Author Topic: Are pitbulls the most dangerous breed?  (Read 27632 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Are pitbulls the most dangerous breed?
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2015, 06:09:03 AM »
I'm talking dogs in general. I'm a tad biased about Pit Bulls. When I read articles where a man comes home to find his wife torn apart from the pit bulls they raised as puppies with no inclination there were mistreated or trained to fight it causes me concern. It's not an isolated incident. I think there are pit bulls that are out there that are harmless, but when things go bad with a pit, they go really really bad so I personally wouldn't take that chance. I fully admit my position is likely biased based on my experiences with them and the news I've watched over the years.   
Here is where these "tear jerker" stories fail to mention. Have you seen the way people raise their children today? And their dogs? I've seen pits, Dobermans, retrievers, water dogs, etc, whose owners are better off with mice or a pet rock. And then when they have kids, they raise their kids in a similar way. The dogs are out of control or are allowed to buck authority, and so are children.

As I said before, before it was Rotts and Dobermans, and before that German Shepards. Those were the "scary breeds".

Pitbulls didn't get their "Jaws" status until the late 80s. And then all these articles were on them. And because they are "bad dogs", bad people wanted to own them.

No dog is harmless. That is the problem with humans, we think that since we breed cutesy dogs, that they are harmless. We believe that since we have raised a dog from a puppy that they are harmless. Many dogs have mental issues---some due to genetics, due to their breeding. Dogs are mutants, creates by man not nature. And as such, they will have problems and issues that would have been sorted out by nature.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2015, 06:14:14 AM »
its a better dog than its american cousin
whats your point it was initially bred for baiting now its bred for handicaps
English Staffys were breed for the same reason. And so were Bull Terriers. Bull Terriers were not as good at it. One could say that the English Staffy is the progenitor of the American Pit Bull. Same brick like head, same thick neck, eyes, mouth, muscular body. Except,  the American is slightly scaled up.
It could be said that without the English Staffy, there would be no American version.

I don't think the Brits outlaw their own dog breeds (that I have mentioned), which were breed to be fighting dogs, but the American breed has been banned. Think about that for a moment. Does that even make sense?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2015, 06:17:40 AM »

I don't think the Brits outlaw their own dog breeds, which were breed to be fighting dogs, but the American breed has been banned. Think about that for a moment. Does that even make sense?
its not the same dog

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2015, 06:24:35 AM »
its not the same dog
Phenotypically, you have pits that look just like English Staffys.
As as matter of fact, since Pits are banned in the UK, shady folks try and get their fighting pits registered as English Staffys.

Since pits are a working breed, many a breeder doesn't  adhere much to a breed standard, that the UKC has set. The AKC doesn't recognize the Pit Bull as a breed, but recognizes the Americsn Staffy as a breed. The American Staffy is a show breed, and adheres more to a breed standard.

Many a pit bull looks like a hound dog, but classic Pit Bull look, adheres more to the look of the English Staffy.
Not the same dog, but one can say that the English Staffy is the progenitor in terms of genetics and aesthetics.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2015, 08:28:19 AM »
These discussions are like religious or political discussions. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2015, 08:29:14 AM »
These discussions are like religious or political discussions. :D

Everybody knows that the most dangerous breed is humans.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2015, 08:49:50 AM »
If I ever decide to own a dog, I am going to buy a yorkie.  :D :D

X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2015, 09:08:30 AM »

I have two... they won't tear my face off but they will take over my pillow when I get up to go to the bathroom at night...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2015, 09:12:13 AM »
I have two... they won't tear my face off but they will take over my pillow when I get up to go to the bathroom at night...

They are very cute dogs :-)

If I was going to own a bigger dog, Id get a labrador retriever.

X

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2015, 09:15:22 AM »
Phenotypically, you have pits that look just like English Staffys.
As as matter of fact, since Pits are banned in the UK, shady folks try and get their fighting pits registered as English Staffys.

Since pits are a working breed, many a breeder doesn't  adhere much to a breed standard, that the UKC has set. The AKC doesn't recognize the Pit Bull as a breed, but recognizes the Americsn Staffy as a breed. The American Staffy is a show breed, and adheres more to a breed standard.

