Author Topic: Benoit - still a stigma?  (Read 2216 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Benoit - still a stigma?
« on: November 12, 2014, 03:22:11 PM »
Reading an article on former WCW stars, it states about Dean Malenko:

After finally quitting WCW in 2000, Malenko, along with Saturn and Eddie Guerrero, were quickly picked up by the WWE. After a short run with the company, Malenko officially retired in the summer of 2001. Quickly after his retirement, Malenko was offered a job he could not refuse, working as a producer/road agent, which entitled him to help younger superstars to emerge and grow. Malenko’s job is key in order to grow young, new talent for the company, and Dean felt like it was his duty to give back to something he loved so much. His job does that exactly

http://www.therichest.com/sports/wrestling/15-former-wcw-stars-where-are-they-now-stories/4/

No mention of him. Im not dragging up what happened again or offering my opinion of it, but to blatantly cut him out history?! Christ they teach EVERYONE about Hitler.......

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Benoit - still a stigma?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 03:51:29 PM »
Yeah, I see your point. However, this article wasn't written by WWE, so I can't blame them despite their ridiculous past attempts to "erase" Benoit from history/existence. This article seems to have been written by a third-party.

On an unrelated note, I was thoroughly pissed after applying to "The Dean Malenko Wrestling School" and finding out Dean had very, VERY little to do with the school, other than lending his name to it.

Killer Kowalski's school was the same by that time.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Benoit - still a stigma?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
Yeah it was 3rd party which is why i dont understand the refusal to acknowledge the man.

Name affiliation is a sure fire way to increase business & revenue, simply there for marketing purposes. That man could make you 1,000 better than you thought you ever could be if you had his time invested in you though.