Author Topic: anyone still feel the need to out do other guys at the gym?  (Read 5812 times)

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Re: anyone still feel the need to out do other guys at the gym?
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »
This guy is trying to outdo everyone:

I wasn't as retarded as that but five years ago I would be the 'hardcore' lifter throwing around the biggest weights  ::)

nowadays I'll raise an eyebrow at the douchnozzle next to me trying to 1/3 rep bench the 120's for a few shitty reps.. then do the 100's for 15 paused, super slow reps. Form > weight

I get my ego boost from using almost the same weights as them but doing them with ridiculously good form and not making so much as a grunt or Rich Piana face while doing it

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2014, 02:06:22 PM »
I train at 4.30am to avoid all the juiced up roid wankers, i cringe each time i see them and just hope many years ago when i was a young meathead that I didn't come across like they do now, in my own defence i know I was different I never posed around carried my bag of supps.yelling and talking to myself  I just trained and by 26 I had worked out this wasn't worth being anything more than a hobby even if I was winning titles, too much drug assistance required and no financial benefit,my energy and drive was best directed elsewhere, I dont even look at the juicehead bodybuilders in the gym, i give them and their drug filled bodies no acknowledgment whats so ever,  i cant compare to them, we have different priorities in life, mine to benefit myself and family, theirs to impress like minded people to them, were on different planets.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2014, 02:11:59 AM »
I train at 4.30am to avoid all the juiced up roid wankers, i cringe each time i see them and just hope many years ago when i was a young meathead that I didn't come across like they do now, in my own defence i know I was different I never posed around carried my bag of supps.yelling and talking to myself  I just trained and by 26 I had worked out this wasn't worth being anything more than a hobby even if I was winning titles, too much drug assistance required and no financial benefit,my energy and drive was best directed elsewhere, I dont even look at the juicehead bodybuilders in the gym, i give them and their drug filled bodies no acknowledgment whats so ever,  i cant compare to them, we have different priorities in life, mine to benefit myself and family, theirs to impress like minded people to them, were on different planets.

i agree,thats why i said in my original post i still think about doing it sometimes but realize i just dont want to risk injury and not only that mess up my workout. we cant help what comes into our minds but we can control what we do with the thought,we can entertain it or shrug it off,i chose to shrug it off.
R

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2014, 02:17:32 AM »
I'll hide peoples shoes and training gloves while i'm getting changed, just so I get the edge over them in the Arena.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2014, 02:18:05 AM »
I used to be like that to some degree in my earlt 20s but now i dont give a ahit about strenght..i train more or less like a pussy  compared to how i used to but i only train for musclemass now

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2014, 06:28:34 AM »
I'll hide peoples shoes and training gloves while i'm getting changed, just so I get the edge over them in the Arena.

I hang around the biggest guy and then when they ask me for a spot I "sure, no problem" then when the weight gets to much and they need help I pretend someone is calling me and "accidently" forget to help them so the bar comes down and crushes them :)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2014, 06:35:23 AM »

I hang around the biggest guy and then when they ask me for a spot I "sure, no problem" then when the weight gets to much and they need help I pretend someone is calling me and "accidently" forget to help them so the bar comes down and crushes them :)

I'll stay until really late when no one's around and then hide all the 1.25kg plates. They always find them within a few days, but that's enough time for me to get my edge on the bench, while everyone else is struggling to jump that 2.5kg gap to the next level

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2014, 06:37:55 AM »
I'll stay until really late when no one's around and then hide all the 1.25kg plates. They always find them within a few days, but that's enough time for me to get my edge on the bench, while everyone else is struggling to jump that 2.5kg gap to the next level
:D :D

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2014, 09:13:01 AM »

If some dude asks me for a spot (I will spot someone once or twice a year.) And that guy has way too much, I will purposely not spot him, let him struggle.
Why?
I'M not doing bent over rows to feed your ego on the bench.
?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
I usually train on my lunch break (I get an hour for lunch and the gym is right below my office) so its usually empty or near-empty when I train. I like that since it means less talking to people who can't STFU and lift. Even the odd person who tries to spark a conversation, I just end up ignoring them and have my headphones in at all times, even if no music is playing.
Anyway, to answer the question, no I never try to "outlift" anyone, I did when I was a fatty, but ever since I got lean and strength went down a bit I'm not about to risk injury to look more alpha at the gym  ::) . I train with good form, intensity, and as long as I feel the muscle working and going to failure I feel like that's a way better workout than hitting 1 rep maxes just to impress a bunch of nobodies.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2014, 02:08:18 PM »
nah, not anymore....been there done that.  have already consistently outlifted virtually every regular gym rat juiced or not in the process.
bragging is not very christian.