Author Topic: Call me old school (thats fine) but this glutes thing is ridiculous !!!  (Read 15680 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Call me old school (thats fine) but this glutes thing is ridiculous !!!
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 11:32:34 AM »
You guys who act like it's "the last thing that comes in so it shows how someone is really in shape" are full of shit.  Tommi Thorvildsen routinely gets on stage with a layer of fat/water, but still has "ripped glutes."  It's idiotic that it has become the baseline for conditioning.  "new abs...." hahahaha, oh brother.

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 01:22:53 PM »
Marveling at the state and shape of heavily musculed men's naked asses, oh man, whatever next.   ;D
Lies, damn lies and diets

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 01:49:01 PM »
The next step will be a ripped penis.
Then BayGM and M1T will become IFBB judges...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 02:54:42 PM »
After reading many comments about Lee Priest's win at the Ironman, I see a lot of comments about him being soft in the hams and glutes.
Damn, if theres one aspect of bodybuilding that has evolved recently for the worse its this obsession of glutes (ok, the guys ass-------it is what it is !!!)
I'm all for the biggest, freakiest, muscle that can be packed on a human body (I would love to have Lees arms !!!), but ya know what ?
I see more talk about Lees glutes and hams being soft rather than how his calves and arms were superior.
Wouldnt you rather have great arms and calves over great hamstrings and a Ripped ass ?
Ok, Here comes the silly argument that you can see how conditioned someone is by looking at his ass, er, behind, I mean glutes.
Damn, How did judges do it all these years when the trunks were covering up the behinds of bodybuilders------------how in the world did the judges ever know if someone was ripped or in shape if there behind was covered up ? Such a mystery !!!!!!
I LOVE LOOKING AT BEHINDS ALL DAY LONG---AS LONG AS ITS FROM A SEXY FEMALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YEAH BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simple solution : For those of you that cant tell if a competitor is in shape at a contest without looking at his ass, then maybe I can help you:
TRY LOOKING AT THE ARMS, SHOULDERS, BACK, ABDOMINALS, THIGHS, CALVES----------------OK ? See That wasnt hard, If you cant tell if a competitor has ripped in shape bodyparts without looking at his behind, well.........um......... ah...........WHY NOT ????????????   Its not rocket science !!!
Even Lee Priest himself has said he doesnt like the direction of this ripped glutes thing-------------and its not why he got into bodybuilding.
Actually, you dont have to be an old schooler to have a dis-satisfaction with this obsession of glutes thing--------are there not any of you youngsters (teens and twentys) that think this glutes thing has gone too far ?
At my gym someone put up a picture of Ronnie Coleman's double back biceps shot-----but I took it down because I was tired of seeing his bare ass staring me in the face.
And forget about how old schoolers dont get it------------because personally I still love seeing bodybuilders getting bigger and freakier----the freakier the better, but please, I wont shed one tear or go into deep depression if trunks suddenly start covering up behinds of "male competitors".
As it should be.

and to think woman are now as we speak getting ass implants and fat injected into their asses to look like Jennier Lopez's ass...Their is nothing hot about Jennier Lopez's ass...Its fat(and she is lazy about her body)...Marilyne Monroe's ass was fat...Now to get to the bodybuilders of old, most had fat on their asses...Its called evolution...

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 03:08:27 PM »
The next step will be a ripped penis.
On a similar note; back in the day, I shot a bunch of Esciclene (sp?) in my wee-wee and it got kind of lumpy & bumpy, but the mass was not symetrical, so I stopped. ;D
a

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 03:44:59 PM »
It would be a good move to have rules stipulating trunks looking like those of the mid-70's.

Not only would it de-ghey bodybuilding, but it would also serve as a lead to associate bodybuilding of today with whatever positive images that exists (Arnold, Lou, Sergio, Robby, Franco, Blonde Bomber et al).

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »
This is only your opinion sir. Generally Rocket you bring good points but not with this post.
In the gym you can see equipment that work that specific area. Actually, going beyond, leg press and squat are exercises that develop the glutes area and not only quads.
And by the way, your ass is part of your body. Why it shouldn't be built?

What I'm saying is, when you start lifting weight at no point do you ever train for glute size.. its incidental at best.  Its one of the very few places on your body you can say that is true.

