Author Topic: M.Rourke training for a come back to the ring.  (Read 6255 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
M.Rourke training for a come back to the ring.
« on: November 27, 2014, 02:21:29 AM »
Well, kind of...

Tough guy, a true getbigger overall.

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
Re: M.Rourke training for a come back to the ring.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 02:42:34 AM »
looks like his face has already gone 12 rounds with mike tyson

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 02:48:04 AM »
lost a lot of weight! Thats the best he has looked in a long time!
Good for him!

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 02:55:15 AM »
lost a lot of weight! Thats the best he has looked in a long time!
Good for him!

Lets not forget he's 62 already. Throwing these punches quite fast for that age I'd say.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 03:27:20 AM »
Maybe Tyson would honour him with a pitty fight.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 03:39:19 AM »
Living in the past  :-\

This is just sad to watch.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 03:52:25 AM »
Can only ask, why? And he looks awful, lost weight yea but creepy to look at, face is fucked

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 03:54:24 AM »
Can only ask, why? And he looks awful, lost weight yea but creepy to look at, face is fucked

I wouldn't have recognised him if it wasn't for the thread title. He looks completely different from a few years ago back when he did The Wrestler.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 03:56:59 AM »
Lets not forget he's 62 already. Throwing these punches quite fast for that age I'd say.
I used to talk to him few years back at breakfast.(firehouse)
He was in really bad shape then. Living in his car with his little dog.

No money, high on drugs. No one gave him a chance for a comeback and everybody talked shit about him. (He owed a lot of people money).

Now look , he is doing some good movies, staying sober and getting in shape. After all the shit he did to himself he is coming back strong at 62

Mickey has come a long way. Its never to late for a positive change. No matter what people say.

whitewidow

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 04:24:03 AM »

No money, high on drugs. No one gave him a chance for a comeback and everybody talked shit about him. (He owed a lot of people money).

Now look , he is doing some good movies, staying sober and getting in shape. After all the shit he did to himself he is coming back strong at 62

Mickey has come a long way. Its never to late for a positive change. No matter what people say.

when was this? the dude should have some cash! He has been acting for along time! But my opinion this is a dumb move he already got fucked up real bad when he tried to fight amateur! what commision would actual let this guy fight? Plus the guy admits he juices.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 04:43:06 AM »
he credits sly with getting him back on his feet, back into movies and getting a second chance

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 04:51:49 AM »
Is that marvin (freddie roaches assitant) holding the mitts?

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 05:07:29 AM »
when was this? the dude should have some cash! He has been acting for along time! But my opinion this is a dumb move he already got fucked up real bad when he tried to fight amateur! what commision would actual let this guy fight? Plus the guy admits he juices.
The Wrestler was his big comeback. Before that, nobody hired him any more for work. Nobody!
His reputation because of drugs was so bad that he couldn't get even small roles.
Couldn't even pay the rent for his house in the Palisades.
All his money spend on stupid investments but mostly drugs. He would sleep outside the firehouse in his car.
Really fucked up. It was sad to see Mickey Rourke wash himself in the bathroom of a restaurant.

The only reason he got the job for the wrestler was a promise he made to Darren Aronofsky (director)
Not to touch any drugs while on the shoot for the movie. He stayed sober as far as i know!

Anyway he kept his promise and went on to do Iron man and other films.
Thats why im happy to see him training and having work.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 05:13:22 AM »
The Wrestler was his big comeback. Before that, nobody hired him any more for work. Nobody!
His reputation because of drugs was so bad that he couldn't get even small roles.
All his money spend on stupid investments but mostly drugs. He would sleep outside the firehouse in his car.
Really fucked up. It was sad to see Mickey Rourke wash himself in the bathroom of a restaurant.

The only reason he got the job for the wrestler was a promise he made to Darren Aronofsky (director)
Not to touch any drugs while on the shoot for the movie. He stayed sober as far as i know!

