Author Topic: Amnesty Coming to a Town Near You  (Read 65331 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Amnesty Coming to a Town Near You
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2014, 08:46:46 AM »
The networks dissed reagan too, on some speeches he wanted to give the nation after midterms.

::)  Still kneepadding are we? 

Obama is not Regan.   Regan screwed up signing ther Simpson Mazzoli bill and its regarded as a failure.  But this is not the same - this is tyranny and communism and lawleness

The funny part is how black leftists - the dumbest voting block in the country - support o-fag in this when its literally a knife in the back 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2014, 08:49:35 AM »
This is a huge fuck u to blacks
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »
::)  Still kneepadding are we? 

Dude, I can discipline my kid without being a child abuser.  I can say my Bucs blow on defense this year without being a buccs hater.  And I can say things that don't kneepad repubs, without being a dem kneepadder.

Geez, do you say this in real life?  Anytime a person says the weather is nice, suddenly he's an Al Gore kneepadder?  lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »
Four pages and only one lib posting in it. Straw, lurker, jag, blacken, etc avoiding this thread like the plague. We warned you assholes back in 08' about the bastard.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »
Four pages and only one lib posting in it. Straw, lurker, jag, blacken, etc avoiding this thread like the plague. We warned you assholes back in 08' about the bastard.

Libfags love Obama dominating over them. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »
Obama’s Amnesty Will Add As Many Foreign Workers As New Jobs Since 2009
Daily Caller ^  | November 20, 2014 | By Neil Munro

Posted on ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2014‎ ‎11‎:‎50‎:‎05‎ ‎AM by Jim Robinson

resident Barack Obama’s unilateral amnesty will quickly add as many foreign workers to the nation’s legal labor force as the total number of new jobs created by his economy since 2009.

The plans, expected to be announced late Nov. 20, will distribute five million work permits to illegal immigrants, and also create a new inflow of foreign college graduates for prestigious salaried jobs, according to press reports.

Obama has already provided or promised almost one million extra work permits to foreigners, while his economy has only added six million jobs since 2009.

Under the president’s new amnesty plan, “up to four million undocumented immigrants who have lived in the United States for at least five years can apply. … An additional one million people will get protection from deportation...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2014, 09:50:19 AM »
22 Times President Obama Said He Couldn’t Ignore or Create His Own Immigration Law
November 19, 2014
Matt Wolking

With the White House poised to grant executive amnesty any day now despite the American people’s staunch opposition, on Sunday President Obama was asked about the many, many statements he made in the past about his inability to unilaterally change or ignore immigration law. His response was astonishingly brazen: “Actually, my position hasn’t changed. When I was talking to the advocates, their interest was in me, through executive action, duplicating the legislation that was stalled in Congress.”

This is a flagrant untruth: “In fact, most of the questions that were posed to the president over the past several years were about the very thing that he is expected to announce within a matter of days,” reported The New York Times. “[T]he questions actually specifically addressed the sorts of actions that he is contemplating now,” The Washington Post’s Fact Checker agreed, awarding President Obama the rare “Upside-Down Pinocchio,” which signifies “a major-league flip-flop.” Even FactCheck.org piled on.

President Obama is once again trying to mislead Americans, but he can’t run from what he’s said over and over (and over) again. Not only are Americans not stupid – they can read:

“I take the Constitution very seriously. The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with [the president] trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America.” (3/31/08)

“We’ve got a government designed by the Founders so that there’d be checks and balances. You don’t want a president who’s too powerful or a Congress that’s too powerful or a court that’s too powerful. Everybody’s got their own role. Congress’s job is to pass legislation. The president can veto it or he can sign it. … I believe in the Constitution and I will obey the Constitution of the United States. We're not going to use signing statements as a way of doing an end-run around Congress.” (5/19/08)

“Comprehensive reform, that's how we're going to solve this problem. … Anybody who tells you it's going to be easy or that I can wave a magic wand and make it happen hasn't been paying attention to how this town works.” (5/5/10)

“[T]here are those in the immigrants’ rights community who have argued passionately that we should simply provide those who are [here] illegally with legal status, or at least ignore the laws on the books and put an end to deportation until we have better laws. ... I believe such an indiscriminate approach would be both unwise and unfair. It would suggest to those thinking about coming here illegally that there will be no repercussions for such a decision. And this could lead to a surge in more illegal immigration. And it would also ignore the millions of people around the world who are waiting in line to come here legally.

