Author Topic: Can someone please explain to me why Ohio State is more deserving than TCU??  (Read 16680 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I can somewhat see the argument for OSU sneaking over Baylor, although I still believe Baylor is more deserving. Still, the Bears shit the bed on the road at West Virginia. And although it doesn't really count for anything at the end of the day they are Back to Back Big 12 Champs. If Texas or Oklahoma repeats with a one loss on the road at WVU, I truly believe they make it in BUT getting past that....

Why is OSU more deserving than TCU??

- TCU's worst loss is on the road by 3 points to the number 5 team....OSU worst loss is at home versus Virginia Tech BY 2 TOUCHDOWNS.

Of course you'll hear the "They won their Championship game" argument...Big fucking deal The Big 10 is UNDERDOGS IN EVERY SINGLE BOWL GAME THIS YEAR

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/11997738/betting-ohio-state-not-considered-playoff-team-vegas

Even Vegas odds makers agree that OSU probably shouldn't be in. They would be underdogs to either Baylor or TCU

The College Football Playoff selection committee set out to identify the best four teams. Las Vegas oddsmakers aren't sure they were successful.

Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Ohio State advanced to the national semifinals, with Baylor and TCU the last two teams out.

However, Ed Salmons, head football oddsmaker at the Westgate SuperBook, said both Baylor and TCU would be favored over Ohio State.

"Ohio State numbers are hard to make because of the quarterback situation," Salmons said of the Buckeyes, who are down to their third quarterback. "I would say TCU probably would have been 4½ and Baylor about 2½ or 3½ (over Ohio State). Somewhere in that range. But Ohio State definitely would be 'dogs to both those teams."

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
$

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
$

At least somebody is honest about it!

Always follow the money trail.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
At least somebody is honest about it!

Always follow the money trail.

Yup, Ohio State travels well and brings lots of fans=$$$

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Yup, Ohio State travels well and brings lots of fans=$$$

You really think they have a prayer against Alabama with a 3rd string QB?

I would be surprised if either New years game underdog keeps it close...although FSU seems to be that team that you just can't put away so I'm not totally dismissing them.

The probable Championship game Alabama versus Oregon should be pretty epic though.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
You really think they have a prayer against Alabama with a 3rd string QB?

I would be surprised if either New years game underdog keeps it close...although FSU seems to be that team that you just can't put away so I'm not totally dismissing them.

The probable Championship game Alabama versus Oregon should be pretty epic though.

Lol, I'm like Eddy Mush from "A Bronx Tale" so anything I say pretty much goes the other way but I could see Ohio State keeping it close for the first half then Alabama pulling away.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
I thought that a "playoff" was supposed to magically put an end to all the butt-hurt about teams getting "cheated." 

Puppets continue to dance. 
~

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
TCU makes a big statement with 42-3 win against Ole Miss in Peach Bowl

TCU spent the past few weeks trying not to comment on being left out of the College Football Playoff, and that was probably a good thing, considering the Horned Frogs’ performance in the Peach Bowl spoke volumes.
No. 6 TCU dismantled No. 9 Ole Miss 42-3 in one of the most dominating performances between two top 10 teams this season.

The 39-point loss tied for the most lopsided bowl loss in SEC bowl history (Georgia-Nebraska, 1969 Sun Bowl), and it was TCU’s first bowl win against an SEC opponent since defeating LSU in the 1936 Sugar Bowl.

And the dominance started early.

From the opening snap, TCU’s defense swarmed Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace. It was stronger and faster than Ole Miss’ offensive line and the Horned Frogs managed an interception on the Rebels’ first drive of the game.

TCU jumped out to a 14-0 lead with 6:23 remaining in the first quarter and never looked back. It forced four turnovers — all by Wallace — and was held to 129 yards of total offense, including just nine yards rushing. TCU punctuated its performance by mocking Ole Miss' signature "landshark" posture by pretending their hand was a fin at the front of their helmet.

Ole Miss' three points came on a field goal with 7:18 remaining in the game after a TCU turnover gave the Rebels a short field.

TCU didn’t have a stellar offensive day, but it didn’t need to with the way its defense played. Quarterback Trevone Boykin completed 22-of-31 passes for 188 yards and three touchdowns, but he also threw three really ugly interceptions. Running back Aaron Green led all rushers with 67 yards and a rushing touchdown and a receiving touchdown.

Boykin’s three picks were really the only thing that kept the game from really getting out of hand as the Horned Frogs seemed like a threat to score on every offensive drive. In fact, TCU only punted four times the entire day.

TCU ranked No. 3 heading into the final wave of rankings and soundly defeated Iowa State to make their case to stay in the top four. However, the committee essentially wiped the slate clean and promoted No. 5 Ohio State into the top four and dropped the Horned Frogs all the way down to No. 6 behind Baylor, the only team that defeated it all season.

The move sparked all sorts of controversy and debate about the validity and the politics of the rankings, but TCU coach Gary Patterson and his players stayed largely above the fray and said their only focus was on Ole Miss.

But it’s clear, the Horned Frogs knew a dominating performance against Ole Miss would be the most powerful statement they could make and it also would set them up for a potential playoff run in 2015.

If there’s one other positive TCU can take from this game, it’s that it will end its season with a statement win while only one of the teams in the College Football Playoff can claim the same.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Oh but don't forget, we get Nick Saban vs. Urban Meyer tomorrow!  ::)

No thanks, I'd rather have the more deserving teams play than jerk off material like that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I thought that a "playoff" was supposed to magically put an end to all the butt-hurt about teams getting "cheated." 

