Author Topic: Meeting pros/celebrities  (Read 12218 times)

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Re: Meeting pros/celebrities
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 07:28:51 AM »
Used to do close protection work for VIPs many moons ago. Met all the Stones, ACDC, Ben Harper, Smashing Pumpkins, MJ, Neil Diamond, Foos, etc etc. All good, Diamond stood out as just a humble and really professional genuinely cool guy. MJ was cool too like a big kid, eccentric for sure and way taller than expected). Carlos Santana, very cool (and an idol of mine anyhow). Worked for some super rich corporate types and political figures. Mostly fine to work for and despite some of them having nasty reputations found them very diff to their media depictions. However did find out that some peeps who had really good press and were apparently the nicest peeps were in fact the shits. One political figure springs to mind (I wont name and who has since fallen from grace) was one of the worst of them. He actually said to me when I very politely asked that he get his chaffeur to move his car two yards 'dont u know who I am' jumped up little prick.

any stories on Keef?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 08:31:01 AM »
its funny because the guys that supposed to be total assholes and bad asses r the ones who r the nicest in person,when i met UFC HALL OF FAMER TANK ABBOTT at the trump plaza bar in atlantic city back in 2005 he was the nicest friggin guy u could ever meet,straight up. i was shocked cause i saw him at the bar i was expecting him to say something like go fuck yourself or punch me in th jaw or something, but he was soft spoken and super freindly and let me take all the pics i wanted.so was tito ortiz,i was sitting in the V.I.P. WITH HIM AND DANA WHITE IN hooters in manhatten back in 2001 and tito was the freindliest guy u could hope to meet.i got some pics but u guys prolly seen them already since i posted them on the MMA section

He must have been sober because when he's drunk he's a dick. I've said this before, he's a mean drunk and has been 86'd out of almost every bar in HB. This was a few years back.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 08:50:43 AM »
Met Robert Horry at my college graduation, great guy and huge in person.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »
I have too many to list.  Here's a few....

In 2003 I saw Jodie Foster with her wife at Nate and Al's around the corner from Rodeo Dr.  She was a miserable bitch.  Hideous without makeup, large dark circles under her eyes.

Met Will Smith in a Philly recording studio in the late early 90's.  He was recording the "Summertime" track.  Super nice guy, at least back then he was.

One time during the late 90's I was on a flight from LA to NY.  Right before the plane departed, Sigourney Weaver sat down right down next to me... I almost shat my pants.  She was polite and very cordial with people around her.  When the plane took off she put on her Bose headphones and kept to herself reading a book.

On a flight out of San Diego in 2003 Ladainian Tomlinson was seated directly in front of me with his wife (wearing very large diamonds).  He said nothing the whole flight.  He had the filet for dinner and did not eat the cheesecake.

Rimstinger

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »
Do pros count as celebrities  ???

They are as famous as the balloon knot of a Moroccan goat herding in the atlas mountains.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 09:15:11 AM »
Met a lot of authors over the years. It'd probably be easier to note the few I haven't met, rather than listing all those I have. All were pleasant, and mostly accommodating. No surprises, there, given that they were selling stuff. Except, for Peter Carey. Bit of a dick. 

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »
No stories on Keith - but Stones all seemed like very cool types. All very gentlemanly - Mick Jagger really nice guy. Couldn't fault them.
Keeping in mind I only really had a snapshot of these people - I got to see them interacting with their people etc and on the whole no problems. Didn't see any real diva issues. Michael Jackson's backing group and dancers were very cool - I remember assisting one of his dancers to stretch backstage - she was pretty amazing and she knew it. But no one seemed to have any attitude. His two personal fulltime bodyguards were really cool guys - this was before any of the allegations had come out publicly so he was still the man to me. There was definately something about him - not a big fan but he was 'a legend' in person so I felt quite lucky to get to meet him. I did have a friend who lived with him for about half a year and while she never said anything bad about him she did say (and again before all the bad stuff came out) that he was not the person she thought he was - got a very negative vibe from her - and basically never spoke of him again. But that could be anything - but she was a real genuine person so I'm guessing she saw stuff that didn't sit right - this was in the mid/late 80s.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 10:16:28 AM »
Any old-time PKA fans remember this guy? Met him at a tournament in Beverly Hills, totally incognito, layin' low. Fucker signed his name Wallas. I still have it, and for the life of me, can't figure out why he did that.

Just fucking with a little kid?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 10:24:56 AM »

Good luck.

He's the definition of "beast".

Looks like he's going to be on the receiving end of a spit roast by these other two gentlemen.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »
I know Conor McGregor personally, Irelands a small place, haven't spoke in person since he joined the UFC, he's exactly like you see on tv, funny, cocky in a good way and a decent fella.
Regarding the Branch Warren incident, me at only 5'11 towered over him

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 10:26:23 AM »
Met lots of 80s rockers, most were cool, with one exception. My buddies and I were extras in Motley's "Smokin' in the Boys Room" video, so we met all four. Talked to Vince for hours, who was friendly enough, if a little disinterested. He'd just killed his friend, so he was sober and mellow and pretty much just humored us.

Tommy was friendly as hell, but probably high as a kite. Mick said hi then disappeared, but we weren't really interested in Mick. Nikki, though, was an arrogant, dismissive prick. Buddy extended his hand and the fucker just laughed at him, broke my boy's heart.