Ultimately, our nation, like all nations, has the right and obligation to control its borders and set laws for residency and citizenship.  And no matter how decent they are, no matter their reasons, the 11 million who broke these laws should be held accountable.” (7/1/10)

“I do have an obligation to make sure that I am following some of the rules. I can't simply ignore laws that are out there. I've got to work to make sure that they are changed.” (10/14/10)

“I am president, I am not king. I can't do these things just by myself. We have a system of government that requires the Congress to work with the Executive Branch to make it happen. I'm committed to making it happen, but I've got to have some partners to do it. … The main thing we have to do to stop deportations is to change the laws. … [T]he most important thing that we can do is to change the law because the way the system works – again, I just want to repeat, I'm president, I'm not king. If Congress has laws on the books that says that people who are here who are not documented have to be deported, then I can exercise some flexibility in terms of where we deploy our resources, to focus on people who are really causing problems as a opposed to families who are just trying to work and support themselves. But there's a limit to the discretion that I can show because I am obliged to execute the law. That's what the Executive Branch means. I can't just make the laws up by myself. So the most important thing that we can do is focus on changing the underlying laws.” (10/25/10)

“America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the President, am obligated to enforce the law. I don't have a choice about that. That's part of my job. But I can advocate for changes in the law so that we have a country that is both respectful of the law but also continues to be a great nation of immigrants. … With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed …. [W]e’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.” (3/28/11)

“I can't solve this problem by myself. … [W]e're going to have to have bipartisan support in order to make it happen. … I can't do it by myself. We're going to have to change the laws in Congress, but I'm confident we can make it happen.” (4/20/11)

“I know some here wish that I could just bypass Congress and change the law myself.  But that’s not how democracy works.  See, democracy is hard.  But it’s right. Changing our laws means doing the hard work of changing minds and changing votes, one by one.” (4/29/11)

“Sometimes when I talk to immigration advocates, they wish I could just bypass Congress and change the law myself. But that’s not how a democracy works. What we really need to do is to keep up the fight to pass genuine, comprehensive reform. That is the ultimate solution to this problem. That's what I’m committed to doing.” (5/10/11)

“I swore an oath to uphold the laws on the books …. Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own. Believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. I promise you. Not just on immigration reform. But that's not how our system works. That’s not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written.” (7/25/11)

“So what we’ve tried to do is within the constraints of the laws on the books, we’ve tried to be as fair, humane, just as we can, recognizing, though, that the laws themselves need to be changed. … The most important thing for your viewers and listeners and readers to understand is that in order to change our laws, we’ve got to get it through the House of Representatives, which is currently controlled by Republicans, and we’ve got to get 60 votes in the Senate. … Administratively, we can't ignore the law. … I just have to continue to say this notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true.  We are doing everything we can administratively.  But the fact of the matter is there are laws on the books that I have to enforce.  And I think there’s been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and getting comprehensive immigration passed by perpetrating the notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things.  It’s just not true. … We live in a democracy.  You have to pass bills through the legislature, and then I can sign it.  And if all the attention is focused away from the legislative process, then that is going to lead to a constant dead-end. We have to recognize how the system works, and then apply pressure to those places where votes can be gotten and, ultimately, we can get this thing solved.” (9/28/11)

In June 2012, President Obama unilaterally granted deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA), allowing “eligible individuals who do not present a risk to national security or public safety … to request temporary relief from deportation proceedings and apply for work authorization.” He then argued that he had already done everything he could legally do on his own:

“Now, what I’ve always said is, as the head of the executive branch, there’s a limit to what I can do. Part of the reason that deportations went up was Congress put a whole lot of money into it, and when you have a lot of resources and a lot more agents involved, then there are going to be higher numbers. What we’ve said is, let’s make sure that you’re not misdirecting those resources. But we’re still going to, ultimately, have to change the laws in order to avoid some of the heartbreaking stories that you see coming up occasionally. And that’s why this continues to be a top priority of mine. … And we will continue to make sure that how we enforce is done as fairly and justly as possible. But until we have a law in place that provides a pathway for legalization and/or citizenship for the folks in question, we’re going to continue to be bound by the law. … And so part of the challenge as President is constantly saying, ‘what authorities do I have?’” (9/20/12)