GUNZO

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »
Actually, the IFBB/NPC rules state that the trunks should cover the buttocks at all times.  A competitor is supposed to be marked down for deliberatly displaying his, or her ass.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »
What I'm saying is, when you start lifting weight at no point do you ever train for glute size.. its incidental at best.  Its one of the very few places on your body you can say that is true.
Is that a valid argument? You are too intelligent to believe what you are saying.
Most of the people when they start to lift don't want to train legs and you can see many of them also at your gym.... So legs are not part of body building? I don't train forearms, neck muscles and tibial, so they are not important at all in a competitive athlete?
I do think that criteria change with time. Just to give you an example body builders in the sixties and early seventies didn't like to develop their traps. They believed that small traps augment the illusion of shoulders width. Today traps are judged and taken into consideration. Some people on this board dare to say that Ronnie traps are small... Go figure!
So in conclusion I think it's wrong to overemphasize glutes as indicator of good shape. However, let us consider it just like another muscle.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 07:21:04 PM »
Actually, the IFBB/NPC rules state that the trunks should cover the buttocks at all times.  A competitor is supposed to be marked down for deliberatly displaying his, or her ass.

It all depends, Ronnies glutes go down to a point half way down his hams. He would have to wear a depends under garment to cover them.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 07:30:07 PM »
Is that a valid argument? You are too intelligent to believe what you are saying.
Most of the people when they start to lift don't want to train legs and you can see many of them also at your gym.... So legs are not part of body building? I don't train forearms, neck muscles and tibial, so they are not important at all in a competitive athlete?
I do think that criteria change with time. Just to give you an example body builders in the sixties and early seventies didn't like to develop their traps. They believed that small traps augment the illusion of shoulders width. Today traps are judged and taken into consideration. Some people on this board dare to say that Ronnie traps are small... Go figure!
So in conclusion I think it's wrong to overemphasize glutes as indicator of good shape. However, let us consider it just like another muscle.

No its not really a valid argument, of course not.  Its simply something a purist would recite to maybe win a small point.  It is only an indicator of a conditioning but it shouldn't be the dealbreaker as you have correctly stated.  Unfortunately right now every tom dick and harry looking to win a point go straight to the glutes.

I don't know whether the judges do though, I suspect not.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »
Wow !!! Lots of passion on this one.

Forget about evolution, forget about the largest muscle group, forget about an indicator of being ripped,

As much as I respect Ronnie Coleman, how many of you really want to see his act of pulling his trunks up into his crack to flex his glutes, and then puling them out of his ass when hes done.

C'mon, how many of you really like seeing that ?

snatch_clean

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 08:04:49 PM »
Forget about evolution, forget about the largest muscle group, forget about an indicator of being ripped,
As much as I respect Ronnie Coleman, how many of you really want to see his act of pulling his trunks up into his crack to flex his glutes, and then puling them out of his ass when hes done.
Maybe you are really a flaming homosexual in denial. One's who always act like they will vomit if they ever see a man's butt. And ones who always qualify any sentences like "Not to imply I am gay but I think (insert male celebrity's name) is a good looking man" or worse claim they cannot decide which of two men is more attractive for fear of being called gay. You don't need to convice us that you are a hairy he-man who likes beer, women and is defender of heterosexual bodybuilding. Even with posing trunks you still like to watch grown men shave themselves, oil up right. Get off your holier than thou soapbox.

Your fixation on the male rear probably a symptom of latent homosexual desires; that you feel compelled to protest in disgust lest you feel silence is an admittance of homosexuality. Give it a rest. I am willing to bet most heterosexual bodybuilding fans do not even notice the glutes, they probably pick apart a physique one muscle at a time and the glute is just another muscle.

apk19

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »
I remember reading an interview with Lee Priest (pretty sure it was on the nuclear nutrition website) when he said glutes are not a bodypart in the judging criteria and people hiking their trunks up were supposed to be disqualified.
Ronnie's routine at the 2003 Mr. O was fucked!  :-X
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 08:08:48 PM »
Maybe you are really a flaming homosexual in denial. One's who always act like they will vomit if they ever see a man's butt. And ones who always qualify any sentences like "Not to imply I am gay but I think (insert male celebrity's name) is a good looking man" or worse claim they cannot decide which of two men is more attractive for fear of being called gay. You don't need to convice us that you are a hairy he-man who likes beer, women and is defender of heterosexual bodybuilding. Even with posing trunks you still like to watch grown men shave themselves, oil up right. Get off your holier than thou soapbox.
Your fixation on the male rear probably a symptom of latent homosexual desires; that you feel compelled to protest in disgust lest you feel silence is an admittance of homosexuality. Give it a rest. I am willing to bet most heterosexual bodybuilding fans do not even notice the glutes, they probably pick apart a physique one muscle at a time and the glute is just another muscle.
Thank you for your opinion, I just would rather not see that kind of thing on stage.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 08:37:56 PM »
I remember reading an interview with Lee Priest (pretty sure it was on the nuclear nutrition website) when he said glutes are not a bodypart in the judging criteria and people hiking their trunks up were supposed to be disqualified.
Ronnie's routine at the 2003 Mr. O was fucked!  :-X
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