Many a pit bull looks like a hound dog, but classic Pit Bull look, adheres more to the look of the English Staffy.
Not the same dog, but one can say that the English Staffy is the progenitor in terms of genetics and aesthetics.

Don't Forget the American Dog Breeders Association.

Quote form ADBA web site. 7/15/2013

With the announcement that the United Kennel Club (UKC) has now added the American Bully to its list of recognized breeds, effective July 15, 2013, and with their statement “It is undeniable that there are UKC registered American Pit Bull Terriers that more closely meet the American Bully breed standard. APBT owners who would prefer to have their dog(s) registered as American Bullys may request to change their dog's breed designation by using the breed transfer form also located on the UKC website.” and “The American Bully, whose foundation stock is undeniably the American Pit Bull Terrier, was also developed by blending in stock from other bull breeds.”  they have basically admitted that their American Pit Bull Terrier studbook has been compromised.

It is my belief that the the only true American Pit Bull Terriers are those registered by the ADBA.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2015, 09:21:51 AM »

It could gnaw off your cock while you sleep.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2015, 09:32:04 AM »
Too many foster children out there need homes... but I'm not going to think less of someone that has a baby of their own...

Buying dogs is idiotic and just adds to the compounding problem (not to mention the ethical issues about dog breeding). Totally different than having your own kid and you know it. You paid for a dog huh?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2015, 09:38:25 AM »
Buying dogs is idiotic and just adds to the compounding problem (not to mention the ethical issues about dog breeding). Totally different than having your own kid and you know it. You paid for a dog huh?

Yeah.. the Yorkie Rescue placed charged me $125 to cover their costs.. so yep.. paid for my dog

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »

Don't Forget the American Dog Breeders Association.

Quote form ADBA web site. 7/15/2013

With the announcement that the United Kennel Club (UKC) has now added the American Bully to its list of recognized breeds, effective July 15, 2013, and with their statement “It is undeniable that there are UKC registered American Pit Bull Terriers that more closely meet the American Bully breed standard. APBT owners who would prefer to have their dog(s) registered as American Bullys may request to change their dog's breed designation by using the breed transfer form also located on the UKC website.” and “The American Bully, whose foundation stock is undeniably the American Pit Bull Terrier, was also developed by blending in stock from other bull breeds.”  they have basically admitted that their American Pit Bull Terrier studbook has been compromised.

It is my belief that the the only true American Pit Bull Terriers are those registered by the ADBA.

American Bullys look weird, not agile--front legs too wide apart, and like they have breathing problems. The front half looks too big for the middle and rear. Neck and head too big for the front legs. And with wide stance, they have this image of almost toppling over.

They look like bodybuilders...unathleti c ones.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2015, 12:14:30 PM »
Yeah.. the Yorkie Rescue placed charged me $125 to cover their costs.. so yep.. paid for my dog

Good man. Thats what i paid each at the pound as well. My asshole friend paid like 5k and had his bred and imported from another state-picked it up at the airport where it was flown in for him, like a total suburban doofus. I gave him shit for about a year.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »
Good man. Thats what i paid each at the pound as well. My asshole friend paid like 5k and had his bred and imported from another state-picked it up at the airport where it was flown in for him, like a total suburban doofus. I gave him shit for about a year.
Know someone that did this with 3 of them. More money than brains.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »
Yeah it does. Too many dogs out there that need homes. Why pay for one, and create even more unwanted animals at the same time?

