Author Topic: My honest review of pj brauns new intra powder (review posted)  (Read 8676 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
My honest review of pj brauns new intra powder (review posted)
« on: November 15, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »
So I ended up getting to try pj brauns new intra workout powder
I luckily did not have to buy it myself ..a friend got it for me as a gift.

I will post my review on it on Monday on here but from what I can tell you is that my friend was annoyed that the shipping took forever. Not a good start.
w

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: My honest review of pj brauns new intra powder
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 12:42:16 PM »
Let us know if you died for us bitches.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 12:47:54 PM »
Why would anyone pay $35 for this shit (or any other "supplement")?

Blackstone "Angel Dust" ::)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 01:22:01 PM »

"Proprietary blend" oh brother. Cheesy as fuck

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 02:05:05 AM »

That's not their Intra formula. The Intra formula is endorsed by John Meadows, which, in my opinion, shoots Blackstone Labs to the top of this list regarding quality of supplements. John doesn't just endorse anybody. So Blackstone ( again, in MY opinion ) gets two thumbs up from me. And am very excited to try it when I receive the product.

B R

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »
Fart powder of peace.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 02:22:14 AM »

That's not their Intra formula. The Intra formula is endorsed by John Meadows, which, in my opinion, shoots Blackstone Labs to the top of this list regarding quality of supplements. John doesn't just endorse anybody. So Blackstone ( again, in MY opinion ) gets two thumbs up from me. And am very excited to try it when I receive the product.
Unfortunately he endorsed the Biotest range though :-\

I'm a huge fan of his training methods but am very stand offish with regards to him endorsing supplements because of his former
association with the above.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 02:58:17 AM »
Unfortunately he endorsed the Biotest range though :-\

I'm a huge fan of his training methods but am very stand offish with regards to him endorsing supplements because of his former
association with the above.

Well, my friend, I like Biotest. Use to use them a lot back in the day. And Biotest and T-Nation kinda go hand in hand together. Can't really blame John for endorsing them, to be honest. Would kinda be silly for him not to. Just sayin. :/

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:53 AM »

Well, my friend, I like Biotest. Use to use them a lot back in the day. And Biotest and T-Nation kinda go hand in hand together. Can't really blame John for endorsing them, to be honest. Would kinda be silly for him not to. Just sayin. :/
I think when TC and Tim started Biotest it was a solid company with solid products - when TC wrote for
MM2K he was honest but now he has become everything he despised in the supplement industry.

T - Nation has some interesting and great writing on it, from training to good shit like this  ;D

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_investigative/the_thailand_trilogy_part_i

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 03:46:51 AM »

My opinion is that an Intra powder made with whey isolate and cheap sugar would provide indistinguishable results from these expensive amino/peptide carb formulas. There was supposed to be some magic provided by casein hydrosylate in the Biotest product or Peptopro. But now EAAs are just as good apparently... providing soreness free training sessions lol. The EAA instead of the hydro was most likely due to cost - profit margins too low.

If you read promuscle for example there's always some new magic supplement that is all forgotten later on. Who is using the ALRI magic aminos still?

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 03:59:00 AM »
My opinion is that an Intra powder made with whey isolate and cheap sugar would provide indistinguishable results from these expensive amino/peptide carb formulas. There was supposed to be some magic provided by casein hydrosylate in the Biotest product or Peptopro. But now EAAs are just as good apparently... providing soreness free training sessions lol. The EAA instead of the hydro was most likely due to cost - profit margins too low.

If you read promuscle for example there's always some new magic supplement that is all forgotten later on. Who is using the ALRI magic aminos still?

The aminos were designed for humans, most aminos are designed for non-humans.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 04:00:41 AM »
I think when TC and Tim started Biotest it was a solid company with solid products - when TC wrote for
MM2K he was honest but now he has become everything he despised in the supplement industry.

T - Nation has some interesting and great writing on it, from training to good shit like this  ;D

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_investigative/the_thailand_trilogy_part_i

Good post. Agreed.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 04:02:35 AM »

That's a very good point. PM seems to always be promoting something. Except good posts. Lol. In my opinion, anyways. :D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 05:18:03 AM »

I will post my review on it on Monday on here but from what I can tell you is that my friend was annoyed that the shipping took forever. Not a good start.

shut up you simpleton.
b

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 02:45:47 PM »

shut up you simpleton.
you shut up gearbox
w

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:20 PM »
Prop Blends huh? its probably like 3g of creatine mono and 4.4g of taurine, and 100mg total of the rest
I

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:14 PM »
Pissening

It sick

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 09:33:42 PM »
Just buy Peptopro and highly branched cyclic dextrin for intraworkout shake.  Throw 5-10g of creatine in there as well.  The one and most important thing that needs to be used to make it work though....Preworkout insulin, preferably Humalog.  Don't bother with it unless you're gonna use slin preworkout.  With preworkout slin and GH the results are phenomenal.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »
Just buy Peptopro and highly branched cyclic dextrin for intraworkout shake.  Throw 5-10g of creatine in there as well.  The one and most important thing that needs to be used to make it work though....Preworkout insulin, preferably Humalog.  Don't bother with it unless you're gonna use slin preworkout.  With preworkout slin and GH the results are phenomenal.

Although I'm a big fan of PJ, john meadows, and BSL/Prime, I have to say this post absolute hits the nail on the head.

Nothing more needs said.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »

Green Tea "Extrac". "Caffiene". Jesus, they released the product with those errors on the label?
O

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 10:59:59 PM »

why is pepto pro needed if slin is taken? Everything goes to the muscle anyway. I really like to use gatorade, 20 grams bcaa, 5ish creatine and glutamine (newly added). This works big time and do you think (asking seriously, not being a smart ass( if I replaced what I use with pepto pro, I would see a real life change/difference?) I tried that special super carb that costs more than actual protein powder and saw no difference and it tasted real bad (gaspari carb powder, glycofuse I think...) so the missing ingredient must be the protein source in pepto pro to super charge it? If it's just that, to answer my own question, I'd say no.

?

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 01:00:44 AM »
peptopro + maltodextrin would be much cheaper and as effective than the meadow formula

peptopro tastes horrible tho

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 01:04:03 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 03:08:24 AM »
Gene it's past Monday.  Have you had a reaction?  Are you ok?

insider

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 04:57:20 AM »

You are correct, the EAA's were put there for cost cutting and on top of that they are missing some of the EAA's like histidine which happens to be the most expensive one. They are cutting corners in order to make more profit.
I know, you don't