“We are a nation of immigrants. … But we're also a nation of laws. So what I've said is, we need to fix a broken immigration system. And I've done everything that I can on my own[.]” (10/16/12)

“I'm not a king. I am the head of the executive branch of government. I'm required to follow the law. And that's what we've done. But what I've also said is, let's make sure that we're applying the law in a way that takes into account people's humanity. That's the reason that we moved forward on deferred action. Within the confines of the law we said, we have some discretion in terms of how we apply this law.” (1/30/13)

“I’m not a king. You know, my job as the head of the executive branch ultimately is to carry out the law.  And, you know, when it comes to enforcement of our immigration laws, we’ve got some discretion. We can prioritize what we do. But we can’t simply ignore the law. When it comes to the dreamers, we were able to identify that group and say, ‘These folks are generally not a risk. They’re not involved in crime. … And so let’s prioritize our enforcement resources.’ But to sort through all the possible cases of everybody who might have a sympathetic story to tell is very difficult to do. This is why we need comprehensive immigration reform. To make sure that once and for all, in a way that is, you know, ratified by Congress, we can say that there is a pathway to citizenship for people who are staying out of trouble, who are trying to do the right thing, who’ve put down roots here. … My job is to carry out the law. And so Congress gives us a whole bunch of resources. They give us an order that we’ve got to go out there and enforce the laws that are on the books.  … If this was an issue that I could do unilaterally I would have done it a long time ago. … The way our system works is Congress has to pass legislation. I then get an opportunity to sign it and implement it.” (1/30/13)

“This is something I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency. The problem is that I’m the president of the United States, I’m not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed. And Congress right now has not changed what I consider to be a broken immigration system. And what that means is that we have certain obligations to enforce the laws that are in place even if we think that in many cases the results may be tragic.” (2/14/13)
“I think that it is very important for us to recognize that the way to solve this problem has to be legislative. I can do some things and have done some things that make a difference in the lives of people by determining how our enforcement should focus. … And we’ve been able to provide help through deferred action for young people …. But this is a problem that needs to be fixed legislatively.” (7/16/13)

“My job in the executive branch is supposed to be to carry out the laws that are passed. Congress has said ‘here is the law’ when it comes to those who are undocumented, and they've allocated a whole bunch of money for enforcement. And, what I have been able to do is to make a legal argument that I think is absolutely right, which is that given the resources that we have, we can't do everything that Congress has asked us to do. What we can do is then carve out the DREAM Act folks, saying young people who have basically grown up here are Americans that we should welcome. … But if we start broadening that, then essentially I would be ignoring the law in a way that I think would be very difficult to defend legally. So that's not an option. … What I've said is there is a there's a path to get this done, and that's through Congress.” (9/17/13)

f, in fact, I could solve all these problems without passing laws in Congress, then I would do so. But we’re also a nation of laws. That’s part of our tradition. And so the easy way out is to try to yell and pretend like I can do something by violating our laws. And what I’m proposing is the harder path, which is to use our democratic processes to achieve the same goal that you want to achieve. … It is not simply a matter of us just saying we’re going to violate the law. That’s not our tradition. The great thing about this country is we have this wonderful process of democracy, and sometimes it is messy, and sometimes it is hard, but ultimately, justice and truth win out.” (11/25/13)

“I am the Champion-in-Chief of comprehensive immigration reform. But what I’ve said in the past remains true, which is until Congress passes a new law, then I am constrained in terms of what I am able to do. What I’ve done is to use my prosecutorial discretion, because you can’t enforce the laws across the board for 11 or 12 million people, there aren’t the resources there.  What we’ve said is focus on folks who are engaged in criminal activity, focus on people who are engaged in gang activity. Do not focus on young people, who we’re calling DREAMers …. That already stretched my administrative capacity very far. But I was confident that that was the right thing to do. But at a certain point the reason that these deportations are taking place is, Congress said, ‘you have to enforce these laws.’ They fund the hiring of officials at the department that’s charged with enforcing.  And I cannot ignore those laws any more than I could ignore, you know, any of the other laws that are on the books. That’s why it’s so important for us to get comprehensive immigration reform done this year.” (3/6/14)
“I think that I never have a green light [to push the limits of executive power].  I’m bound by the Constitution; I’m bound by separation of powers.  There are some things we can’t do. Congress has the power of the purse, for example. … Congress has to pass a budget and authorize spending. So I don’t have a green light. … My preference in all these instances is to work with Congress, because not only can Congress do more, but it’s going to be longer-lasting.” (8/6/14)
President Obama should listen to President Obama, drop his plan to “expand the authority of the executive branch into murky, uncharted territory,” and work with Congress rather than insisting on his stubborn, “my way or the highway” approach.

http://www.speaker.gov/general/22-times-president-obama-said-he-couldn-t-ignore-or-create-his-own-immigration-law#sthash.8HvrDgIZ.dpuf

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
 >:(

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2014, 10:30:11 AM »

Yea, where is all the die hard liberals?

