Author Topic: What year was the worst Mr Olympia physique?  (Read 27883 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: What year was the worst Mr Olympia physique?
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
He's been laying low but is still shredded to the bone

Lots of former pros doing that these days  :-X

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2014, 04:08:20 PM »
& 66 , Ludwig Susterich over ruling judges

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »
Lee at his best in '91

I would bet that because the did the O clean in 90, that he blew up in 91 thanks to the down time.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »
Shit.., go back to the picture of the 91 O, and look enlarge that shot of Haney, Yates, and Sonny Shmidt. Don't know if many on here actually trained in the same gym as Sonny did? But enlarge the picture, and you will see that Sonny's proportions beat both Haney and Dorian easily. Haney especially in the arms, legs, and Calves. Hell, everything. That is the big mistake there. How about Sonny Shmidt 91 Mr O?????

Sonny looked great, but not good enough to beat Haney or Yates.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »
Shit.., go back to the picture of the 91 O, and look enlarge that shot of Haney, Yates, and Sonny Shmidt. Don't know if many on here actually trained in the same gym as Sonny did? But enlarge the picture, and you will see that Sonny's proportions beat both Haney and Dorian easily. Haney especially in the arms, legs, and Calves. Hell, everything. That is the big mistake there. How about Sonny Shmidt 91 Mr O?????

Nope! I have the 91 Olympia. As advertised, this was a two-man show: Yates and Haney. Schmidt got eclipsed next to those two. Heck, he couldn't even handle Taylor.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »
07 Jay?

82 Dickerson?

80 Arnold?

97 yates?

any of jay's wins.

80 Arnold looked like shit.. not all familiar with Dickerson's look when he won.

dorian in 97 wasn't bad. he didn't have that same grainy/hard look that he had in the years prior, but he was still dorian... and dorians 97 look trumps any of lee haney's wins.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »
any of jay's wins.

80 Arnold looked like shit.. not all familiar with Dickerson's look when he won.

dorian in 97 wasn't bad. he didn't have that same grainy/hard look that he had in the years prior, but he was still dorian... and dorians 97 look trumps any of lee haney's wins.

'91 Haney is among the best, guy.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:20 PM »
any of jay's wins.

Welcome back, and i concur.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2014, 10:06:25 PM »
any of jay's wins.

Dorian looked 6 months pregnant in 1997. His best look would be '93 with a close second being '95.

Cutler looked great in '06 and '09. The other years, not so much. Many felt he should have fallen in '07 before he eventually lost in '08.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2014, 10:14:08 PM »
Dorian looked 6 months pregnant in 1997. His best look would be '93 with a close second being '95.

Cutler looked great in '06 and '09. The other years, not so much. Many felt he should have fallen in '07 before he eventually lost in '08.

Cutler looked real good in 2001 and 2009.  He was terrible in 07 and not as good as Ronnie in 06.  One of the real unspoken travesties
is that Ronnie got fucked out of 9 in a row.  In 2006, it should have went to either Ronnie or Victor.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 10:48:30 PM »
Cutler looked real good in 2001 and 2009.  He was terrible in 07 and not as good as Ronnie in 06.  One of the real unspoken travesties
is that Ronnie got fucked out of 9 in a row.  In 2006, it should have went to either Ronnie or Victor.

His best, I'd say, even with the lagging back.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 11:42:44 PM »
His best, I'd say, even with the lagging back.

I agree.  I even liked his back better then because it didn't have the skin rolls as it did in later years.

whitewidow

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 11:52:33 PM »
Coleman 2006

how about almost every year Ronnie was mr.O except maybe thew first few years. Worst Mr.O of all time after 2002.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2014, 12:13:08 AM »
I'm sorry but Sonny had better proportions than Lee. I know lee one 8 O's. But he had no legs! Sonny was coming in when legs and calves mattered. Hence, Haney saw the writing on the wall with Dorian as well as all the others!

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2014, 12:14:23 AM »
O' forgot. Parker ... You are delusional!

whitewidow

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2014, 02:29:59 AM »
actually Dorian looked horrible that one year he came in with all the torrn muscles. He bought that show. Ronnie looked a mess the last 5-6 of his wins.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2014, 02:55:33 AM »

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2014, 03:06:38 AM »
After watching the video of the 1980 Mr.O i thought Arnold won and 2nd/3rd was Zane/Mentzer. Arnold just had much better proportions, flow, quality and easier more size than the rest that year. Mentzer complained but he was too blocky. I didn't think it was close in the end. Video's are far better than Pics like Dorian in 1997 or Ronnie 2001, on video both easy winners, in pics don't look it.

whitewidow

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2014, 03:10:22 AM »
After watching the video of the 1980 Mr.O i thought Arnold won and 2nd/3rd was Zane/Mentzer. Arnold just had much better proportions, flow, quality and easier more size than the rest that year. Mentzer complained but he was too blocky. I didn't think it was close in the end. Video's are far better than Pics like Dorian in 1997 or Ronnie 2001, on video both easy winners, in pics don't look it.

I think mentzer was so butt hurt after that show he quit bodybuilding and took up smoking and snorting crystal meth and cocaine.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2014, 03:16:54 AM »
I think mentzer was so butt hurt after that show he quit bodybuilding and took up smoking and snorting crystal meth and cocaine.

Listened to his tape interviews from like 1991 on youtube with some mag? He is a bit stupid about training. He starts going how everyone overtrains and even one set restricts recovery....like if you don't do that one set what are you going to recover from? I train with very few sets but he went crazy. In no way did he win in 1980 no fucking way. It's not like Kai vs Heath where Kai could win in condition, Arnie was just light years ahead of them all and showed up sub par and still was better. Only Zane matched him for proportions which were excellent but he was a bit small that year. A bit bigger and Mentzer wasn't in his league either.

Also read that smoke and mirrors 2 book which half of it is on Arthur Jones, a guy who just attacks everyone else and says his system is the best (like everyone does) yet what does he look like? Never trained consistently for long periods. Stupid book why spend half of it on that.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2014, 03:22:59 AM »
Without a doubt the worse Mr. O was 1981 Franco Columbo. Still the biggest travesty, among a host of other Olympia travesties, to this day. I could only imagine how Padilla and Platz felt. I stopped following pro bbing for nearly 20 years after that.

whitewidow

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2014, 03:43:50 AM »
Without a doubt the worse Mr. O was 1981 Franco Columbo. Still the biggest travesty, among a host of other Olympia travesties, to this day. I could only imagine how Padilla and Platz felt. I stopped following pro bbing for nearly 20 years after that.

damn your that old! Padilla was only 160 lbs that show but did look Insane! padilla got 5th,padilla was another guy who was butt hurt after that show and quit bodybuilding.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2014, 04:59:12 AM »
damn your that old! Padilla was only 160 lbs that show but did look Insane! padilla got 5th,padilla was another guy who was butt hurt after that show and quit bodybuilding.

When you look at the conditioning Padilla achieved you can see he put everything into this show. His heart and soul and then some. Platz too looked like he went to hell and back. And to be spit your face like that because of politics.

If it made me disgusted and turned off to bodybuilding I can only imagine how Padilla must have felt. When Padilla stood next to the bow legged, gyno infested, Sardinian sidekick to Arnold, it wasn't even close. Padilla was in another league.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2014, 08:51:38 AM »
I agree.  I even liked his back better then because it didn't have the skin rolls as it did in later years.

His balance and shape that year were downright aesthetic.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »
the last 2 by cutler were the worst both equally bad