Author Topic: guys who sit at thanksgiving dinner with a can of tuna,dumb asses imo  (Read 6255 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: guys who sit at thanksgiving dinner with a can of tuna,dumb asses imo
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »
heard guy in gym saying on thanksgiving he eats his regular diet of tuna and broccoli and doesnt chow down on the great food,cmon man that is just plain stupid imo,unless u have a show in december or january that is plain dumb to deprive yourself.listen im as hardcore as the next guy when it comes to training and diet but cmon man,i do enjoy a nice morning workout though but frigg that shit as far as the food,im eating and enjoying myself
Would love to see a picture of this guy.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2014, 09:06:17 AM »
Would love to see a picture of this guy.

funny thing is he looks like shit,fat ass bloated meathead with big juicy BEE TEES bulging out of his pecs :D,id figure a guy with that much dedication would be a shredded munzer like type of dude, if he had a show at the end of november or even january id understand the mans willingness to miss out on all that good food,but if he thinks one day out of the yr is gonna make or break him he is a roasted guy
R

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2014, 09:06:24 AM »
This is a person who is deeply insecure with himself and most likely suffers from an internal dialogue filled with self-deprecation. When he wakes up in the morning, he looks in the mirror and feels incomplete and lost in a world with so many other people. He needs to stand out, to feel important, as well all do. We all want to feel important, and so we partake in different activities to stand out to others. The difference is that this person takes it to extreme levels and drastically alters his body and diet to stand out. There is nothing that screams, "look at me" more than a built up body and an insane diet. During Thanksgiving dinner, you can be certain that this man walks around with his ego inflated and his chest puffed out, believing that he is some unique flower because of his willingness to eat tuna and broccoli on Thanksgiving. He knows this will elicit specific responses from people, such as, "Why are you eating that stuff?" He will then be able to answer how hardcore he is, how dedicated he is, how he has such a great passion. For a moment, this man will stick out with a towering majesty amongst the rest of us. He will feel on top of the world. He will feel as if he conquered something grand, and for a matter of moments, will feel quite special in this world. Everyone in the room is looking at him, in awe of his dedication. He will drive home, look in the mirror, and begin to have another internal dialogue filled with self-deprecation. He is alone, he has no witnesses to his sacrifice. This will only fuel his desire to be seen, to stand out, to be that unique flower that he always desired. He will repeat the same vicious cycle of bodybuilding the next day.

This is  great post and perfect example of why many meathead , hardcore bodybuilders deserve the negative stereotype .
Nobody cares that you are hardcore and it only makes them think you are some odd , selfish, douchebag.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2014, 09:11:24 AM »
This is  great post and perfect example of why many meathead , hardcore bodybuilders deserve the negative stereotype .
Nobody cares that you are hardcore and it only makes them think you are some odd , selfish, douchebag.

Yes, it's usually the wee Roasters that behave like this. Mainly due to an undiagnosed deep rooted inferiority complex manifesting itself in a self focused confusion between machismo and the homoerotic subliminal thoughts of lean skin over Turkey and pudding.

Properly built guys like Arnold etc. never deprived themselves.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2014, 09:13:02 AM »
The same guy once he's gets off the merry go round of doing drug cycles after decade or two will look like he never exercised in his life.

If you can't enjoy a drink and a great meal once in awhile what the hell are you doing with your life?  

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »
Totally stupid.
Even if doing keto you can eat turkey and find a fat source...
?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
yeah ,,why draw attention,,,even guys who have ridiculous amounts of pro or close to size look riduculous with a cooler everywhere,,a construction is one thing,,,

Some guys carry a murse, some a small portable box with ice packs to keep food cold. It's that or have to eat out, spend 4x's the cost to eat chicken and maybe break your diet.
?

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »
Some guys carry a murse, some a small portable box with ice packs to keep food cold. It's that or have to eat out, spend 4x's the cost to eat chicken and maybe break your diet.
Pretty sure he's talking about the guy who's wife/girlfriend wants to go out to a dinner or movie (for example) and he says, "wait a minute. Let me pack my cooler!".

Not someone who brings it to work. Definitely more cost effective to pack your own lunch, etc. irregardless of whatever food you are eating in comparison to eating out.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2014, 09:37:02 AM »
Pretty sure he's talking about the guy who's wife/girlfriend wants to go out to a dinner or movie (for example) and he says, "wait a minute. Let me pack my cooler!".