Maybe they'll come out next week and agree with amnesty

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2014, 10:31:21 AM »
All of this is an example of cynical politics at its worst. All of this is for more votes.  Obama doesn't care about Hispanics.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2014, 12:03:19 PM »
 >:(

Obama’s Amnesty Will Add As Many Foreign Workers As New Jobs Since 2009
11/20/2014

President Barack Obama’s unilateral amnesty will quickly add as many foreign workers to the nation’s legal labor force as the total number of new jobs created by his economy since 2009.

The plans, expected to be announced late Nov. 20, will distribute five million work permits to illegal immigrants, and also create a new inflow of foreign college graduates for prestigious salaried jobs, according to press reports.

Obama has already provided or promised almost one million extra work permits to foreigners, while his economy has only added six million jobs since 2009.

Under the president’s new amnesty plan, “up to four million undocumented immigrants who have lived in the United States for at least five years can apply. … An additional one million people will get protection from deportation through other parts of the president’s plan,” according to a Nov. 19 report in The New York Times.

The five million total was attributed to “people briefed on his plans,” the Times reports.

The five million work permits will add to Obama’s prior giveaways, which have provided work permits to almost one million foreigners.

Since 2009, the U.S. economy has added only six million jobs, according to the International Monetary Fund.

The total number of jobs rose from 139,894,000 in 2009, to 145,871,000 in 2014, according to the IMF. That’s an increase of 5,977,000 jobs in five years.

Obama’s administration claims it has helped create 10 million jobs. If so, he is giving out one work permit for every two jobs created since his inauguration.

Not all the five million illegal immigrants who get permits will work, and many are already working under fake names or for cash. However, their new work permits will allow them to compete for jobs now held or sought by blue-collar Americans, including the many African-Americans and Latinos who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012.

Polls show that the public is hostile to the amnesty plan and want Obama to work with Congress on immigration.

Currently, less than one percent of the nation’s population of 12 million illegal immigrants are repatriated each year. Obama’s policy will likely shrink the repatriations, while providing millions with work permits.

Obama’s total of six million extra work permits does not include the normal inflow of legal immigrants.

Each year, the nation accepts one million new immigrants, or roughly five million since 2009. That total includes roughly 3.5 million working-age immigrants, which is slightly less than the number of Americans — 4.3 million — who turn 18 each year.

Also, companies annually hire roughly 450,000 blue-collar guest workers and roughly 200,000 white-collar guest workers. Most of these guest workers stay for less than a year, but many stay for six years.

That current population of roughly 600,000 foreign graduates is expected to increase, if, as reported, Obama’s plan allows American universities to offer green cards to foreign tuition-paying students who will then compete for  the well-paying jobs or the prestigious jobs sought by the offspring of the nation’s influential upper middle class.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/20/obamas-amnesty-will-add-as-many-foreign-workers-as-new-jobs-since-2009/

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2014, 12:04:44 PM »
And guess who all this competition is going to effect?  It won't be you or I.   
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2014, 03:50:05 PM »
This is a great idea. Legalize 5mil illegals then take screw with our gun rights. Looks like I'll be stocking up on the fire arms.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2014, 06:36:44 PM »
'We're Not Going To Deport You': Obama Announces Amnesty For Millions Of 'Anchor Baby' Parents….
Daily Mirror (UK) ^ | November 20, 2014 | DAVID MARTOSKO
Posted on November 20, 2014 9:14:04 PM EST by Steelfish

'We're Not Going To Deport You': Obama Announces Amnesty For Millions Of 'Anchor Baby' Parents And Illegal Immigrant Children – as long as they've been in US for five years Obama addressed the nation to outline a new executive order that will allow millions of illegal immigrants to remain in the country

