Author Topic: $1.1 TRILLION for 9 months  (Read 2274 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
$1.1 TRILLION for 9 months
« on: December 10, 2014, 07:46:08 PM »
There it is...   1.1 TRILLION for 9 months - Repubs have given obama all the $ he wants  Sad

Mammoth spending bill poised for passage

The margin could be razor thin, but House Republicans think they will pass their funding bill before the government shuts down Thursday.
Top aides and lawmakers on the GOP whip team privately say they believe between 150 and 175 Republicans will support the $1.1 trillion, nine-month government funding bill. And senior House Democrats predict that some of their members will help make up for the Republican defections to get the bill across the finish line.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/spending-bill-poised-for-passage-113488.html#ixzz3LYcFd1q3

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: $1.1 TRILLION for 9 months
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 08:47:51 PM »
Uphill climb in the senate as the bill includes rollbacks in Dodd /Frank regs....Liz Warren is on the warpath.   No..wait...she isn't an actual indian...she's leading the opposition

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 03:03:59 AM »
That awkward moment when Liz warren is screaming about the new house spending bill.  And silence from Cruz and rand and other repubs.  1.1 tril for 9 months.   Ugh. 

Hopefully they catch up today.  It's only 6 am.  Maybe they just needed more time to think on 1.1 tril and will criticize this sick spending today.   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 04:30:29 AM »
Uphill climb in the senate as the bill includes rollbacks in Dodd /Frank regs....Liz Warren is on the warpath.   No..wait...she isn't an actual indian...she's leading the opposition

you want less regulation? lololol. Show me one instance of it working.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 04:36:02 AM »
I'd say the regs on requiring lending to those that didnt deserve it kinda fucked us, what day you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 04:37:20 AM »
Regulation is tricky.   McCain? "I'm the de regulator".  

Until the bp gulf oil spill.    
The 2008 financial collapse almost entirely due to lack of govt regulation.  

Here's a great article on why regulation helps small biz by preventing Walmart from swallowing all local business.  
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/government-regulation-is-good-for-business/

James

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »
That awkward moment when Liz warren is screaming about the new house spending bill.  And silence from Cruz and rand and other repubs.  1.1 tril for 9 months.   Ugh.  

Hopefully they catch up today.  It's only 6 am.  Maybe they just needed more time to think on 1.1 tril and will criticize this sick spending today.  

Ted Cruz is against the Spending Bill, did u not know that?

The high-profile Texas conservative(Ted Cruz) made a splash on Wednesday in announcing his opposition to House leaders’ plans to pass an omnibus spending bill to keep the government funded through September, revisit Department of Homeland Security funding early next year and pass a proposal disapproving of Obama’s immigration policy — which the Democrat-controlled Senate will not take up.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/ted-cruz-spending-bill-immigration-113287.html#ixzz3LbJV13Rz

and

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Wednesday called on House Republicans to pass a spending bill that defunds President Barack Obama’s executive action on immigration, and said failure to do so would be a failure of the GOP to live up to its campaign promises to fight Obama’s plan.

“What I’m here urging my fellow Republicans to do is very, very simple,” Cruz said. “Do what you said you would do.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/12/03/ted-cruzs-tough-message-to-house-republicans-do-what-you-promised-on-immigration/

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/ted-cruz-spending-bill-immigration-113287.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 06:56:09 AM »
very cool!  I did not know that.  Props to ted cruz!  he's gonna make an awesome president! 

I only wish Rand Paul would have joined him with the others.

James

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 07:04:15 AM »
very cool!  I did not know that.  Props to ted cruz!  he's gonna make an awesome president!  

But yet you wrote negatively about him in your previous post without knowing the truth, why ?

wrong again 240...

Rand Paul: "I won’t vote for spending bill that funds amnesty"  12/09/2014
Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, said Tuesday that he plans to vote against a government spending measure if it provides funding for President Obama’s plan to grant temporary legal status for more than 4 million illegal immigrants in the country.

“I won’t vote for the spending bill if it includes money for the executive amnesty,” he told radio host Laura Ingraham.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/9/rand-paul-i-wont-vote-for-spending-bill-that-funds/#ixzz3LbNZ6DhD
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 07:07:31 AM »
very cool!  I did not know that.  Props to ted cruz!  he's gonna make an awesome president! 

If Ted cruz ever became president, time to move to Canada...even Mexico ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 07:27:38 AM »
Nice, I didn't find Rand's name in that article using Control-F5... awesome to hear Rand is against it and will vote against it.

Is there a list of Dems and Repubs who will vote AGAINST this spending monster?  1.1 trillion is just unreal for 9 months.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »

WTF?  Can you be any more vague?  Are yu talking about banking regs...regs in general...what?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
Excellent analysis by Hannity going on right now.   Pelosi is joining the repubs in shitting on this bill.

Boehnner, Reid and Obama are working to convince their peons to get on board with it.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 01:57:15 PM »
Great work by the Republicans here.  Win in a landslide while campaigning to stop Obama's various crimes, and then just continue on with business as usual once the election is over.  Forget the will of the people, fuck 'em.  Brilliant, I'm sure Republicans will be well rewarded for this in 2016.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 01:36:32 AM »
This bill could really die in the senate.   Laura ingraham is vowing to bring down these repubs like she helped with cantor. 

There were two bills that boehnner had.   One would have saved economy for 2 months, letting the new senate take over in jan and have a great battle with Obama in mid February.  That would be what the people want.   

Instead... Boehnner got his 1.1 trillion bill that funds both obamacare and amnesty.  The backlash is very loud.  I could see the senate looking at this and passing on it.  Voters are nt happy.  Fox is destroying them.  Even warren and pelosi are shitting on this bill. 

It's boehnners bill with Obama and Reid pushing for the 57 dem votes needed. 

bighouseburger

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 05:09:55 AM »
1,603-page FoolsGold PASSED.. :-X
With the down turn of popularity for Obama; it seems like he would force it to be revised and shortened considering the current deficit.
That alone would show he cares for our country, rather than just flop something on my desk for me to sign...( So to speak )

ON to the main subject of my post.
- "Sec. 538. None of the funds made available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used, with respect to the States of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin, to prevent such States from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana. Sec. 539. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used in contravention of section 7606 (``Legitimacy of Industrial Hemp Research'') of the Agricultural Act of 2014 (Public Law 113-79) by the Department of Justice or the Drug Enforcement Administration." -

Yet... The Controlled Substances Act is still in law. Once again our Fed has contradicted itself.
To ban substances. But not allow funds to enforce the laws banning substances.  ???

Just wondering what others have to say about this budget?
I'm all for Legalizing marijuana, YET... I would classify myself as Modern Conservative. 
1.1tril...... Blows my mind. :o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 06:32:27 AM »
Just wondering what others have to say about this budget?

1.1tril...... Blows my mind. :o

most on getbig have been SILENT about this bill.   Boehner + Reid + Obama have ganged up with a bill that completely clips the BALLS of the new repub house + senate... tying them to this monster bill... and a 2 month extension was on the table... but boehnner and mcconnell control things now.  By the time we're ready for a new budget, it's already GOP primary and re-election mode for everything.

Repubs FINALLY had their chance to defund obamacare and amnesty - and they passed on it.  Period.