Author Topic: 17 year old Getbigger trolls NY mag  (Read 1936 times)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
17 year old Getbigger trolls NY mag
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:41:14 AM »
But he couldn't get past the Wall Street crowd - he was unable to answer even the simplest of questions about his phenomenal high school lunch-period  "day trading"...  ;D

http://observer.com/2014/12/exclusive-new-york-mags-boy-genius-investor-made-it-all-up/

He's under the legal age, could not explain what he supposedly did or how he did it, couldn't give any examples, etc.  ::)
A

denarii

• Getbig V
Re: 17 year old Getbigger trolls NY mag
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »
how is a fat 17 year old bespectacled Bangladeshi a getbigger?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
how is a fat 17 year old bespectacled Bangladeshi a getbigger?

You answered your own question ace.
$

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »
LOL i read something like he would have had to double his money every few days to have made that much.

Come on kid!!! if youre going to lie, make it somewhat believable....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:25:47 PM »
whats funny/sad is that if this kid wants to go into finance now its going to be an uphill climb. Any client facing person at a decent sized firm has compliance checking social media/internet on them all the time.

This shit will follow him around if he goes into investments.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
whats funny/sad is that if this kid wants to go into finance now its going to be an uphill climb. Any client facing person at a decent sized firm has compliance checking social media/internet on them all the time.

Maybe, maybe not.  I would place the blame with the original reporter for not fact-checking or even briefly considering the feasibility of the whole story.

Personally, I think the kid demonstrated terrific chutzpah and that this is nothing but a youthful indiscretion.  Think of all the dumb shit you did as a teenager.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »
He has money, it's just from his folks.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »
Maybe, maybe not.  I would place the blame with the original reporter for not fact-checking or even briefly considering the feasibility of the whole story.

Personally, I think the kid demonstrated terrific chutzpah and that this is nothing but a youthful indiscretion.  Think of all the dumb shit you did as a teenager.
I completely agree with you on the reporter, definitely their fault for not checking facts.

Ask yourself this question, would you trust your money to a person who has already lied about their performance?

Trust any good sized firm has compliance on your ass about your online presence and this will come up in an interview if they do any little bit of research on this kid.

Lying maybe chutzpah in your world but in the financial services world its grounds for law suits. Dont get me wrong this could help him in the finance world but it probably wont be in a client facing role. All it would take is a litigious client to lose money and know about this and boom, potential law suit as they feel this guy is untrustworthy.

Jizzacked

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
hilarious seeing this arab fatski in his poorly fitted off the rack Macy's suit posing as some financial phenom delighting unscrupulous journalists cock hungry for the "scoop"

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 07:27:39 PM »
Just think if he was a frat boy lifeguard at UVa.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 07:30:07 PM »
I completely agree with you on the reporter, definitely their fault for not checking facts.

Ask yourself this question, would you trust your money to a person who has already lied about their performance?

Trust any good sized firm has compliance on your ass about your online presence and this will come up in an interview if they do any little bit of research on this kid.

Lying maybe chutzpah in your world but in the financial services world its grounds for law suits. Dont get me wrong this could help him in the finance world but it probably wont be in a client facing role. All it would take is a litigious client to lose money and know about this and boom, potential law suit as they feel this guy is untrustworthy.

The kid isn't even 18 yet!  If he keeps a clean profile from this point forward, I don't think it would be a factor.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 07:37:25 PM »

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2267861/Aleksey-Vayner-Impossible-Nothing-r-sum-star-dead-overdose.html

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 01:58:41 PM »
I learned a long time ago in the business to be brutally honest and to under-promise and try to over-deliver. It's not a "salesman" role - it's a trusted advisory, counselor, and fiduciary role. "Guarantee" something you cannot guarantee or even imply the wrong thing to the wrong person (usually a dumb female) and you can kill your career easily.
A