Author Topic: Bill Cosby Sued For Alleged Sexual Assault of Teenager in 1970s  (Read 1054 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Bill Cosby Sued For Alleged Sexual Assault of Teenager in 1970s
« on: December 03, 2014, 04:13:13 PM »
I don't know if any of these allegations against Cosby are true, but there is something inherently wrong with someone filing a lawsuit forty years after an alleged sexual assault, and then only after people have started to pile on. 

Bill Cosby Sued For Alleged Sexual Assault of Teenager in 1970s
BY MARIA ELENA FERNANDEZ AND ANDREW BLANKSTEIN

A 55-year-old woman sued comedian Bill Cosby on Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court claiming sexual battery and infliction of emotional distress for allegedly molesting her in a bedroom at the Playboy Mansion when she was 15 years old.

According to the complaint, Judy Huth and a friend, who was 16 at the time, met Cosby at an outdoor film set at Lacy Park in Los Angeles County in 1974 and accepted an invitation to socialize with him at a tennis club the following week. When they got together, the lawsuit alleges, they played billiards and Cosby served them alcoholic beverages.

"Under the terms of Cosby's game, plaintiff was required to consume a beer every time Cosby won a game," the suit alleges. After the two girls consumed "multiple alcoholic beverages," Cosby allegedly told them he had a surprise for them "and led them to another house which turned out to be the Playboy Mansion."

He told the girls they should say they were 19 if they were asked, according to the lawsuit.

While at the mansion, Huth said she needed to use the bathroom. Cosby, who was 37 at the time, allegedly showed her to a bathroom inside a bedroom suite near the mansion's game room.

"When Plaintiff emerged from the bathroom, she found COSBY sitting on the bed," the suit states. "He asked her to sit beside him. He then proceeded to sexually molest her by attempting to put his hand down her pants, and then taking her hand in his hand and performing a sex act on himself without her consent."

Huth stated in the complaint that the "traumatic incident" left her psychologically and emotionally scarred, but only recently did she realize why she was so damaged. She said she "suffered damages that are substantial and continuing."

In recent weeks, 20 other women have come forward to accuse Cosby of sexual assault — charges which began to surface a decade ago when the former director of operations for Temple's women's basketball team sued him for drugging her and assaulting her in 2004.

The comedian has not been criminally charged and many of the claims are so old, they are barred by statutes of limitations.

Huth's lawsuit, however, contends that she became aware of the serious effect the abuse had on her within the past three years. California law allows victims of sex abuse when they were minors to bring a claim after adulthood if they discover later in life that they suffered psychological injuries as a result of the abuse.

An attorney for Cosby had no immediate comment when contacted by NBC News. He has denounced previous allegations as unfounded. A representative for Playboy did not return requests for comment.

http://www.guy-1970s-n260366

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Bill Cosby Sued For Alleged Sexual Assault of Teenager in 1970s
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 08:31:06 PM »
I don't know if any of these allegations against Cosby are true,

LOL occum's razor and whatnot.  He's guilty as hermann cain.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 11:22:58 AM »
 ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »
He is definitely got the Bill clintoon thing going - he is a pig

and a 95er Obamabot

F him

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 11:50:29 AM »
I think he was screwing around, but rape?  I doubt it.  And no way should people be filing lawsuits about something that allegedly happened forty years ago.  Ridiculous.  This has Gloria Allred written all over it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 11:51:42 AM »
I think he was screwing around, but rape?  I doubt it.  And no way should people be filing lawsuits about something that allegedly happened forty years ago.  Ridiculous.  This has Gloria Allred written all over it. 

Same as a church scandal. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 12:55:50 PM »
Male model claims he helped friend escape Bill Cosby’s apartment ("appeared to be drugged")
NY Daily News ^  | December 03, 2014 | Meg Wagner

Posted on ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2014‎ ‎2‎:‎58‎:‎07‎ ‎PM by Ken H

A male model saved his female friend from a disastrous 1984 night with Bill Cosby when, he claimed, he found her incoherent and "messed up" inside the star's Manhattan brownstone.

Tony Hogue said he helped a booker at his modeling agency escape from the comedian's apartment after she appeared to be drugged that September. Both were visiting from Denver for Fashion Week.

The unidentified woman later became one of 12 Jane Does in a 2005 sexual assault case against Cosby.

(Excerpt) Read more at nydailynews.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
Thirty years ago?  That is so wrong.  Sound like a bunch of opportunists. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »
I'll never wear a sweater again.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 01:08:08 PM »
Thirty years ago?  That is so wrong.  Sound like a bunch of opportunists. 

My bet is that they all had something to lose by making those claims back then and probably felt like they would have a hard time proving a rape etc - not that the thug Cosby did it or not. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
My bet is that they all had something to lose by making those claims back then and probably felt like they would have a hard time proving a rape etc - not that the thug Cosby did it or not. 

Or maybe they weren't raped at all?  I think it's plausible that a few women would be afraid to come forward, but eighteen?  I doubt they were all raped and were all afraid to report it to the police.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
Cosby strikes back at accuser: She tried to extort him
 Maria Puente, USA TODAY
December 5, 2014

Bill Cosby's lawyers have struck back at one of his accusers in court, declaring that she tried to extort him for a quarter-million dollars and that she attempted to sell her story to a tabloid a decade ago.

If so, it would undermine the lawsuit Judy Huth filed against Cosby on Tuesday in California, claiming he molested her at the Playboy Mansion 40 years ago when she was 15.

In a court filing Thursday by Cosby's attorney, Martin Singer, is seeking dismissal of Huth's lawsuit and monetary damages, according to The Associated Press.

He wrote that her suit was filed only after she tried to extort $100,000, from Cosby, in exchange for her silence, a month ago. Later she bumped it up to $250,000 as more women came forward recently to allege Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted them in decades past, according to the filing.

A California woman has become the latest alleged victim to say she was sexually assaulted by comedian Bill Cosby. A lawsuit she filed against him is the latest fallout after weeks of controversy and at least accusations against him.

TMZ reports that Cosby's filing claims Huth tried to sell her story to the tabloids around 10 years ago but none agreed to pay.

If true, this would be crucial because Huth's lawsuit stated she only recently discovered that she had suffered psychological damage as a result of the alleged molestation.

As a minor at the time, under California law, she would have to file a lawsuit seeking compensation from Cosby within three years of remembering the incident and connecting it to her trauma.

If she was trying to sell her story 10 years ago, that would fall far outside the deadline of "connecting the dots."

Also, Huth's lawsuit was not accompanied by a required certification from a psychologist that the trauma was newly discovered. The certification is required for the case to proceed under rules that extend the statute of limitations, Cosby's filing states.

Meanwhile, in another blow to Cosby's image, the U.S. Navy announced Thursday it was revoking the entertainment icon's honorary title of chief petty officer, presented to him in 2011, because the multiplying allegations of sexual abuse conflict with the Navy's core values.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/12/04/cosby-strikes-back-at-accuser-she-tried-to-extort-him/19907997/