Puppets continue to dance. 

They don't have a playoff.  If they did every conference winner would be participating. 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
They don't have a playoff.  If they did every conference winner would be participating. 

Every commercial and newscast speaks of a "playoff."

The weeping and gnashing of teeth from all these pathetic fanboi's cracks me up.

~

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Well Ohio State made it worth it but so did TCU

....The Michigan State-Baylor game was nuts!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Well Ohio State made it worth it but so did TCU

....The Michigan State-Baylor game was nuts!

Agreed on both counts.

I truly under estimated Ohio State so I am definitely eating crow on that one...still think Oregon handles them but I could be wrong.

Of course I am partial to the Big 12 and they pretty much embarrassed themselves BUT it will be an interesting 2015 to watch with TCU returning a a ton of starters, Art Briles and Baylor going for their 3 straight title and after that all you gotta say is "Texas" and "Oklahoma" you know those 2 will want to restake their claim.

TCU has the potential to be REALLY good next year.

Big props to the Big 10. They showed up big time this year when they were underdogs in damn near every game.

Awesome year for College Football, no doubt about it.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
The Big 10 did better this year, but were underdogs in nearly every game because as a conference they had been regularly bitch-slapped for the biggest part of the last decade.

~

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
The Big 10 did better this year, but were underdogs in nearly every game because as a conference they had been regularly bitch-slapped for the biggest part of the last decade.

Can't disagree.

Seems like they have been in decline for some time now.

Interested to see what Harbaugh does at Michigan.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
Can't disagree.

Seems like they have been in decline for some time now.

Interested to see what Harbaugh does at Michigan.

These things run in cycles, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the Big 10 experiences more success going forward.

I'm sure Harbaugh will succeed at Michigan.
~

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
sec is and always was overrated

easy to win championships when you're gauranteed a spot in the game even with a loss, lsu got in with two in 2007

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Every commercial and newscast speaks of a "playoff."

The weeping and gnashing of teeth from all these pathetic fanboi's cracks me up.

Yeah.  A bunch of eggheads, some of whom never played the game, sitting around a table deciding who plays for a national championship, limited to four teams.  It's a joke.  No justification for not allowing, at a minimum, every conference winner to compete.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
I can somewhat see the argument for OSU sneaking over Baylor, although I still believe Baylor is more deserving. Still, the Bears shit the bed on the road at West Virginia. And although it doesn't really count for anything at the end of the day they are Back to Back Big 12 Champs. If Texas or Oklahoma repeats with a one loss on the road at WVU, I truly believe they make it in BUT getting past that....

Why is OSU more deserving than TCU??

- TCU's worst loss is on the road by 3 points to the number 5 team....OSU worst loss is at home versus Virginia Tech BY 2 TOUCHDOWNS.

Of course you'll hear the "They won their Championship game" argument...Big fucking deal The Big 10 is UNDERDOGS IN EVERY SINGLE BOWL GAME THIS YEAR

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/11997738/betting-ohio-state-not-considered-playoff-team-vegas

Even Vegas odds makers agree that OSU probably shouldn't be in. They would be underdogs to either Baylor or TCU

The College Football Playoff selection committee set out to identify the best four teams. Las Vegas oddsmakers aren't sure they were successful.

Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Ohio State advanced to the national semifinals, with Baylor and TCU the last two teams out.

However, Ed Salmons, head football oddsmaker at the Westgate SuperBook, said both Baylor and TCU would be favored over Ohio State.

"Ohio State numbers are hard to make because of the quarterback situation," Salmons said of the Buckeyes, who are down to their third quarterback. "I would say TCU probably would have been 4½ and Baylor about 2½ or 3½ (over Ohio State). Somewhere in that range. But Ohio State definitely would be 'dogs to both those teams."

Because they deserved it! ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Because they deserved it! ;D

I gotta hand it to them I was completely shocked by the result of this 4 team playoff.

I think they said Ohio State was something like 40 to 1 to win it all after their starting quarterback went down.

At the same though the score was TCU 42 Ole Miss 3 through 3 quarters before TCU let the foot off the gas....

Just sayin'  8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Good game, but this system is still flawed and unfair.  Baylor and TCU should have been in, along with every other conference winner. 

That Ohio State RB is a beast. 

Looking forward to watching Mariota on Sundays.   :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
crazy to think that the title game would've been alabama and florida state if we still had computers decide who is the "best" team

now we determine the best on the field, imagine that

i think it needs to be expanded to 8 teams but this is much better than the bcs, seemed like only sec teams were allowed to lose during the season

E
E

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
crazy to think that the title game would've been alabama and florida state if we still had computers decide who is the "best" team

i think it needs to be expanded to 8 teams but this is much better than the bcs, seemed like only sec teams were allowed to lose during the season

E

You make some valid points.

What cracks me up is that year after year, those clowns on ESPN (especially Kirk Herbstreit, the most easily butthurt ass clown in the world of broadcasting) would adamantly defend the BCS...now they all say it was garbage. 
~

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

E

Instead we had people sitting around a table, some of whom never played the game, deciding the "best" team.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
You make some valid points.

What cracks me up is that year after year, those clowns on ESPN (especially Kirk Herbstreit, the most easily butthurt ass clown in the world of broadcasting) would adamantly defend the BCS...now they all say it was garbage. 

How that guy is selected to do color commentary on the biggest college football game of the year is beyond me.

I just don't get it.