"But mommy, i want a brand new cute puppy!"....lol

LOL, ok

if you can find an un-neutered Rottie with schutzhund (bite sport) national champion lineage in a shelter I'll adopt it in a flash but good luck with that.

dogs like mine never end up in the shelter because Hebrews and other poor people cant afford them (and no way am I ever owning a castrated dog, that's the worst possible thing to do to a working animal unless you want to make it insecure, skittish and much more dangerous)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2015, 01:23:40 PM »
LOL, ok

if you can find an un-neutered Rottie with schutzhund (bite sport) national champion lineage in a shelter I'll adopt it in a flash but good luck with that.

dogs like mine never end up in the shelter because Hebrews and other poor people cant afford them (and no way am I ever owning a castrated dog, that's the worst possible thing to do to a working animal unless you want to make it insecure, skittish and much more dangerous)

Right, so your the problem we are all talking about. lol what responsible pet owner doesnt neuter his dog? Come on bro, thats why the shelters are full of dogs. I can see allowing it if u never intend to have it off a leash around other animals, but thats what all people "say" they are gonna do. Next thing u know, a dog 3 houses down has 8 pups and 6 of those end up at a shelter once the family "moves" or "it snapped at my kid" or "it pees in my house" or the billion other fake excuses i hear at the shelter when people drop off an animal and pawn the responsibility off on someone else. Its a never ending cycle of stupidity . There are tons of "neutered" maLe dogs that get put down or never adopted at the shelter cuz some douche with a complex doesnt want a dog without balls...dont get me started on how twisted that shit is

Just about as weird and twisted as ordering a certain specific breed for a certain look. Dogs aint fashion accessories, hence why thugs end up with pits in the first place. Its backward logic and is just as bad as a thugs logic for wanting a specific dog. No one is impressed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2015, 01:29:45 PM »
It could gnaw off your cock while you sleep.

haha lol. Yorkies are awesome!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2015, 01:31:01 PM »

Post some pics of your yorkies, broskie.  :) :)
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2015, 01:42:46 PM »
Something is clearly going on here. You can't just ignore the evidence. Is this man's doing? Did man create a more aggressive animal

Damn, in 2015, 3 deaths by pitbullls already.

Eugene Smith
87-years old | Frederick, MD
Eugene Smith, 87-years old, was fatally attacked by his family pit bull while taking down his Christmas tree. The dog was still viciously attacking him when Frederick County deputies.

Declan Moss
18-months old | Brooksville, FL
Declan Moss, 18-months old, was mauled to death by two family pit bull-mixes.

Malaki Mildward
7-years old | College Springs, IA
Malaki Mildward, 7-years old, was viciously killed by two 8 or 9-month old pit bull-mixes while playing in his yard. There were two adult pit bulls, a male and female, also living at the home, but were inside during the attack.

A review of 82 dog bite cases at a level 1 trauma center where the breed of dog was identified concludes that attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs. Bini, John K. MD; Cohn, Stephen M. MD; Acosta, Shirley M. RN, BSN; McFarland, Marilyn J. RN, MS; Muir, Mark T. MD; Michalek, Joel E. PhD; for the TRISAT Clinical Trials Group, Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs, Annals of Surgery (April 2011, Vol. 253, Issue 4, pp. 791–797).

Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, has conducted an unusually detailed study of dog bites from 1982 to the present. (Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.) The Clifton study show the number of serious canine-inflicted injuries by breed. The author's observations about the breeds and generally how to deal with the dangerous dog problem are enlightening. According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

As of May 25, 2013, the USA death count from dogs in 2013 is 14. Of these, 13 people were killed by pit bulls. In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers: "Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992.

Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through 1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about halfof human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993through 1996.

There is a persistent allegation by pit bull terrier advocates that pit bulls are overrepresented among reported dog attack deaths and maimings because of misidentifications or because “pit bull” is, according to them, a generic term covering several similar types of dog. However, the frequency of pit bull attacks among these worst-in-10,000 cases is so disproportionate that even if half of the attacks in the pit bull category were misattributed, or even if the pit bull category was split three ways, attacks by pit bulls and their closest relatives would still outnumber attacks by any other breed.

The Top 5 Dog Breeds Involved in Fatal Attacks on Humans in the United States & Canada
     Dog Breed    Fatal Attacks    Percentage of all Fatal Attacks    Attacks Causing Injuries
1    Pit Bull    233 deaths                    45.4%                                       2,235 attacks  

X

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2015, 02:01:15 PM »
Something is clearly going on here. You can't just ignore the evidence. Is this man's doing? Did man create a more aggressive animal

Damn, in 2015, 3 deaths by pitbullls already.

