're upset because a private company isn't using its airtime to talk about the things you want them to talk about.  I mean, I don't like half the crap on direcTv, but sheeit, it's america baby, we sure don't want to dictate what they can or cant talk about. 

Also, all networks tell lies.  Turns out, there really aren't walkers eating people and whatnot - but AMC continues this lie every week :(      Once you realize and accept the cables news networks are just entertainment channels, it all makes sense.

You really are stupid if you thought the walking dead was an episode of the news!!  Call me nutty but I picked up on the fiction right away... You argue that the MEDIA lies - by stating that dead people really don't come back???   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
HEHEHEHEEH!!

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I think the president was not told about what's going on, and the reason is that they have had six years experience of the press essentially conspiring with them and the amazing show of events that you just had in that piece in which the administration issues statements, it uses Gruber reports, it's echoed by their minions in the press that's repeated by Democrats as if this is objective evidence, it's simply one example of it.

The other one is, I think that they calculated the president could go a week without talking about it and then pretend he never heard of it because you wouldn't hear about it in the press and in fact except for FOX, you look at all the networks and you showed that last week, it's been a blackout. I remember reading, I think it was on Saturday, there was a story on this, it was probably the first time in The New York Times on page 12 in a box way down at the bottom and the whole impetus of the story is, Republicans are upset about or criticizing about.

This is a scandal of the first order and they imagined they would actually get away with it. And when you see everybody pretending that they had never heard of this guy, when you show the evidence to everybody, he had meetings in the White House 19 times. So when they make the movie, it will be called The Man Who Never Was. And I think this is an extension of the Secret Service scandal. Gruber jumped the fence into the White House, he got through an open door and sat in the Oval Office and joined 19 meetings and that's exactly what happened.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/17/krauthammer_on_gruber_this_is_a_scandal_of_the_first_order_and_they_imagined_they_would_get_away_with_it.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Skip to comments.
Steve Rattner: Jonathan Gruber was 'the man' on Obamacare
Politico ^  | November 18, 2014 | By KENDALL BREITMAN

Posted on ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2014‎ ‎11‎:‎19‎:‎34‎ ‎AM by Oldeconomybuyer

Jonathan Gruber was “the man” behind Obamacare, according to a former adviser to President Barack Obama.

“The problem is not that Gruber helped them put Obamacare together, because he was the man,” Steve Rattner, who worked as Obama’s lead adviser in 2009 for the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry, said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“The problem is what he said in the last two weeks and how the White House has handled it,” Rattner added.

Rattner said his influence was enormous.

“Jonathan Gruber was, back in the day in 2009, the guru on health care,” said Rattner, who was known as the “car czar” when he worked in the administration. “I remember that when I was in the White House, he was certainly viewed as an important figure in helping to put Obamacare together.”

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

Lying again.  It never ends.   ::)  Yes, Fox News is talking about amnesty. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Lying again.  It never ends.   ::)  Yes, Fox News is talking about amnesty.  

when i posted that, the word 'amnesty' didn't appear on their home page.  

With obama dropping a big A-shit on our heads friday, IMO, there is no bigger story.  :(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
when i posted that, the word 'amnesty' didn't appear on their home page.  

With obama dropping a big A-shit on our heads friday, IMO, there is no bigger story.  :(

Oh stop it you lying liar.  They have been talking about amnesty every single day. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
 :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
In true Hillary "What difference at this point does it make" Clinton style.

‘Who Cares?!’: MSNBC Host Goes Off on ‘Pathetic’ GOP for Hyping Gruber
by Matt Wilstein | 4:14 pm, November 18th, 2014

On Tuesday, Politifact informed the world that over the last week Fox News covered the Jonathan Gruber story nearly 10 times more than MSNBC did, mentioning the Obamacare “architect’s” name 779 times compared to 79 times. And when Gruber’s name is mentioned on MSNBC, it’s not always uttered with the same contempt you’ll likely find on Fox.

The Cycle’s Ari Melber proved that to be the case on Tuesday when he railed against those on the right who try to turn Gruber’s comments about the “stupidity of the American voter” into a massive scandal.

First, co-host Krystal Ball said: “The problem with this law has always been the fact that when people look at the details, they like what they’re getting, but when they hear Obamacare they don’t like what they’re getting,” she argued. “So, it’s actually the opposite problem of what he is saying, right?”

But Melber took a more aggressive approach, calling Gruber nothing more than “some dude” who shared his opinions about the law. “Who cares?!” he exclaimed, saying that Gruber did not even “work directly” on the Affordable Care Act. “I hope this is what Republicans continue to do, because it’s pathetic. And the fact that they’re so excited about this, trying to go do oppo research on some dude that no one ever cared about, no one ever heard of.”

“‘Oh my god, Barack Obama hasn’t heard of Jonathan Gruber?’” Melber said, imitating his competitors Fox News. “Neither has the American voter, which doesn’t implicate their intelligence at all. No one cares about Jonathan Gruber, I swear to you!”

