Author Topic: GFCI Outlet  (Read 1596 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
GFCI Outlet
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »
I have a heated birdbath with only a 2 foot power cord, so it's plugged into an outdoor extension cord.  The outlet outside shares a bathroom wall.  The GFCI outlet recently is tripping frequently.  The outlet in the bathroom doesn't really get used for anything like a hairdryer.  The cords don't seem to be damaged like a mouse chewed through it or anything, so what would be causing this?  Is it dangerous?  My birdies are depending on water and not a chunk of ice :(
:

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
Re: GFCI Outlet
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 11:06:32 AM »
 You are probably getting some moisture or condensation onto the plug at the bird bath. You can try wrapping a little bit of plastic over the connection to keep moisture out.

GFCI`s also go bad occasionally and it may just be time to put a new one in.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: GFCI Outlet
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »
I have a heated birdbath with only a 2 foot power cord, so it's plugged into an outdoor extension cord.  The outlet outside shares a bathroom wall.  The GFCI outlet recently is tripping frequently.  The outlet in the bathroom doesn't really get used for anything like a hairdryer.  The cords don't seem to be damaged like a mouse chewed through it or anything, so what would be causing this?  Is it dangerous?  My birdies are depending on water and not a chunk of ice :(

Any sane bird will have flown to florida at this point.   Best to let natural selection take care of the retarded ones who are depending on your next trip to wal mart
Y