Eugene Smith
87-years old | Frederick, MD
Eugene Smith, 87-years old, was fatally attacked by his family pit bull while taking down his Christmas tree. The dog was still viciously attacking him when Frederick County deputies.

Declan Moss
18-months old | Brooksville, FL
Declan Moss, 18-months old, was mauled to death by two family pit bull-mixes.

Malaki Mildward
7-years old | College Springs, IA
Malaki Mildward, 7-years old, was viciously killed by two 8 or 9-month old pit bull-mixes while playing in his yard. There were two adult pit bulls, a male and female, also living at the home, but were inside during the attack.

A review of 82 dog bite cases at a level 1 trauma center where the breed of dog was identified concludes that attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs. Bini, John K. MD; Cohn, Stephen M. MD; Acosta, Shirley M. RN, BSN; McFarland, Marilyn J. RN, MS; Muir, Mark T. MD; Michalek, Joel E. PhD; for the TRISAT Clinical Trials Group, Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs, Annals of Surgery (April 2011, Vol. 253, Issue 4, pp. 791–797).

Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, has conducted an unusually detailed study of dog bites from 1982 to the present. (Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.) The Clifton study show the number of serious canine-inflicted injuries by breed. The author's observations about the breeds and generally how to deal with the dangerous dog problem are enlightening. According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

As of May 25, 2013, the USA death count from dogs in 2013 is 14. Of these, 13 people were killed by pit bulls. In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers: "Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992.

Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through 1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about halfof human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993through 1996.

There is a persistent allegation by pit bull terrier advocates that pit bulls are overrepresented among reported dog attack deaths and maimings because of misidentifications or because “pit bull” is, according to them, a generic term covering several similar types of dog. However, the frequency of pit bull attacks among these worst-in-10,000 cases is so disproportionate that even if half of the attacks in the pit bull category were misattributed, or even if the pit bull category was split three ways, attacks by pit bulls and their closest relatives would still outnumber attacks by any other breed.

The Top 5 Dog Breeds Involved in Fatal Attacks on Humans in the United States & Canada
     Dog Breed    Fatal Attacks    Percentage of all Fatal Attacks    Attacks Causing Injuries
1    Pit Bull    233 deaths                    45.4%                                       2,235 attacks  

No question there is somethin goin on with pits. Howver, the one where some husband comes home and finds dogs eating his wife or the guy who taking down his xmas tree, there is something up that doesnt make sense. There had to have been signs, maybe the dog was off, was beaten by the owner...etc. my dogs are well adjusted and I know them...like really know them. They are family members. I just dont buy the "it was totally loving, then one day i came home and it ripped my wifes face off as she slept"...that doesnt add up. Either incredibly niave people or sometthin else. Not sure

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2015, 02:05:09 PM »
No question there is somethin goin on with pits. Howver, the one where some husband comes home and finds dogs eating his wife or the guy who taking down his xmas tree, there is something up that doesnt make sense. There had to have been signs, maybe the dog was off, was beaten by the owner...etc. my dogs are well adjusted and I know them...like really know them. They are family members. I just dont buy the "it was totally loving, then one day i came home and it ripped my wifes face off as she slept"...that doesnt add up. Either incredibly niave people or sometthin else. Not sure

But what about the 2 stories above where 2 little children were killed by pitbulls? I doubt these families were treating them badly, unless they had a history of abuse. Who knows. There is enough evidence to suggest that either pitbulls are more aggressive by nature or man really screwed up their genetic makeup by making them more aggressive. Or maybe its both.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
But what about the 2 stories above where 2 little children were killed by pitbulls? I doubt these families were treating them badly, unless they had a history of abuse. Who knows. There is enough evidence to suggest that either pitbulls are more aggressive by nature or man really screwed up their genetic makeup by making them more aggressive. Or maybe its both.
Yet if we change the word pitbull with a human race it becomes a socioeconomic problem, right? ::)
Trolling again? Lame
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!