Author Topic: Hypocrisy about Christmas  (Read 6943 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Hypocrisy about Christmas
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:34:50 PM »
My work will use every word but Christmas to discuss vacation time for the holidays, holiday lunch, blah blah, but to be PC they won't use the word Christmas, but then they decorate the whole office with Christmas trees in the lobby, hallway and breakrooms.  WTF!  Just say the goddam fucking word.  Say it!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Hypocrisy about Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:45:23 PM »
A local school up here almost canceled kids annual trip to the Nutcracker since there were Christmas trees on the stage and some shithead parents complained.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/11/23/school-considers-canceling-nutcracker-tr
Y

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:30:27 PM »
Christmas outside of the church has nothing to do with Christ.  May as well call it Dudemas or Pancakemas.  The word holds no religious value for most.

Again, with the exception of churches Christ was removed from Christmas long ago.

Don't want Christ in your Christmas then continue not going to church LOL.

What I find funny is that those that despise Christ bring a ton of him to Christmas each year with all the complaining and attention.  Seems more logical to say nothing and just solider on as usual in a Christless existence......Christmas has been completely redefined and Christ removed already.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:35:09 PM »
Who really cares. The only reason most people care about Christmas is the time off from work and the presents.

Most people do not actually care about the "true meaning" of Christmas or what it entails. Yet, they bitch and moan when they can't use the word "Christmas." Now all of a sudden they get so caught up in the meaning of Christmas that removing the word Christmas will shatter their hopes and dreams and the true meaning of Christmas.

It has little to do with people trying to hold onto the idea of Christmas, and has a lot more to do with the violation of the 1st amendment. Replace the word "Christmas" with any other word, and you will get the same response if someone tries to silence you.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »
Who really cares. The only reason most people care about Christmas is the time off from work and the presents.

Most people do not actually care about the "true meaning" of Christmas or what it entails. Yet, they bitch and moan when they can't use the word "Christmas." Now all of a sudden they get so caught up in the meaning of Christmas that removing the word Christmas will shatter their hopes and dreams and the true meaning of Christmas.

It has little to do with people trying to hold onto the idea of Christmas, and has a lot more to do with the violation of the 1st amendment. Replace the word "Christmas" with any other word, and you will get the same response if someone tries to silence you.

exactly

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »

QFT

A gingerbread man will taste like a 'gingerbread man' regardless if the PC wants to call them 'gingerbread person'.

People get caught up in this just because they feel threatened, so all of a sudden they need to cling on to old traditions they completely neglected just a few years ago. In the end, do what feels best for you.

MikMaq

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »
Fucking hate this shit.

Am I now not aloud to talk about lord of the rings, because it's based on pagan tradition?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
Getbigas.

A celebration of getting big, with getbiggers, on getbig that takes place each year in december.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
Getbigas.

A celebration of getting big, with getbiggers, on getbig that takes place each year in december.

I did actually celebrate my new years eve here. Had my last mandatory exam coming up in the first week of January, so I was home studying like a good boy. Alex23 had me laughing for hours with his callouts and new years eve greeting to some user through youtube. True getbigger if there ever was one.

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 02:14:14 PM »
Is a person who says they are Christian and celebrates Christmas knowing it is based on Pagan tradition really a Christian or a hypocrite ?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
I dig this simple post out each year before Christmas  ;D:

The Roman Catholic church chose December 25th to celebrate the birth of Christ in an attempt to subvert the pagan celebrations that annually occurred at or around that same time; in essense, replacing pagan traditions with a celebration of Christ....it took too!   

No one knows the exact birthdate of Christ.  Some say it was in the spring and others the fall.  That said, the church made a strong attempt to establish the annual celebration of Christ's birth in a way that both glorifies our Lord and Savior and symbolically suppresses the evil of men.

The verses in Jeremiah don't refer to Christmas trees....that's a forced fit many employ for the sake of making an argument.  The verses refer to those people that fashioned wooden idols and decorated them for purposes of pagan worship.  And where does one get wood?  From trees in a forest.  Christians do not worship Christmas trees.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
Fucking hate this shit.

Am I now not aloud to talk about lord of the rings, because it's based on pagan tradition?

No, you're not allowed to talk because you are creepy in general and would most likely scare small children.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »

Truth

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 02:31:36 PM »
I dig this simple post out each year before Christmas  ;D:

I was going to type something very similar to your old quote but couldn't be bothered  :D

BigNJ

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »
Aside from the truly religious people who actually believe and practice what they believe, for the rest, christmas is nothing but a scam, just like Valentine. People go nuts shopping for presents and shit.

Year after year, I see this madness go on.

IWhen Will The Madness Stop?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 03:39:50 PM »
Aside from the truly religious people who actually believe and practice what they believe, for the rest, christmas is nothing but a scam, just like Valentine. People go nuts shopping for presents and shit.

Year after year, I see this madness go on.

IWhen Will The Madness Stop?

The Holidays seem overly trite. They happen every frigging year and its always the same exact shit.

They should make each holiday only occur once every 5 years.  :D
X

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:14 PM »
The Holidays seem overly trite. They happen every frigging year and its always the same exact shit.

They should make each holiday only occur once every 5 years.  :D

I get your perspective but having a child makes you appreciate The Holidays a lot more. 
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 03:48:02 PM »
I'm atheist but it annoys me when people use the phrase holiday tree instead of Christmas tree. It's a Christmas tree. Just because you change the name doesn't change what it is.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
I get your perspective but having a child makes you appreciate The Holidays a lot more. 

I can totally see that. Seeing your child grow up each christmas is probably really cool.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »
I'm atheist but it annoys me when people use the phrase holiday tree instead of Christmas tree. It's a Christmas tree. Just because you change the name doesn't change what it is.

should these be called "holiday" bakeries or "christmas" bakeries?

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »

well, its actually not a "christmas" tree either. Its an Evergreen Conifer. With that said, it can be really any name we attach it. In its original form, its neither a christmas tree or a holiday tree.
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »
Everything that is Christmas should be called such. Stupid to try to take the religion out by calling it holiday. Use some Johnny falcon logic:  holiday= holy day.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 05:15:39 PM »
I can totally see that. Seeing your child grow up each christmas holiday is probably really cool.
fixed for PC

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 05:29:48 PM »
Everything that is Christmas should be called such. Stupid to try to take the religion out by calling it holiday. Use some Johnny falcon logic:  holiday= holy day.

But its only Christmas because certain people have decided that particular tree is associated with christmas. I mean, what makes THAT a "christmas" tree? Because people call it such?

In essence, its just a tree. I can develop my own holiday and call that same exact tree, "Getbig Holiday Bush."  :-X :-X
X

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 05:44:20 PM »