Watch video below, via MSNBC:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/who-cares-msnbc-host-goes-off-on-pathetic-gop-for-hyping-gruber/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
These libs are putrid scum

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Jonathan Gruber: Obama personally asked me to help disguise unhelpful Obamacare facts
Hotair ^  | 11/17/2014 | Guy Benson

Posted on ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2014‎ ‎1‎:‎00‎:‎19‎ ‎PM by SeekAndFind

That’s not quite his verbatim quote, but it’s pretty darn close:

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO

“The problem is it’s a political nightmare, and people say ‘no, you can’t tax my benefits’…so what we did a lot in that room was think a lot about well how could we make this work? … And [Obama] is really a realistic guy. He was like, ‘look, I can’t just do this.’ He said ‘it’s just not going to happen politically. The bill will not pass. How do we manage to get there through phase-ins and other things?’ And we talked about it. He was just very interested in that topic.”

And why was Obama so keen on obscuring the nature of his signature law’s taxes? Perhaps because he’d just recently spent months relentlessly hammering John McCain over a proposal to tax health benefits “for the first time.” So he needed MacGruber to swoop in and help craft a strategy of evasion and deflection. Noah mentioned over the weekend that in his response to Grubergate, Obama insisted that he’d never misled the public on Obamacare (which virtually nobody really buys at this point, and for good reason) and disavowed Gruber’s seemingly endless damning comments. One formulation that stuck out to me was his assertion that Gruber “was never on our staff.” This is exceedingly weak spin. The video above contains evidence that the president was personally huddling with Gruber on the Obamacare sales pitch, charging him with fashioning accounting tricks that might provide a politically-necessary fig leaf — which Paul Ryan dismantled at the pre-passage “health care summit.” It’s impossible for the White House to just divorce itself from this guy. He was very much their guy. Not only did they furnish Gruber with $400,000 for his services, they made him a leading point person for “drafting the specifics” of the law with Congress. Via the New York Times:

Along with these credentials, Mr. Gruber’s position as an adviser to the influential Congressional Budget Office also left him perfectly positioned to advise the White House on health reform. “The most important arbiter of everything was the C.B.O.,” said Neera Tanden, who was a senior adviser for health reform at the Department of Health and Human Services. The C.B.O.’s assessment of a bill’s efficacy and costs strongly influences political debate, but the office does not publicly reveal how it calculates those numbers. “We knew the numbers he gave us would be close to where the C.B.O. was likely to come out,” Ms. Tanden said. She was right. After Mr. Gruber helped the administration put together the basic principles of the proposal, the White House lent him to Capitol Hill to help Congressional staff members draft the specifics of the legislation.

That 2012 profile also quotes Gruber cheerfully describing himself as a “card-carrying Democrat” who routinely holds election night “victory parties” with friends. (How did this year’s celebration go, I wonder?) Obama can try to pull a Pelosi with Gruber. Good luck with that. Alternatively, he can keep lying about not having lied, but only the hardest-core of partisans will believe him. Even Obamacare supporters like Ron Fournier are throwing in the towel, conceding that the law was constructed on a “foundation of lies.” Indeed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
How ironic.  This dude is so smart he couldn't keep his mouth shut.  Had he done so, he would have continued to make bank off the "stupid" American voters.

Gruber's contract with Vermont ends after missteps on ObamaCare pile up
Published November 20, 2014
FoxNews.com

WASHINGTON –  Following an embarrassing string of missteps, Vermont has stopped paying controversial economist Jonathan Gruber for his work on the Affordable Care Act.

A spokesman for Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin said Wednesday that the state would no longer pay the ObamaCare architect.

“As the Governor and I have said, the comments by Mr. Gruber are offensive, inappropriate and do not reflect the thinking of this administration or how we do things in Vermont,” Lawrence Miller, said Wednesday in a statement. “As we have also said, we need solid economic modeling in order to move forward with health care reform.”

Miller continued that he told Gruber, “that I expect his team to complete the work that we need to provide the legislature and Vermonters with a public health care financing plan. I’ve informed Mr. McGruber that we will not be paying him any further for his part in completing that work.”

Gruber’s original contract with the state was worth more than $400,000. He’s already been paid $160,000.

The news about Gruber was made public at an informational session for Vermont’s legislators.

Last week, the state’s Senate Minority Leader, Joe Benning, called on Shumlin to terminate Gruber’s contract following the release of videos showing the MIT professor intentionally deceived the public in drafting the Affordable Care Act.

“I join with my Senate colleague, Sen. Kevin Mullin, in urging the governor to terminate his contract,” Benning, R-Caledonia, told Vermont Watchdog. “If the powers that be attempted to trick them like that, then those people should be immediately removed from positions of authority, be they elected officials or hired contractors.”

Benning is the second member of the Vermont Senate to call for Gruber’s termination. Last week, Mullin, R-Rutland, a member of the Health Care Oversight Committee, told Vermont Watchdog the governor should “terminate his contract immediately.”

Over the weekend, Lawrence Miller, chief of health care reform for the Shumlin administration, announced Gruber would continue to serve as financing consultant for single-payer health care.

According to the contract obtained from the Agency of Administration, Vermont was paying Gruber $400,000 for “policy expertise, research, and economic modeling related to the implementation of Green Mountain Care.” Gruber’s work will be presented to the Legislature on Jan. 15.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/20/gruber-contract-with-vermont-ends-after-missteps-on-obamacare-pile-up/