Author Topic: Spironolactone/Aldactone and nutrition/water during the last week before contest  (Read 1334 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Weighing around 205, I'm planning to use 25-50 mg Aldactone during my last week before contest.
Are there certain guidelines about the maximum intake of potassium and sodium (i.e. how low?) and should I combine its use with manipulating my water intake? (i.e. from high to low)
Thank you :)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
I used it when i was about 8 percent and didnt notice much at all

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
I used it when i was about 8 percent and didnt notice much at all

why would you do that?  ;D 8 percent means its just as much fat thats blurring the lines and not water

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Wife has an rx for it, so i was just like "wtf ill try it"

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
Not needed at all if you have dieted properly, and used the proper water/sodium manipulation.  You will end  up looking worse using it.  It hinders your carb up, and you will be flat as a pancake, and softer than if you  don't use it.  what most people think is actually a film of water, is actually the last bit of fat from not dieting hard enough.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Not needed at all if you have dieted properly, and used the proper water/sodium manipulation.  You will end  up looking worse using it.  It hinders your carb up, and you will be flat as a pancake, and softer than if you  don't use it.  what most people think is actually a film of water, is actually the last bit of fat from not dieting hard enough.

Plenty of guys had good results with Aldac. Is it the individual response or the overall strategy (i.e. right timing with all elements) ? Prob a combination.
I haven't tweaked much with water before, but I did the standard sodium/potassium/carbs thing and it wasn't working for me.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences.