Author Topic: Mr. Priest-------how will you alter your diet/training up to the Arnold Classic?  (Read 9569 times)

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Ironman Champ Lee !!!!    Allright !!!!!!!!!!   Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee, It must be tough trying to peak for 2 contests just 2 weeks apart------it must be very difficult----------------------how will you diet and train in the next two weeks before the Arnold ?

Will it be different than the two weeks before the Ironman Contest ?

Thank you and see you at the Arnold !!!    :)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
No same diet and all just hope for the best on the day.:)

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Can u give us a rundown of your diet?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Protein is high(made up of chicken ,steak,fish and whey) , around 50-60grms grms per meal, and he is having 7 meals a day , meals, 1,2 3,4,5 - have carbs which are Oats and rice,while meals ,6,7 are mainly protien and salad or fiberous vegtables, you know brocilli, carrot, beans, lettice , tomatoe, cucumber etc , he also has flax seed oil in there for good fats, he is also having whey protein in the morning for meal one or sometimes egg whites (mood dependent), he is eating around 3200 cals per day, and uses products like l-carnitine (5grms) to aid fat moblisation--so it is much the same as every one elese(there is no magical formula) as it all comes down to the same old equation --Energy vs Energy out !!!

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
Hey HRDCOR,

I am pretty new here and was curious how you know Lee?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I owe him money and I stole his DVD and Mobile Phone, so he keeps in touch !!!

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
umm.. thanks

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Sorry last rep , just playing , me and lee have been good friends for over 16 years now and have lived togther ( platonic , ok 240 ) through out the years, lee and I have many a great story to  tell togther and have a very simaler nature and sence of humor people have often asked if we are brothers , dumb question realy as we dont look alike ??!!

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Hey HRDCOR,
I am pretty new here and was curious how you know Lee?
hrdcor lives vicariously through lee.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
hrdcor lives vicariously through lee.

Oh theres no doubting that !!!

Thanks to my buddy lee I have been flown all over the states to  pro shows,expos, drag meets ,I get the best seats ,I get the best acommidation ,free supplements,I met Arnold, Joe Gold, Tom Platz and to be honest just about any other legend out there you care to mention, all thanks to Lee.

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
Sorry last rep , just playing , me and lee have been good friends for over 16 years now and have lived togther ( platonic , ok 240 ) through out the years, lee and I have many a great story to  tell togther and have a very simaler nature and sence of humor people have often asked if we are brothers , dumb question realy as we dont look alike ??!!
Thanks.. no harm done! Been a fan of Lee's since the mid 90's. I'd love to hear some of the stories.. for sure. I for one appreciate your posts.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Protein is high(made up of chicken ,steak,fish and whey) , around 50-60grms grms per meal, and he is having 7 meals a day , meals, 1,2 3,4,5 - have carbs which are Oats and rice,while meals ,6,7 are mainly protien and salad or fiberous vegtables, you know brocilli, carrot, beans, lettice , tomatoe, cucumber etc , he also has flax seed oil in there for good fats, he is also having whey protein in the morning for meal one or sometimes egg whites (mood dependent), he is eating around 3200 cals per day, and uses products like l-carnitine (5grms) to aid fat moblisation--so it is much the same as every one elese(there is no magical formula) as it all comes down to the same old equation --Energy vs Energy out !!!

What other supplements is he taking?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Ok, lets see , Multi vit , vit c , b complex, glutamine ,ripped fuel, bcaa,s when he remembers--- ahh thats about it realy !!

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
I owe him money and I stole his DVD and Mobile Phone, so he keeps in touch !!!

Funny !!!!

Lee or HRDCOR---------will lee still be using heavy weights or will he lighten up the poundages as he gets closer to March 4th ?   Thank you !

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Lee still trys to lift as heavy as possible in the 8 to 15 rep range, but as his bodyfat gets lower so does the strength, some days he will be full on and strong , next day he may be slightly down and tired , you know the usual stufff that goes on through out the dieting process , also lee trains instinctivly so he will vary the reps and weights from day to day !!

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Lee still trys to lift as heavy as possible in the 8 to 15 rep range, but as his bodyfat gets lower so does the strength, some days he will be full on and strong , next day he may be slightly down and tired , you know the usual stufff that goes on through out the dieting process , also lee trains instinctivly so he will vary the reps and weights from day to day !!

Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!  Good luck to Lee at the Arnold !!! :)

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Ok, lets see , Multi vit , vit c , b complex, glutamine ,ripped fuel, bcaa,s when he remembers--- ahh thats about it realy !!

Does he ever cheat when he's dieting seriously?

Jake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
First off a big congratulations to the Ironman win you looked great.
Since you have always been upfront with what you have used gear wise would you care to tell us what you were on leading up to this contest and do you run your gear all the way up to the show or do you cut it out some weeks before? If Lee doesn´t want to reply maybe HRDCOR could give us some info

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Thanks to my buddy lee I have been flown all over the states to  pro shows,expos, drag meets ,I get the best seats ,I get the best acommidation ,free supplements,I met Arnold, Joe Gold, Tom Platz and to be honest just about any other legend out there you care to mention, all thanks to Lee.

This is the one with cars right?  hehe

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
This is the one with cars right?  hehe

Oh no...wait till sarcasm to gets ahold of this one!!!

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Does he ever cheat when he's dieting seriously?

In the early stages he sometimes gives into temptation and grabs a ice cream or something , but he has one cheat day a week up to about 4 weeks out, then it goes to one cheat meal for  2 weeks out ,then there is none , between the ironman and the Aussie show he will most likely only have a cheat meal after each, he may grab a low fat youghurt ice cream here or there but that will be it !!

Posted by: Jake  Posted on: Today at 07:49:30 AM 
Insert Quote 
First off a big congratulations to the Ironman win you looked great.
Since you have always been upfront with what you have used gear wise would you care to tell us what you were on leading up to this contest and do you run your gear all the way up to the show or do you cut it out some weeks before? If Lee doesn´t want to reply maybe HRDCOR could give us some info

Jake I dont think we will answer that at this stage not with the shows pending and all but just let me say it is stuff all he uses , I tried to get him to try some new stuff and he said  Nah , dont need to do I, I look alright with just this , I had to agree !!

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Sorry hardcore, i know i'm being a pain, but, how much water does he take in a day?  Also, does he take any l-carnitine or ALA? and lastly, does he take anything in particular before or after his workouts?  Thanks bro, i really appreciate your time.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Lee, can u please tell me if you think it's worth it for a natural bodybuilder to take NO2 ( l-arginine ).  Do you think it's a waste of money taking an NO2 pre workout drink and then creatine drink after my workout?

Melga

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Mr. Priest, Congrats for the Ironman. The ( At last!) obvious winner!

A quick question: A very well known Bodybuilder came to a seminar here ( one of the big german ones) and said that to do a good carb-up without retaining much water was doing it with baked potatoes. He said that potatoes, and not rice, helped to flush more water out in car up. Is that true? What do you think?

Thank you very much

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
How about you, hardcore, haven't heard from u in a while.  Can you answer for Lee?