President acknowledges that it's a temporary fix and demands help from Congress to make it permanent Anyone who takes advantage of the program will have to pass criminal and national security background checks, pay their taxes, pay a fee and prove their eligibility Two Republican aides complained about an 'amnesty' for people who came to the US illegally and then had children here – calling their children 'anchor babies' By DAVID MARTOSKO 20 November 2014

President Obama announced a plan Thursday night to mainstream millions of illegal immigrants with an executive order allowing them to stay instead of facing deportation, bringing howls from Republicans who complained about so-called 'anchor babies' helping their illegal parents remain in the U.S. The president calmly explained in a 15-minute speech – subtitled in Spanish – the parameters of what angry Republicans are calling a lawless 'amnesty.'

'We’re going to offer the following deal,' he said: 'If you’ve been in America for more than five years; if you have children who are American citizens or legal residents; if you register, pass a criminal background check, and you’re willing to pay your fair share of taxes – you’ll be able to apply to stay in this country temporarily, without fear of deportation.' 'You can come out of the shadows and get right with the law.'

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Obama's immigration action divides Minn. delegation
mprnews.org ^ | November 20, 2014 | Brett Neely
Posted on November 20, 2014 9:34:38 PM EST by Tailgunner Joe

President Barack Obama will address the nation tonight to announce an executive action that could allow 5 million unauthorized immigrants to remain in the United States without fear of deportation.

In doing so, he will set in motion a bruising Congressional battle that has been two years in the making, one that will draw Minnesota's delegation into the fray.

Although the Senate passed a bipartisan immigration overhaul in the spring of 2013, one that Democratic U.S. Sen. Al Franken helped craft in the Judiciary Committee, immigration hardliners in the House blocked all efforts to pass a bill. Efforts by departing Republican U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota' 6th District and others led to many of the Senate bill's Republican supporters to reverse themselves.

In light of the president's action, Bachmann and her allies want to use a must-pass government spending bill to defund the immigration initiative — a fight that could result in a government shutdown.

"This is about altering, fundamentally, the social contract between our government and the American people," said Bachmann, who, like other Republicans, considers the president's action unlawful.

With memories of last year's shutdown in mind, Republican U.S. Rep. John Kline and other House GOP leaders are warning against such a move. It would create the kind of ill will that would make progress on other fronts difficult, he said.

"But I also think it's important that we clear the table of as many things as we can here in the lame duck and that would include providing funding for the government through the end of September," said Kline, who represents Minnesota's 2nd District.

Kline, who chairs the Education Committee, wants to work with the administration to rewrite the 2002 No Child Left Behind law next year.

But he has warned U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan that if the administration acts on its own on immigration all bets are off.

"I think it makes it tougher for us to work on other issues," Kline said.

Some Democrats, including U.S. Rep. Tim Walz of Minnesota's 1st District, say Republicans aren't being sincere about cooperation given their track record.

"The well was poisoned by not bringing it forward when we waited 18 months after the Senate passed a bipartisan bill," Walz said.

Many in his party are happy about President Obama's move, among them U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota's 5th District.

"It's going to unite families," Ellison said of he executive action. "It's responsive government and maybe it would prompt the Congress to actually put something on the floor that we can vote on."

Walz, however, would rather the president give Congress one more chance to act on immigration rather than provoke Republicans with executive actions.

"Give us just a bit of time here, see if there is going to be anything," Walz said. "And I know people who are ... saying they're not going to do anything. Well, we've waited 18 months, we could wait a couple weeks more, see if we get it and then move forward."

But neither Walz's nor Kline's factions of their respective parties appears likely to prevail. With the president poised to issue an executive action, Bachmann is using her final weeks in office to rally the conservative grassroots with some pretty strong claims about the president's intentions.

"He's looking at new voters for 2016," Bachmann said. "Even though the president says they won't be able to vote, we all know that many in all likelihood will actually be able to vote."

There's no evidence that's true. The action does not include a path to citizenship for unauthorized immigrants.

Bachmann also thinks U.S. taxpayers will be burdened with the "social costs" of "unskilled, illiterate foreign nationals coming into the United States who can't speak the English language."

She later insisted that she was not using a pejorative term, but merely repeating what U.S. Hispanics who live near the U.S.-Mexico border told her.

One bipartisan point of agreement is that Obama's actions are big and dramatic.

