Author Topic: 420 4 sets 20 reps  (Read 14709 times)

kevthekid

• Getbig III
Re: 420 4 sets 20 reps
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 01:23:50 PM »
Making pretty good solid gains. I do the exact same thing you do for legs and They've grown like crazy. I always do sets of 20 for legs, shoulders, and mix it into arm day and I always do 12-15 reps for chest and back. My body responds the best this way

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »
I've been going heavier on squats and doing heavy ass deadlifts as low as 4 reps but slow and exaggerated squeezes to make me fail but considerably heavier weights that 20 rep weights for squats same volume workouts just different rep schemes also added heavy barbell walking lunges so fucking hard to do those after squats, deads, leg press , then walking bbell lunge up to these it takes a good 35 mins I can't rush through all those sets and use good weights but I can try this really works my lungs . Then the last 5 mins of workouts are calve raises of some sort super settled with leg extensions of some sort or sissy squats and a leg curl 4 sets non fucking stop pump the shit up and leave

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 06:15:13 PM »
I've been going heavier on squats and doing heavy ass deadlifts as low as 4 reps but slow and exaggerated squeezes to make me fail but considerably heavier weights that 20 rep weights for squats same volume workouts just different rep schemes also added heavy barbell walking lunges so fucking hard to do those after squats, deads, leg press , then walking bbell lunge up to these it takes a good 35 mins I can't rush through all those sets and use good weights but I can try this really works my lungs . Then the last 5 mins of workouts are calve raises of some sort super settled with leg extensions of some sort or sissy squats and a leg curl 4 sets non fucking stop pump the shit up and leave

Yeah I do pretty much exact same thing except I don't squat anymore. My right knee always locks up doing heavy weight and when I do light weight I always get naseous and light headed after the first 2 or 3 sets. I don't know why it happens it just does I'll drink a lot of water or have a good meal before I lift and still same thing happens. Squats are a lost cause for me I just stick to the leg press lunges extensions and sumo squats

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 02:54:55 PM »
Almost exact same thing accept the best part about my workout is squats

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 08:21:11 AM »
A higher rep range (12-20 and even beyond) have worked like magic for a lot of guy's. Best for me seems to be 18-25 reps in partial compound movements, like squats, hack BB squats, Dl's, Hi-pulls and shrugs, to name a few. Even bent arm pullovers have proven to be one of the better upper body movements, surprising  giving mass and strength, and rather quickly. For me anyway. For others, maybe not. We are not created equal when it comes to results (or failures) when lifting.

The most outrageous gains made, when starting to train with serious intent, was the heavy 20 rep breathing full squat. Followed by a set of pullovers right after. Two such sets usually had me fried  for the rest of the workout.  An example might be taking a weight you can do for 10 good reps (say 300 for the average lifter) and extend that to 20 reps in the same set. Stating with taking 3 deep breaths between each rep. getting to the 16-18 rep you may be breathing like a steam engine, wondering where your next breath will come from. Got me in the best shape for football, and with greatly improved stamina (strength plus endurance). Gain a bit above 20lbs also. All old school stuff...of course.

Good luck.

F

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »
When I was natty 8-10 reps worked for me now I do 12-15 on the juice which works better for me now. All I chase is the pump which makes me grow the most. Strength will come gradually im not worried about that at all

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:39 PM »
A higher rep range (12-20 and even beyond) have worked like magic for a lot of guy's. Best for me seems to be 18-25 reps in partial compound movements, like squats, hack BB squats, Dl's, Hi-pulls and shrugs, to name a few. Even bent arm pullovers have proven to be one of the better upper body movements, surprising  giving mass and strength, and rather quickly. For me anyway. For others, maybe not. We are not created equal when it comes to results (or failures) when lifting.

The most outrageous gains made, when starting to train with serious intent, was the heavy 20 rep breathing full squat. Followed by a set of pullovers right after. Two such sets usually had me fried  for the rest of the workout.  An example might be taking a weight you can do for 10 good reps (say 300 for the average lifter) and extend that to 20 reps in the same set. Stating with taking 3 deep breaths between each rep. getting to the 16-18 rep you may be breathing like a steam engine, wondering where your next breath will come from. Got me in the best shape for football, and with greatly improved stamina (strength plus endurance). Gain a bit above 20lbs also. All old school stuff...of course.

Good luck.

Did this yesterday accept small twist we did real wide stanced squats to focus on ham and glute did 10reps then next 10 squatted to a bench partner pushes up like a box squat sit back slowly, breathe rock forward and explode upwards was cool..
Also I have been watching ergos vids on you tube and I have been slowing down all my reps controlling negatives and exploding controlled on the up strokes I do this to failure on the last sets and use different techniques to work passed failure on a cable machine some times depending i excersize choices keepng same routine but adapting this controlled lifting technique have done 2 workouts for all body like this accept legs and back twice like this and I see results better pump and don't have to use as heavy of a weight accept im strong as of lately. Incline bench lressed 275lbs in this controlled manner for 12 today and I look better

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 06:49:23 PM »
This is getting a bump as we are
4/20

I bet the op is a major pot head to do this style of training...
?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 11:44:50 AM »
Damn straight lol

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
Been doing 4 sets one of around 20 reps then 15, 12, 8-10ish aiming at failure or just before failure some times include drop sets same routines excersizes schemese blah blah schedule and every thing changing reps and weights getting better squeezes and pumps joints feel better now but that could b my supplementation choices😎💪 feeling strong looking leaner 215 lbs now update pic trying to look my best even on about 2gs of wet compounds

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »
Updated pic ???