Did an Mtv interview that same day, going on and on about the fans this, the fans that, all about the fans, etc. Fucking phony.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 10:33:52 AM »
I've met a lot of famous people over the years and almost all of them were very nice and respectful.  The only guy I can think of that wasn't was NBA player Grant Hill.  He wasn't rude or anything.  He didn't really do anything wrong as such.  I introduced myself to him and told him I really liked his game.  He didn't really respond and he was kind of like yeah, whatever.  Maybe he just hates white people.   :D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 10:34:43 AM »
Dusty Baker was a dick, too. At least to a persistent nine year-old autograph hound. He was working some chick from the Dodgers' bullpen, and I asked him two or three times, but this was over fifteen/twenty minutes, while I'm missing the game.

Finally says, "Damn, kid," snatches my program, signs, and shoves it back. I shoulda tossed it back at him, but I was too stupid and starstruck to respond accordingly.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
If any old WASP fans remember this guy, I got plenty to tell. Otherwise, I'll just keep quiet.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 11:59:48 AM »
I've met a lot of famous actors and the common thing I realize is how short they really are in real life.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
Met Brutus the Barber Beefcake when I was 8 at an Auto Show, while he was still a popular Wrestler. I was really nervous and when I got up to him said "hey hows it goin" he didn't look up and just exhaled and said "ok, not bad". But when he was done signing I still nervous I for some reason forgot I didn't give him the sharpie to sign and that it was his, but I went to grab it out of his hand. He looked up and smiled and said 'hey that's my pen'. So for some reason that amused him. I felt like such a tool since that was the first "famous" person I'd ever met.

Years later I worked at a Toys R Us while in high school. Met Niki Taylor and Donnie Whalberg, both nice and polite. Worked at the mall during college and the lead singer from New Found Glory came into the store. He was quiet but the girls he was with kept looking at everyone as if to say "don't you know who this is?".

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 12:29:12 PM »
I have a place in a hotel complex in downtown Vancouver, because the downtown core is quite small, I've met many celebrities.

Springsteen (in Portland after an acoustic show) no joke, he talked to me for about 15 minutes while his guys kept trying to get him to leave.

Pacino- had a couple of beer with him when he was in town. A girlfriend was working on his movie. Al was very shy but nice...he bought.

Jason Statham - didn't know his name, called him transporter guy. He was quite funny. Did couple of shots...I bought.

Brooke Shields...mistook me for someone. Beautiful in person, also very friendly.

Jessica Biel - asked me to take a picture of her and her friend.

Steve Austin - Asked if he could sit with me while watching UFC. Very down to earth.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 12:29:50 PM »
If any old WASP fans remember this guy, I got plenty to tell. Otherwise, I'll just keep quiet.
CHRIS HOLMES..

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »
Yeah, but I'm not sure of the credentials of that educational website.
when i met dexter he was not friendly at all but i guess he was tired..looked like that

serge nubret was one cool mogo. Friendly and down to earth and hated joe weider alot

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »
I have a place in a hotel complex in downtown Vancouver, because the downtown core is quite small, I've met many celebrities.

Springsteen (in Portland after an acoustic show) no joke, he talked to me for about 15 minutes while his guys kept trying to get him to leave.

Pacino- had a couple of beer with him when he was in town. A girlfriend was working on his movie. Al was very shy but nice...he bought.

Jason Statham - didn't know his name, called him transporter guy. He was quite funny. Did couple of shots...I bought.

Brooke Shields...mistook me for someone. Beautiful in person, also very friendly.

Jessica Biel - asked me to take a picture of her and her friend.

Steve Austin - Asked if he could sit with me while watching UFC. Very down to earth.

8)

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »
One I do remember that was pretty neat. Spent the day looking after Vladimir Ashkenzy - my brief was basically to let him have his space and look after him while he was in my town. I'm a bit of a classical music buff so I was pretty overwhelmed - very quiet guy and had a very strong Russian accent so our conversation was a little stilted.
Anyways - he was performing that night and was basically going to practice on the stage in the theatre alone. I was asked to close the door and stand on the outside for about 6 hours. Through the door I could just hear him - and it was breathtaking  - just being able to hear such a master at work. After about an hour he came out and had a quiet walk around and as he went back in I asked if he would mind if I stood inside and listened. Being the virtuoso that he is he could easily have said no - but I thought it was worth a shot. He just looked at me and ushered me in - seemed intensely private and obviously practicing for impending concert really not wanting some douche like myself hanging about. Let me stay for best part of 5 hours. Honestly it was awesome - like being in a masterclass. Not too many people can ever say they've had that experience. Guess that is the closest I've come to being a schmoe!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 01:07:54 PM »
kobe bryants's bodyguards pulled a gun out on arce.

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »
Actually just thinking on it for a moment. The worst I've dealt with were the media personalities themselves - several very well known interviewers and news type anchor people. Pretty much a common trait amongst them all - thought they had a right to do anything they wanted and seemed to treat common folk with utter contempt or worse, with that exaggerated empathy bs in the spotlight but behind closed doors were just contemptuous unctious pricks.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2014, 01:16:24 PM »

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT CHIS HOLMES !!!

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »

YEAH... any stories about lita ford