Ellison said presidents often have been compelled to take action on behalf of the powerless by a divided Congress. The executive action, Ellison said, will make a big difference for the people affected.

"It was President Truman who issued an executive order to end discrimination in the U.S. military," he said. "The Emancipation Proclamation is an executive order. Presidents have taken bold steps in the past when Congress wouldn't act."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »
Absolutely outrageous.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2014, 06:50:16 PM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Amnesty For Illegals Is Importing Poverty Into The U.S.
investors.com ^ | November 20, 2014
Posted on November 20, 2014 9:39:18 PM EST by Tailgunner Joe

Rep. Michele Bachmann warned that the immigrants about to be amnestied have high illiteracy rates and may vote. The left howled, but the reality is she understated it. The hard data tell the story.

Commenting on President Obama's amnesty of 5 million illegals, the Minnesota Republican told reporters at the Capitol, "The social cost will be profound on the U.S. taxpayer — millions of unskilled, illiterate, foreign nationals coming to the United States who can't speak the English language."

She added that many will vote illegally, too.

An outraged, politically correct reporter from the Washington Post then asked Bachmann just what she meant by "illiterate," according to a report in Politico.

Bachmann cited the firsthand information she had gathered from U.S. citizens on the front lines of the immigration surge and those inside Latin American countries she's visited, in what was a heck of a lot more homework than the reporters would ever do.

She was on hard factual ground: According to the CIA World Factbook, illiteracy in Guatemala, a top supplier of illegals, stands at 24.1%. In El Salvador it's 15.5%, in Honduras it's 14.9% and in Mexico 6.5%.

As a corollary indicator, note that these countries' governments spend very little on their nationals' education as a percent of their GDP. In Guatemala it's 3%, El Salvador 3.4%, and Mexico 5.1%.

Don't imagine those are the only ills that plague these amnesty beneficiary nations.

Latin America is also tops globally in teen pregnancy, with some 30% of teenagers age 15 to 19 pregnant, the majority "underprivileged" and without husbands, "which fosters the reproduction of poverty," according to a study by the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) released just last week.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »
Nancy Pelosi: ´The Emancipation Proclamation Was an Executive Order´
Caroline May ^ | 11/20/14 | Caroline May
Posted on November 20, 2014 8:40:13 PM EST by Nachum

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi argues President Barack Obama has ample authority to take executive actions as many presidents before him have done, including President Abraham Lincoln. “Does the public know the Emancipation Proclamation was an executive order?” Pelosi asked reporters Thursday. “People have to understand how presidents have made change in our country, Congress catching up, and in the case of Ronald Reagan, improving what Congress has done.” Obama is poised to announce his long-anticipated executive actions on immigration Thursday night. Reports indicate he will move to grant legal status to about five million illegal immigrants.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2014, 07:08:28 PM »
Amnesty For Illegals Is Importing Poverty Into The U.S.

He's also importing people that will vote Dem.  

Repubs were willing to pass on impeachment because "we'll do better politically in midterms".

Um, Obola just invented almost 5 million Democrat voters.    Short term win, but long-term, these illiterate illegals aren't going to come here and just stop reproducing babies that will vote dem.   Given legal status, they can now get welfare.  Suddenly 4 kids grows to 9 kids.   All future dem voters, too.

Repubs just invented millions of dem voters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2014, 07:32:49 PM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Obama huddles with civil rights leaders
thehill.com ^ | November 20, 2014 | Justin Sink
Posted on November 20, 2014 9:48:35 PM EST by Tailgunner Joe

President Obama met with more than a dozen prominent civil and immigration rights activists Thursday ahead of his speech debuting a series of new steps that will extend deportation relief and work permits to as many as 5 million illegal immigrants.

Attendees at the meeting included AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka, NAACP president Cornell Brooks and Al Sharpton. The MSNBC host has come under fire in recent days after The New York Times reported he and his companies were at one point subject to $4.5 million in state and federal tax liens.

Also in attendance was Janet Murguía, the head of the National Council of La Raza. Murguía made waves earlier this year when she blasted Obama as the “deported in chief” during a speech at her organization’s annual convention, ratcheting up pressure on the president to act.

She struck a different tone Thursday during an appearance on MSNBC following the address.

“I thought it was very compelling, very powerful and very reaffirming,” Murguía said. “For us, this moment is a milestone moment I think for so many. It’s a victory for so many American families who have lived in the shadows with the burden of what that means in this country.”

