Author Topic: Went to Metroflex Gym today  (Read 5747 times)

bigtmoney

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Went to Metroflex Gym today
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:29:03 AM »
Went to Metroflex today to check out a powerlifting meet.  Brian Dobson was the mc, talked to him for a sec about joining the gym.  He's a really cool dude, he's also is a lot bigger than he looks in Ronnies videos.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
Re: Went to Metroflex Gym today
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 11:32:24 AM »

He looks bigger because you are small.

bigtmoney

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 11:33:03 AM »
I'm way bigger than you baby  ;D

bigtmoney

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 12:05:09 PM »
Someone wrote and asked me to give some details about the gym......

HARDCORE...I'll put it this way, they make it look like a freaking palace in Ronnies videos compared to it's everyday appearance.  Today was the second time I've been in there, I went in there about 3 monts ago after I saw one Cost of Redemption.  I didn't work out,  although they said I could try the place out.  I just wanted to know how much it cost per month etc.  The guy running the desk was really cool, it was about 10 oclock and the place was pretty packed.   He was spotting a a small guy squatting around 600 or so.  There is a lot of old school equipment,  rusty dumbells machines etc.  Oh yeah that squat rack with the shocks on it is cool as hell.

They have a ton of speakers hooked up and seriously BLAST the music.  No air conditioning or heat as best I can tell.  I live in North Dallas so it's about 45 minutes away from me, but I'm thinking of joining just to go over and do legs on the weekends.  Everyone that was in there both times was friendly, it's like Cheers or something when you walk in there.  People come up and pat and welcome you to the gym.  Talked to this old guy, he said he's been working out there for years.  He said he didn't care for the music, but keeps going there for the atmosphere.   

I'm thinking about joining just to go over on the weekends to work legs.  I figure the atmosphere alone will help me add a couple more 45's.  I advise anyone that comes to the Dallas/Ft Worth area to at least go in and check it out. 

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 12:08:52 PM »
it's always nice to be a member of a gym you actually like going to. 
[img]http://ima

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 12:40:20 PM »
The only downside I know of is the idea that there's no air conditioning in the middle of a Dallas summer, with insane temperatures.

I'm all for warmish temps for training, but it seems a little extreme; there are fans that would help slightly. Better would be just enough AC in the summer to keep it "only" 85.

bigtmoney

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:50:14 PM »
It's in a big warehouse/shop type building, so he'd probably just be air conditioning the outside.  The place isn't very well insulated, that's probably why they only run the fans, just to try to blow some air around.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 01:02:38 PM »
thanks for the report it sounds cool, as for the missing AC that sounds pretty stupid tho, must affect performance... it's one thing to be hardcore, but it's get silly if you take it too far
Z

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 01:10:38 PM »
Someone wrote and asked me to give some details about the gym......
HARDCORE...I'll put it this way, they make it look like a freaking palace in Ronnies videos compared to it's everyday appearance.  Today was the second time I've been in there, I went in there about 3 monts ago after I saw one Cost of Redemption.  I didn't work out,  although they said I could try the place out.  I just wanted to know how much it cost per month etc.  The guy running the desk was really cool, it was about 10 oclock and the place was pretty packed.   He was spotting a a small guy squatting around 600 or so.  There is a lot of old school equipment,  rusty dumbells machines etc.  Oh yeah that squat rack with the shocks on it is cool as hell.
They have a ton of speakers hooked up and seriously BLAST the music.  No air conditioning or heat as best I can tell.  I live in North Dallas so it's about 45 minutes away from me, but I'm thinking of joining just to go over and do legs on the weekends.  Everyone that was in there both times was friendly, it's like Cheers or something when you walk in there.  People come up and pat and welcome you to the gym.  Talked to this old guy, he said he's been working out there for years.  He said he didn't care for the music, but keeps going there for the atmosphere.   
I'm thinking about joining just to go over on the weekends to work legs.  I figure the atmosphere alone will help me add a couple more 45's.  I advise anyone that comes to the Dallas/Ft Worth area to at least go in and check it out. 
they're called hydraulic squat racks, moron.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bigtmoney

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 01:12:09 PM »
LOL..I've been waiting for the king of Jackasses to give a smart remark....

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 01:15:21 PM »
LOL..I've been waiting for the king of Jackasses to give a smart remark....
ok, "bigtmoney". ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bigtmoney

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 01:18:27 PM »
Sar..Buddy,

Your remarks are the reason any of us post here.

:-*

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 02:23:27 PM »
they're called hydraulic squat racks, moron.

you're an idiot ::)
just not good enough

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 03:39:07 PM »
Who other than an equipment nerd would obsess or care about trivia regarding hydraulic squat stands? ::)

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 03:53:34 PM »
How much is a membership to Metroflex?
Ron Paul 2012

bigtmoney

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 03:58:04 PM »
30 bucks a month, no contract. no app fee!  Not too many gyms that'll give you those kinds of terms.

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 03:59:43 PM »
30 bucks a month, no contract. no app fee!  Not too many gyms that'll give you those kinds of terms.

Cheap!!!!  And you get to work out with Ronnie if you're there at the right place and right time!
Ron Paul 2012

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 04:04:04 PM »

Anytime i am in dallas i will go workout there i bet ronnie will be impressed when i am squatting 475 pounds for 10 reps

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 04:04:47 PM »

You could lift at Metroflex for 10 months for $300.

Or, you could buy a website.  ;D

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »
Anytime i am in dallas i will go workout there i bet ronnie will be impressed when i am squatting 475 pounds for 10 reps
he would laugh his ass off at you.
Jaejonna rows 125!!