read between the lines.  Thats because Lee was to lazy to get his glutes ripped...He starting to do it now though isn't he...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 08:46:51 PM »

whether people want to believe it or not, the gay community is what makes up the base of the people taking part in this "sport" They buy most of the mags...They go to the shows ect...Look most regular people who know nothing about "the sport" and don't support it, think that getting up on stage in posing trunks all oiled up is gay...And their is nothing you can say to them to change their view...Pulling the trucks up and posing their ass is no gayer then any other pose they do...You thinking that its gay is no different then "the regular people" thinking just getting up there is gay...its the last body part to come in shape when dieting..To me it shows that someone took it to a whole different level of dieting...But at the pro level, it more like who has the better surgen...

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 09:03:12 PM »
whether people want to believe it or not, the gay community is what makes up the base of the people taking part in this "sport" They buy most of the mags...They go to the shows ect...Look most regular people who know nothing about "the sport" and don't support it, think that getting up on stage in posing trunks all oiled up is gay...And their is nothing you can say to them to change their view...Pulling the trucks up and posing their ass is no gayer then any other pose they do...You thinking that its gay is no different then "the regular people" thinking just getting up there is gay...its the last body part to come in shape when dieting..To me it shows that someone took it to a whole different level of dieting...But at the pro level, it more like who has the better surgen...

It has nothing to do with gay, it is unsanitary to pull your trunks in and out like that ,I dont like seeing that on stage--Yuck !!! I just dont see the need for it. Believe it or not, I can actually tell how conditioned someone is with out seeing if their glutes are ripped.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 10:29:10 PM »
if you want judging to be serious I don't see why a mature adult can't handle it.
I feel no sexual connotation whatsoever.

Physicians, corrections officers, showering atheltes all see man ass. It's no big deal get over it.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2006, 11:40:26 PM »
and people wonder why bb isnt popular any more. lets be real no one wants a ripped ass. and it just makes our sport more gay. it was okay to get oiled up and wear normal jocks but now its just ridiculous.

next minute you know wearing a thong is going to be normal. when this happens say good bye to bb and say good bye to wat eva credibility this sport has left

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2006, 02:10:42 AM »

thats true!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2006, 02:27:36 AM »
heres my 2cents

like most i dont think there is a need to hike your trunks up your crack to show how shredded your glutes are(as well as picking them out after :-X)
but bodybuilding is suppose to be about total conditioning. not just the major muscles.... but all. ripped glutes and hams show that you have nailed your dieting.

someone said that you dont have to see a guys shreded glutes to know hes in shape. that may be true but wouldnt a guy standing next to that guy who also has shredded glutes and hams look to be more in shape. and that might be the deciding factor on placing one ahead of the other.

dieting has evolved and gotten crazier thus allowing more competitors to achieve shredded glutes. this is probably why you see it now rather than in the 70's and 80's and so it has become part of judging.

dirk digler

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2006, 07:11:42 AM »
Just when you think bodybuilding can't get any more homoerotic. Look at Bob Cicherillo psing in the gym in his nice tight blue skivies.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2006, 08:00:26 PM »
It has nothing to do with gay, it is unsanitary to pull your trunks in and out like that ,I dont like seeing that on stage--Yuck !!! I just dont see the need for it. Believe it or not, I can actually tell how conditioned someone is with out seeing if their glutes are ripped.

well i believe bodybuilding was alot more gay in the 80s when all of them wear spandex in the gym and what not...That shit looked more guy then guys hiking up their posing trucks and these people were doing it in public every day of the week...Guys go in a bodybuilding show what once or twice a year and get up onstage for what 90seconds to show that at that one moment in time, they have nailed their conditioning...Their is nothing gay about that...But the same can't even come close to the spandex outfits of the 80s...Other then the daisy duke shorts that were also popular in the 80s which to this day some of these silly pros sport in the gym...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2006, 06:46:50 AM »
I couldn't care less how ripped a man's ass is.