Author Topic: Can someone please explain to me why Ohio State is more deserving than TCU??  (Read 16707 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Instead we had people sitting around a table, some of whom never played the game, deciding the "best" team.

4 is better than 2

i bet you're an sec fan, right?

too bad your team has to put more effort into earning a title now, no more being handed a spot in the dance when you have just as many losses on your record as other teams from "inferior" conferences

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
4 is better than 2

i bet you're an sec fan, right?

too bad your team has to put more effort into earning a title now, no more being handed a spot in the dance when you have just as many losses on your record as other teams from "inferior" conferences

E

I'm not a fan of any conference.  Only college football team I root for is the Univ. of Hawaii, and they will never play for a national championship, regardless of the system, especially when we have the reincarnation of Fred von Appen as coach (Norm Chow).   >:( 

I don't think this is an improvement over the prior systems, because you still have people picking winners and losers.  Every conference winner should be in the playoffs, plus a few wild card teams.  That's how you decide a champion on the field.  Here, we had Condi Rice deciding that Ohio State should be in the "playoffs" over Baylor and TCU.  Seriously?  I like Condi Rice a lot, but no way she should have been in the room.   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
I'm not a fan of any conference.  Only college football team I root for is the Univ. of Hawaii, and they will never play for a national championship, regardless of the system, especially when we have the reincarnation of Fred von Appen as coach (Norm Chow).   >:( 

I don't think this is an improvement over the prior systems, because you still have people picking winners and losers.  Every conference winner should be in the playoffs, plus a few wild card teams.  That's how you decide a champion on the field.  Here, we had Condi Rice deciding that Ohio State should be in the "playoffs" over Baylor and TCU.  Seriously?  I like Condi Rice a lot, but no way she should have been in the room.   

i agree all conference winners should be in, but this system is better than the bcs

every sec title deserves a big fat asterisk

E
E

Carlton G. Long

i agree all conference winners should be in, but this system is better than the bcs

E

::)

Earl1972:  Hey, Nick, your titles all deserve a big fat asterisk

Nick Saban:  Who the **** are you supposed to be?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
::)

Earl1972:  Hey, Nick, your titles all deserve a big fat asterisk

Nick Saban:  Who the **** are you supposed to be?

and i don't care who nick saban is, ran back to college because he couldn't hand pick his team or be handed titles any more

E
E

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Those more fast paced, spread type offenses have really seemed to be giving these SEC teams trouble here in the past couple years.

Alabama is incredible at playing that hard nosed, in the trenches football with all their NFL level talent but something about getting to the line quick and keeping the game at a fast pace has neutralized that advantage, for now at least.

I don't know if TCU would beat Ohio State or Oregon. I think both would more than likely be competitive games but TCU buries Florida State and would have the potential to really embarrass Alabama has well.

It really is a shame, from a quality level, that Florida State was allowed in this year but I completely understand that you just could not keep them out after going defeated.

As a person who gets sick of all the SEC ass kissing, I'm really looking forward to the next couple years. Ohio State and TCU are both young and returning a ton of players. Oregon is probably a top 3 program over the past decade. Baylor just landed the top Dual Threat Quarterback in the country (Jarrett Stidman) and with Briles at the helm the sky is the limit for that guy.

It's going to be interesting to see if the SEC can bounce back after a disappointing postseason.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

E

I agree it's better than the BCS, but it's still flawed and unfair.