Author Topic: Support Lululemon  (Read 3458 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
Support Lululemon
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:53 AM »
Boycott Lululemon – A Call to Yogis by Maya Devi Georg

http://holly-troy.com/2013/11/04/boycott-lululemon-a-call-to-yogis-by-maya-devi-georg/

- Lululemon was intended to be a chain of retail stores in Asia. Chip Wilson (Lululemon’s founder) chose the name because of the three L’s in the name. According to Wilson “It’s funny to watch them try and say it.” This is blatant racism.(read more here: http://www.businessinsider.com/12-utterly-bizarre-facts-about-the-rise-of-lululemon-2012-4 )

- The Lululemon empire is also known for promoting the work of Ayn Rand – an author that created an ethical philosophy known as ‘rational egoism’ or ‘rational selfishness’. This philosophy puts self-interest above morality, ethics, and altruism. It is also an ideology espoused by fascists and the far-right wing. This philosophy has also been adopted by the tea-party. Phrases taken from this literature are found on Lululemon shopping bags, and employees are encouraged to read these books. The Lululemon vision is “to elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness.” The underlying message is that you are mediocre. (read more here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddessig/2011/11/21/occupy-your-yoga-pants-lululemons-toxic-mix-of-commerce-and-ideology/ )

- Lululemon is also known to discriminate against bigger sizes, never stocking shelves with sizes larger than an 8, and only producing sizes up to 12 (size 14 is the national average). (read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/lululemon-plus-size_n_3675605.html )

- Chip Wilson publicly made statements supporting child labor. He rationalized this by explaining that this would provide children with much needed income. The Lululemon response to the collective outrage of this stance was an ad with adults dressed as infants in an office. Many considered this outright mocking of child labor laws.(read more here: http://bluemassgroup.com/2013/05/gabriel-gomez-lululemon-child-labor-as-the-solution-to-excessive-regulation/ )

- Lululemon claims to not use sweat shop labor, but, as of June 2013, many of the factories they employ have been engaged in labor disputes ranging from unfair pay, to safety issues. They recently increased the number of people they use to oversee factories. But not to ensure a living wage or safe work environment. Theses supervisors are there to maintain quality control of their product. They are there to make sure another ‘see-through pants scandal’ does not emerge. And yet, more complaints have just come forward regarding the quality of their product. (read more here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/asian-pacific-business/labour-woes-in-asia-the-latest-snag-for-lululemon/article12762550/ and here: http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/11/04/lululemon-new-complaints-about-yoga-pants-groove-wunder-under/ )

- In October of 2013  they released a shopping bag with the word Brahmacharya printed upon it. The word itself was made up of junk food, cigarettes, alcohol, and illegal drugs. The company claims it was an attempt to illustrate moderation. (Because, heroin is ok in moderation?) Lululemon was way off on both the message and the meaning of Brahmacharya. (read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carolyn-gregoire/what-the-fck-was-lululemon-thinking_b_4138754.html )

- Also in October of 2013 a store in Dallas, TX openly mocked a Domestic Abuse charity, during Domestic Violence Awareness month. Even though their customers are primarily women, Even though every 9 seconds a women is battered. Even though one in three women across the globe experiences domestic violence. (read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/31/lululemon-mocks-doestic-abuse-charity_n_4184281.html )

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Support Lululemon
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 07:24:10 AM »
Gayer than saying lululemon

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:02 AM »
I've met Chip Wilson on a few occasions. I give him his due for building a $billion clothing empire but he is and always was (according to friends) a jack ass...

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 08:44:48 AM »
Gayer than being part of an online community called "Get Big" that specializes in oiled up men in thongs... No H-mo...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 08:49:07 AM »
would never set foot in a store with the homo ass name of that brand, no f'in way.
They should sponsor Kai as he is the fruit king!!!
?

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »
If only some BBers could boycott grapefruits  :-\

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:08:21 AM »
Surely getbiggers can "get behind" (no homo) the practice of not carrying sizes for fats though?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 09:29:32 AM »
The pants they provide to countless top shelf vaginas should exempt them from any lawsuits or boycotts

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 09:31:17 AM »
The pants they provide to countless top shelf vaginas should exempt them from any lawsuits or boycotts

You make a solid point.
?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:29 AM »
I thought the comment about fat chicks was fantastic ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 09:50:02 AM »
Here's what a "Size 14" looks like (on the left, the "after" is Size 10).

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 10:34:25 AM »
would never set foot in a store with the homo ass name of that brand, no f'in way.
They should sponsor Kai as he is the fruit king!!!

You're missing out on some fine ass creepin!

Im just happy this company makes great-fitting women's pants that accentuate the buttocks!  Sublime!

Their mens clothing is ultra gay and i would not be friends with any man who claims ownership of such items.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 10:53:21 AM »
Here's what a "Size 14" looks like (on the left, the "after" is Size 10).

Still about 6 sizes off for me to even consider blessing her V with BCF's D.

I'm a huge lulu fan now.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 11:19:31 AM »
Still about 6 sizes off for me to even consider blessing her V with BCF's D.

I'm a huge lulu fan now.

Would luv to see you in Lulumon workout pants.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »

Would luv to see you in Lulumon workout pants.

All you had to do was ask, CuckholdH :P

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 11:34:27 AM »

Asking nicely...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 12:12:40 PM »

Solid analysis.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 01:02:32 PM »

Im just happy this company makes great-fitting women's pants that accentuate the buttocks!  Sublime!

Their mens clothing is ultra gay and i would not be friends with any man who claims ownership of such items.

I'm wearing a Lulu shirt today.

Happy to throw hands about it if you will provide your exact location.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 01:22:04 PM »

Lol!

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 03:05:01 PM »
My girl loves that way overpriced shit.   She looks at me kind of upset when she suggested I buy something from there.  Told her I could buy 2 or 3 Underarmor or Nike brand shirts "which are also overpriced" for the same cost as that crap.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 03:41:04 PM »
I'm wearing a Lulu shirt today.

Happy to throw hands about it if you will provide your exact location.

Same.

And women's underware.

But the lulu shirt is what really makes me gay. Comfy though....

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 04:48:46 PM »

This thread has brought light to the darkness I was seeing in regards to Lulu lemon.
Thanks getbig!
?