The meeting also comes as a Missouri grand jury appears poised to reach a decision as early as Friday on whether a white police officer will face criminal charges in the shooting death of an unarmed black Ferguson teenager. Lawmakers and activists have warned that violence could follow the announcement, and Sharpton told the Times that he and Obama had discussed the possibility of unrest earlier this month.

The White House, for its part, said the meeting was to discuss the immigration actions Obama unveiled Thursday night.

“The president thanked the leaders for their dedication to immigration reform and looks forward to working together in the future to fully implement his actions as well as passing commonsense immigration reform,” a White House official said. “The leaders praised the president’s bold and decisive executive actions that will uphold our values as a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants.”

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2014, 10:45:42 AM »
King Obama has spoken.  We are so screwed. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »
FACT CHECK: Obama's claims on illegal immigration
Associated Press By ALICIA A. CALDWELL and ERICA WERNER

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama made some notable omissions in his remarks about the unilateral actions he's taking on immigration.

A look at his statements Thursday and how they compare with the facts:

OBAMA: "It does not grant citizenship, or the right to stay here permanently, or offer the same benefits that citizens receive. Only Congress can do that. All we're saying is we're not going to deport you."

THE FACTS: He's saying, and doing, more than that. The changes also will make those covered eligible for work permits, allowing them to be employed in the country legally and compete with citizens and legal residents for better-paying jobs.

___

OBAMA: "Although this summer, there was a brief spike in unaccompanied children being apprehended at our border, the number of such children is now actually lower than it's been in nearly two years."

View galleryA group of Hispanic people watch a television broadcast …
A group of Hispanic people watch a television broadcast of President Barack Obama's speech on im …
THE FACTS: The numbers certainly surged this year, but it was more than a "brief spike." The number of unaccompanied children apprehended at the border has been on the rise since the 2011 budget year. That year about 16,000 children were found crossing the border alone. In 2012, the Border Patrol reported more than 24,000 children, followed by more than 38,800 in 2013. In the past budget year, more than 68,361 children were apprehended.

___

OBAMA: "Overall, the number of people trying to cross our border illegally is at its lowest level since the 1970s. Those are the facts."

THE FACTS: Indeed, in the 2014 budget year ending Sept. 30 the Border Patrol made 486,651 arrests of border crossers, among the fewest since the early 1970s. But border arrests have been on the rise since 2011.

The decline in crossings is not purely, or perhaps even primarily, due to the Obama administration. The deep economic recession early in his presidency and the shaky aftermath made the U.S. a less attractive place to come for work. The increase in arrests since 2011 also can be traced in part to the economy — as the recovery improved, more people came in search of opportunity.

___

OBAMA: "When I took office, I committed to fixing this broken immigration system. And I began by doing what I could to secure our borders."

THE FACTS: He overlooked the fact that he promised as a candidate for president in 2008 to have an immigration bill during his first year in office and move forward on it quickly. He never kept that promise to the Latino community.

___

Associated Press writers Calvin Woodward and Jim Kuhnhenn contributed to this report.

EDITOR'S NOTE _ An occasional look at political claims that take shortcuts with the facts or don't tell the full story

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-obamas-claims-illegal-immigration-081111776.html

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2014, 08:04:37 PM »
Many Amnestied Immigrants Could End Up Receiving Government Checks
Breitbart's Big Government ^ | November 21, 2014 | Caroline May
Posted on November 21, 2014 8:34:46 PM EST by 2ndDivisionVet

President Barack Obama and his surrogates argue that the president’s executive actions will hold illegal immigrants accountable and force them to pay their “fair share of taxes.” However there is a big question as to whether these illegal immigrants will be a net gain or loss to the Treasury.

Thursday night, President Obama announced a series of executive actions on immigration, including providing legal status to nearly five million illegal immigrants.

While part of Obama’s argument for legalizing millions of immigration law breakers is that they will now have to pay taxes, Fox Business’ Stuart Varney, Avik Roy at Forbes, and others point out that in fact many will actually be receiving money from the government because their income is so low.

“The president says you can stay and work if you pay taxes. Here’s the problem: Many of the people who are now allowed to stay do not earn enough to pay federal or state income taxes,” Varney said Friday on Fox News. “In fact they earn so little that they may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit. That’s a check from the taxpayer to them in January because they earn so little.”(continued)

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...