Author Topic: Meeting pros/celebrities  (Read 12285 times)

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Meeting pros/celebrities
« on: December 08, 2014, 09:29:51 PM »
Anytime someone meets a pro athlete or celebrity the story is always the same "very cool guy, down to earth, nice to talk to, very down to earth".

I wanna know if anyone has ever met a pro or celebrity who was a batshit crazy asshole.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Meeting pros/celebrities
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:36:43 PM »
i play parties in naples, FL a lot.... spend time at the top resorts... I see people that I recognize, or those who are obviously famous, but I really don't care enough to chase them down or take selfies, etc.  Half the time, I don't know who it is... some bald tall wide pro athlete with a fine woman on his arms that just looks superhuman fine, always.  They'll have 5 people milling around them with those smile-too-hard looks.  I don't bother.   

I suppose if I was in an elevator with Lee Haney or Bob paris, I might chat a bit.   Older retired gents just passing the time.  But chasing one down asking for an autograph?   that's silly.  I'd walk right past a brad pitt.   I might see how much taller I am or see if he "makes a lane" for me, but aside from that, eh, nothing that exciting.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:44:08 PM »
I'm the biggest celebrity of them all.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
Dexter was extremely cool, as was PJ Braun, those are two of the biggest celebrities I know.

Met Stephen Seagull while out fishing and he was a real prick. I gave him some wrong advices as to hopefully ruin his fishing trip.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »
Anytime someone meets a pro athlete or celebrity the story is always the same "very cool guy, down to earth, nice to talk to, very down to earth".

I wanna know if anyone has ever met a pro or celebrity who was a batshit crazy asshole.

When I was working at the ABC entertainment center in 84 I trained Talia Shire (Rockys wife) and she was a raving bitch. So bad I walked away in the middle of the session and gave her to another trainer. When she asked what my problem was I told her because she was a bitch. She was a horrible women.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »
I've met several and yes most were cool but what stuck out most was how they never look the way you think. Like lead singer of Train lives by my office and I see him at this specialty store once in a while and we chatted while in line and dude is really small guy. For some reason I thought of him being taller.

Anyways, back in the Seattle Supersonic days was at a place near downtown getting my car detailed and when I walked in sitting there was Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp. They asked if I knew a good place to eat and I mentioned I was going to the Pho place a block down so we all went down.

Sitting there looking at the menu Gary would not stop talking about his cash flow and parties he went to and then started to talk shit about the staff. Finally Shaun interrupted his fucking vomit and asked about me and we chatted a bit. Gary would make little giggles and weird sounds and shit and just being plain rude and annoying as shit. Their girls showed up and they were polite (and damn fine btw) and we said our good byes.

Kemp offered to pay for my lunch but I didn't let him...I didn't even ask for an autograph as I was never really the star struck type. I think that's what bugged Gary all along... he wanted me to suck his Dick and beg for his autograph and I barely acknowledged him.

Kemp took my number said I should come through for a bbq ....still awaiting that call ;)

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 11:02:18 PM »
When I was working at the ABC entertainment center in 84 I trained Talia Shire (Rockys wife) and she was a raving bitch. So bad I walked away in the middle of the session and gave her to another trainer. When she asked what my problem was I told her because she was a bitch. She was a horrible women.

Do elaborate.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 11:12:56 PM »

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
Yeah it looks a little dodgy.
Hrmmm

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 11:24:03 PM »
Almost got in a row with branch warren at arnold europe two years ago,little prick in person just like his videos, hes no more than 5'4

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »
Several World,Olympic,International & national champs in my team  ;D
Everyone suck up to the boss/owner.  8)

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 12:44:29 AM »
Used to do close protection work for VIPs many moons ago. Met all the Stones, ACDC, Ben Harper, Smashing Pumpkins, MJ, Neil Diamond, Foos, etc etc. All good, Diamond stood out as just a humble and really professional genuinely cool guy. MJ was cool too like a big kid, eccentric for sure and way taller than expected). Carlos Santana, very cool (and an idol of mine anyhow). Worked for some super rich corporate types and political figures. Mostly fine to work for and despite some of them having nasty reputations found them very diff to their media depictions. However did find out that some peeps who had really good press and were apparently the nicest peeps were in fact the shits. One political figure springs to mind (I wont name and who has since fallen from grace) was one of the worst of them. He actually said to me when I very politely asked that he get his chaffeur to move his car two yards 'dont u know who I am' jumped up little prick.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »
Used to be a mgr at a toy store in the 90's and every couple of months stone cold steve austin would come by to buy toys .. I think he was donating the toys to a
Charity or some type of a make wish foundation.. he was a real nice person to talk and very courteous.. he would buy all types of his own wrestling figures.. this was when Austin 316 was at its peak. he was married to debra at the time and she was a real bitch..

David Robinson used to come by also at least once a month with his kids..
Never saw him buy anything.. and just made a mess.. was a real prick..
Would not talk to anybody.. even if you said hi.. he would just ignore you...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 01:14:20 AM »
i hit on iris parker

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 01:15:18 AM »
Almost got in a row with branch warren at arnold europe two years ago,little prick in person just like his videos, hes no more than 5'4

Good luck.

He's the definition of "beast".

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 01:23:48 AM »
i hit on iris parker

Wasn't she in The Crying Game?

afton

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 01:27:40 AM »
Dexter was extremely cool, as was PJ Braun, those are two of the biggest celebrities I know.

Met Stephen Seagull while out fishing and he was a real prick. I gave him some wrong advices as to hopefully ruin his fishing trip.
yea, absolutely agreed about Dexter  8)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 01:58:47 AM »
i would make a horrible celebrity since im sometimes in a good mood and sometimes im not, so i guess it would be like 50/50 chance which version of me you get  :D chances are if i had people bothering me all the time and you cant sit and have dinner with your girl without people want to take a selfie or even go to the bathroom mood would change from bad to worse pretty quickly...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 02:23:46 AM »

Wasn't she in The Crying Game?

ha, that was good one.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 02:27:44 AM »
met UFC HALL OF FAMER MATT HUGHES on a few different occasions and he was always a DICK,i still took a pic with him tho :D
R

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 02:47:47 AM »
Met Kaz and Ed Coan on the same day a few years back.
Kaz was a dick, Coan was a gentleman...

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 04:28:37 AM »
met UFC HALL OF FAMER MATT HUGHES on a few different occasions and he was always a DICK,i still took a pic with him tho :D

Hughes seems to be the Ferrigno of the mma world
Ive never read any positive stories fan interaction with him ever

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 04:31:18 AM »
yeah when you hear over and over again from different sources that someone is a prick theres a pretty good chance its true

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 05:05:48 AM »
I've met plenty of pro bodybuilders/ athletes/ celebrities. Between my line of work and the gym, can't say anyone was an asshole in my experiences.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 07:10:06 AM »
its funny because the guys that supposed to be total assholes and bad asses r the ones who r the nicest in person,when i met UFC HALL OF FAMER TANK ABBOTT at the trump plaza bar in atlantic city back in 2005 he was the nicest friggin guy u could ever meet,straight up. i was shocked cause i saw him at the bar i was expecting him to say something like go fuck yourself or punch me in th jaw or something, but he was soft spoken and super freindly and let me take all the pics i wanted.so was tito ortiz,i was sitting in the V.I.P. WITH HIM AND DANA WHITE IN hooters in manhatten back in 2001 and tito was the freindliest guy u could hope to meet.i got some pics but u guys prolly seen them already since i posted them on the MMA section
R