How did the director even get in contact with some dude livin in his car in LA? He must have still had an agent, access to casting calls, etc. i dont buy he was totally isolated and living in a car and then lands some role in a movie

whitewidow

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 05:13:32 AM »

So all the Sin city money get spent on dope? damn what drugs was he using? must of been crack or smack! guess he never had that charlie sheen type money where you could live that kind of lifestyle and never go broke! This def could happen though I have been around the crack and smack game and have seen guys lose EVERYTHING! unless your dealing it too support your habit you will go broke and end up like mickey did or unless you have that charlie sheen type money.

whitewidow

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 05:14:47 AM »
How did the director even get in contact with some dude livin in his car in LA? He must have still had an agent, access to casting calls, etc. i dont buy he was totally isolated and living in a car and then lands some role in a movie

maybe the director saw him at the firehouse in the bathroom! If true very sad shit! seems like he would have a friend or a family member to live with.

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 05:20:07 AM »
The living in a car phase was the late 90's.

The wrestler wasn't a true comeback.

He did a bunch of awsome movies before that.

Spun sin city etc.

whitewidow

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 05:29:58 AM »

Spun sin city etc.

he must of got a few million for sin city know way anybody would be that stupid to blow it all on dope! If your a millionaire and smart you could find a trusty financial advisor and just live off the juice and blow the juice money on drugs. I don;t know if I buy this whole story but I did actually hear he did go through a rough time but the guy didn;t go in depth on how bad it was.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 05:33:48 AM »
So all the Sin city money get spent on dope? damn what drugs was he using? must of been crack or smack! guess he never had that charlie sheen type money where you could live that kind of lifestyle and never go broke! This def could happen though I have been around the crack and smack game and have seen guys lose EVERYTHING! unless your dealing it too support your habit you will go broke and end up like mickey did or unless you have that charlie sheen type money.
I didn't ask I'm exactly how he did it  ::)
Look at the singer from CREED. Sold 28 mill albums and sleeps in his Truck because he is broke.
He must have fans that would take him in,family, band members why not?
Still he spend the last couple month in his truck. Broke.
It was in the news yesterday.
That's a lot of money to burn. How do you spend that? Taxes,drugs stupid investments?
I don't know but it happens

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 05:36:29 AM »
looks like he's been washing his face with a bear trap

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 05:58:09 AM »

He looks very fit.

Good job for his age.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 06:00:13 AM »

Spun sin city etc.
Yes he did a lot of great movies

The wrestler won all kinds of awards thou. The critics claimed his best acting to date.

It was a great movie,like his life in a way. Down and out. That's why he was so good in it

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 06:21:06 AM »
I didn't ask I'm exactly how he did it  ::)
Look at the singer from CREED. Sold 28 mill albums and sleeps in his Truck because he is broke.
He must have fans that would take him in,family, band members why not?
Still he spend the last couple month in his truck. Broke.
It was in the news yesterday.
That's a lot of money to burn. How do you spend that? Taxes,drugs stupid investments?
I don't know but it happens

Poverty could be defined as the inability to handle money. Effectively, people who can't handle money are just extending the length of time before they go broke again. (This is without someone else handling their money of course).

So 100k = Maybe 1 year before being dirt poor.
1m maybe a few years, once the house gets repossessed and the cars are seized etc.
10m a few more years.

Effectively they are 'poor' even when they have heaps of cash, as even they know deep down that it will not last.

Give someone who has the ability to control money wisely even a 10th of all the above figures, and they'll never go broke.

whitewidow

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »
Yes he did a lot of great movies

The wrestler won all kinds of awards thou. The critics claimed his best acting to date.

It was a great movie,like his life in a way. Down and out. That's why he was so good in it

there are afew dudes at venice golds who live out of their van. not to be mean but if you really look at mickey he reminds me of a bum!

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 06:46:19 AM »
 he's done at least 1 movie per year since 1979! (except 2007)