Author Topic: Why are people so obsessed with natty/fake natty?  (Read 2356 times)

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Why are people so obsessed with natty/fake natty?
« on: November 17, 2014, 04:38:29 AM »
Well? ???

Just recently discovered the world of youtube bodybuilding. Half the clips seems to be about if someone is juicing or if someone is "fake natty". Wtf is wrong with these people? Why does it matter to them?
It seems most of those youtube profiles and youtube commentators have an unhealthy obsession with finding out if whether someone is juicing, not juicing or juicing and lying about it. Who cares really?

Is it jealousy? Lack of other things to do (work, education, other hobbies)? Mental illness?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why are people so obsessed with natty/fake natty?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:45:27 AM »
Because bodybuilding is a niche surrounded by lies.

1- If I say "hey I eat a lot Burger king, Pizzas,ice cream etc and look how lean I am " Is a lie but is what most people envy

2- If I say hey I only train arms once every 2 weeks and look how huge the are " Another lie that gets a lot od admirers

3- If I say I'm a natural bodybuilder even if I look Like "Philsulin "  people think I'm a natural genetic freak  etc ...

WoooSSSSHHHHHHH  Lie Lie

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 05:53:24 AM »
Basically because people are disgusted with lack or morality, dignity and integrity in this world and there is no lower form of "athlete" thatn one who lies about what he/she is taking in order to perform/look a certain way.....

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 06:01:58 AM »
Every third topic..

Steroids are for 1 illegal

People want to come off as tho they aren't trying hard or that things are effortless

There's a dark cloud over taking anything to enhance your physique

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 06:08:08 AM »
i dont know why. but then i dont understand all threads about silikon tits, women, WYHI, are my biceps  big enough to get girls etc etc either

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 06:38:05 AM »
Bro, these are important questions(natty or not). Some scientists contemplate the origins of the universe, some create medicines for illnesses, and others invent space technology.

We bodybuilders, contemplate if someone is natty or not. There is perhaps no greater question out there.
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 07:57:39 AM »
Because bodybuilding is a niche surrounded by lies.

1- If I say "hey I eat a lot Burger king, Pizzas,ice cream etc and look how lean I am " Is a lie but is what most people envy

2- If I say hey I only train arms once every 2 weeks and look how huge the are " Another lie that gets a lot od admirers

3- If I say I'm a natural bodybuilder even if I look Like "Philsulin "  people think I'm a natural genetic freak  etc ...

WoooSSSSHHHHHHH  Lie Lie

Good reply.

I'd like to add that steroids have been a common, accepted part of hardcore bodybuilding for the past 50 years.
1. Steroids, HGH, etc work and make a major difference in size and strength.

2. Nobody juiced wants to admit a natty could be better due to genetics and hard work.
How bad must they suck if they take a bunch of drugs and still look worse then a guy who doesn't.

3. Since 1990, most steroid use is a felony offense , so only a fool would openly admit it in public.
This drives the topic underground, where unverified rumors and gossip rule.

4. Genetic talent = top pro, not drugs. For every top pro, there are a thousand other gym rats taking the same (  or more) drugs.
Again, nobody wants to admit, they don't have what it takes to be a really good bodybuilder. It's a lot easier to be delusional and believe the right potion (and guru) will lead you to  Olympia glory.

5. Drug gurus, dealers and those who started juicing early can't imagine bodybuilding without drugs.
The idea that a decent physique could be built naturally seems absurd to them.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
I think a lot of it stems from insecurity and jealousy.  If this guy is better built than me, he MUST be cheating.

Guys like Bostin and Piana are fixated on it because it gets youtube views.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
Basically because people are disgusted with lack or morality, dignity and integrity in this world and there is no lower form of "athlete" thatn one who lies about what he/she is taking in order to perform/look a certain way.....

Yes...And most of 'em lie about it because they're ashamed.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »
fake naturals should be shot

the natural's only shot for glory in this life is to say they're natural and everyone can sympathize with them being twink-ish and they can be proud about that at least

but the grey zone juicers just ruins it for the hard workers and make them look bad

that's why they're under hard scrutiny

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »

Strong username to post content correlation

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 07:29:49 PM »
Fake nattys are criminals!
If they endorse products that claim results like the Athlete so people are buying it, then it becomes fraud in my book. Mostly young people will spend there hard earned money on snake oil. Thats not right

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »
Good reply.

I'd like to add that steroids have been a common, accepted part of hardcore bodybuilding for the past 50 years.
1. Steroids, HGH, etc work and make a major difference in size and strength.

2. Nobody juiced wants to admit a natty could be better due to genetics and hard work.
How bad must they suck if they take a bunch of drugs and still look worse then a guy who doesn't.

3. Since 1990, most steroid use is a felony offense , so only a fool would openly admit it in public.
This drives the topic underground, where unverified rumors and gossip rule.

4. Genetic talent = top pro, not drugs. For every top pro, there are a thousand other gym rats taking the same (  or more) drugs.
Again, nobody wants to admit, they don't have what it takes to be a really good bodybuilder. It's a lot easier to be delusional and believe the right potion (and guru) will lead you to  Olympia glory.

5. Drug gurus, dealers and those who started juicing early can't imagine bodybuilding without drugs.
The idea that a decent physique could be built naturally seems absurd to them.

You should write for flex.... You spout the same wishy washy lies they like to spread... The biggest one comes down to genetics, genetic response to drugs=bodybuilding champion, nothing else matters and this is never something any of them like to admit

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »

I haven't read any of the answers so someone may have mentioned this already.
A lot of it comes down to money.
If a truly natural guy goes on the juice and gains 20 pounds of muscle
his subscribers will go up incredibly.
The fake natties have good reason to claim natural because it would hurt their
pocket book and the illusion that you too can gain 20 pounds of muscle in
6 months just like me.
The fake natty accusers are usually those that are truly natty and are miffed
that Mr. Fake Natty exploded with subscribers when he came on the youtube scene
with an incredible physique and is making much more money through the
youtube partnership.
If the fake nattys came out it would cost them money with lost subscribers and
viewership.