Not someone who brings it to work. Definitely more cost effective to pack your own lunch, etc. irregardless of whatever food you are eating in comparison to eating out.

hahah, no way man! I've never been that bad, but always have my next 2 meals with me even if I may not need them...
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »

Because most of them are.  :-\ :-\
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2014, 09:41:45 AM »
that was deep man, im talking deep deep. u musta studied some kind of psychology or something to know that stuff cause what u said sounded alittle like me 15 yrs ago,im talking to the T

Rich Pianini and Robert Burneika exemplify what I have described.
X

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:04 AM »
i understand bringing tupperwear to work and stuff cause i do that myself, i understand we all have to make sure we r getting r protien and watch our fats and carbs,thats cool and i respect that dedication.i even keep tuna in my car just incase im stuck somewhere or have to work late ect, nothing wrong with that.im talking about loony mother fuckers that sit around on christmas dinner and thanksgiving dinner talking about how the food on the table has to much fat or suger ect,first off people r looking at these idiots and laughing thinking what a retard passing up all this food,also u dont have to be a registered dietician to know that eating one day a year will not get u fat and outta shape. thank god for arnold,he took the stereo type meathead bodybuiulder image and crushed it and showed the general public that hey,(U CAN BE NORMAL AND ENJOY A HOLIDAY MEAL AND STILL LOOK GREAT) im glad that most of u see things in a normal light
R

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2014, 09:44:31 AM »
Yes, it's usually the wee Roasters that behave like this. Mainly due to an undiagnosed deep rooted inferiority complex manifesting itself in a self focused confusion between machismo and the homoerotic subliminal thoughts of lean skin over Turkey and pudding.

Properly built guys like Arnold etc. never deprived themselves.

Real champs like Arnold, Big Ronnie, Jay, etc trained hard and dieted when they had to.
They didn't live life like a walking dead zombie, doing nothing but training and dieting.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2014, 09:46:04 AM »
i understand bringing tupperwear to work and stuff cause i do that myself, i understand we all have to make sure we r getting r protien and watch our fats and carbs,thats cool and i respect that dedication.i even keep tuna in my car just incase im stuck somewhere or have to work late ect, nothing wrong with that.im talking about loony mother fuckers that sit around on christmas dinner and thanksgiving dinner talking about how the food on the table has to much fat or suger ect,first off people r looking at these idiots and laughing thinking what a retard passing up all this food,also u dont have to be a registered dietician to know that eating one day a year will not get u fat and outta shape. thank god for arnold,he took the stereo type meathead bodybuiulder image and crushed it and showed the general public that hey,(U CAN BE NORMAL AND ENJOY A HOLIDAY MEAL AND STILL LOOK GREAT) im glad that most of u see things in a normal light

Not to mention you can still follow a bodybuilding diet and eat a thanksgiving meal.

What's wrong with having turkey, a sweet potato and vegetables? All of these are standard foods served at thanskgiving and foods bodybuilders eat all the time anyway.

Again, its just some losers way of standing out amongst the crowd.
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2014, 09:51:36 AM »

Again, its just some losers way of standing out amongst the crowd.

This x 100!

It's the, in your face, defiant attitude that he's a bodybuilder and everyone else is a lesser human.
If he's that anti-social why bother going to holiday dinner in the first place?!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2014, 09:55:56 AM »
This x 100!

It's the, in your face, defiant attitude that he's a bodybuilder and everyone else is a lesser human.
If he's that anti-social why bother going to holiday dinner in the first place?!

Well, if it was thanksgiving dinner at your house, maybe to meet your wife, in hopes of becoming a cuckold.  :D :D
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »
If you are sitting there eating a can of tuna at your family Thanksgiving dinner you are an asshole, plain and simple.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2014, 10:01:42 AM »
This x 100!

i agree,to top it off he or she prolly wears a shirt at thanksgiving  
saying something about bodybuilding to further get the attention they r seeking, if u r training yr round and done your homework your build will speak louder than any shirt or tupperwear bowl ever will. when i was younger(im an old geezer know)LOL, i was in good enough shape where people knew i worked out,i wasnt nothing great but trained hard enough and dieted hard enough for people at thanksgiving dinner to see my muscles,it never hurt going to gym an hour before the meal and training arms then put a light coat of baby oil over them and wear a cut off shirt ;)
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2014, 10:07:16 AM »
If you are sitting there eating a can of tuna at your family Thanksgiving dinner you are an asshole, plain and simple.

i agree, i remember when i was younger at a thanksgiving my mom saw some tuna in my gym bag and said i hope u didnt bring that to eat cause i broke my ass cooking since last night and id be really upset if u dont eat something.i didnt bring the tuna to eat it was leftover from my job the day before,i usually always keep some cans in the gym bag just incase,u never know
R

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »
saying something about bodybuilding to further get the attention they r seeking, if u r training yr round and done your homework your build will speak louder than any shirt or tupperwear bowl ever will. when i was younger(im an old geezer know)LOL, i was in good enough shape where people knew i worked out,i wasnt nothing great but trained hard enough and dieted hard enough for people at thanksgiving dinner to see my muscles,it never hurt going to gym an hour before the meal and training arms then put a light coat of baby oil over them and wear a cut off shirt ;)

;D

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »
 8)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
R

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »

I gave a seminar at the Lebanon, Ohio, YMCA over the holidays back in 1986.
My ex-wife's dad was a member of the YMCA and showed a few contest BB pics of me ,while talking me up to the staff.
They were convinced that I was this big deal in bodybuilding .
He asked me if I'd be willing to do a 30 min seminar in exchange for him getting a free extra year on his membership and I agreed.

It was during Thanksgiving weekend during the afternoon. The YMC had a 5x 7 pic of me doing a side chest shot with the seminar time listed on this poster next to the front desk. I had this really nice, expensive Nike Black sweat suit with my name monogrammed on it in blue thread.
I wore it to when I competed as a "tongue in cheek" attempt at humor ,when I showed up at a contest. I was shocked that aprox 25 people showed up for my seminar

I went thru some exercise and explained the difference between bodybuilding and lifting for pure strength or power.
I was getting a decent pump and a couple people asked me if I would pose.
I said fine and did a couple quick high reps sets and stripped down. I was around 205 and not too smooth  and hit some shots to an enthusiastic crowd response.

One boy around age 12 asked me what I ate for Thanksgiving. I chuckled and said ; " I stuffed myself, just like everyone else."
Then we had a 15 min Q and A and I actually got a round of applause at the end, from the people there.
Maybe, I helped make bodybuilders look more friendly and normal that day...who knows.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »
I gave a seminar at the Lebanon, Ohio, YMCA over the holidays back in 1986.
My ex-wife's dad was a member of the YMCA and showed a few contest BB pics of me ,while talking me up to the staff.
They were convinced that I was this big deal in bodybuilding .
He asked me if I'd be willing to do a 30 min seminar in exchange for him getting a free extra year on his membership and I agreed.

It was during Thanksgiving weekend during the afternoon. The YMC had a 5x 7 pic of me doing a side chest shot with the seminar time listed on this poster next to the front desk. I had this really nice, expensive Nike Black sweat suit with my name monogrammed on it in blue thread.
I wore it to when I competed as a "tongue in cheek" attempt at humor ,when I showed up at a contest. I was shocked that aprox 25 people showed up for my seminar

I went thru some exercise and explained the difference between bodybuilding and lifting for pure strength or power.
I was getting a decent pump and a couple people asked me if I would pose.
I said fine and did a couple quick high reps sets and stripped down. I was around 205 and not too smooth  and hit some shots to an enthusiastic crowd response.

One boy around age 12 asked me what I ate for Thanksgiving. I chuckled and said ; " I stuffed myself, just like everyone else."
Then we had a 15 min Q and A and I actually got a round of applause at the end, from the people there.
Maybe, I helped make bodybuilders look more friendly and normal that day...who knows.

thats pretty cool howard,u been around alittle which is great. the reason u got a huge applause,besides being a freindly and knowledgable guy,was because u answered them in a honest,down to earth way.most bodybuilders woulda prolly bullshitted and been like(no young man i brought my own food with me on thanksgiving and weighed it out) or someother bullshit answer,but u where honest and people appreciate honesty,i know i do
R

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
I heard Charles Manson once proclaim he was proud of what he did... ???

Comparison of peace :D