Author Topic: Why I'm Apprehensive About Bodybuilding  (Read 7097 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Why I'm Apprehensive About Bodybuilding
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 12:28:24 PM »
tom prince will never drop below 250lbs its impossible
T

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »
No shit, but to claim DHT converting drugs have no effect on potential tumor proliferation on an already vulnerable organ in men is just plain retarded.

Sounds logical, but prostate cancer isn't especially prevalent in bodybuilders.  Considering the amount of dht/androgens they take, you'd think it would be epidemic.

Maybe they succumb to CV/renal stuff first, who knows.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 03:23:39 PM »
Sounds logical, but prostate cancer isn't especially prevalent in bodybuilders.  Considering the amount of dht/androgens they take, you'd think it would be epidemic.

Maybe they succumb to CV/renal stuff first, who knows.

I think it's a bit premature to draw that conclusion just yet. I'd like to see how the 80s Bodybuilders turn out in another 10 years. My gut says they are going to have prostate issues, in fact I'll be shocked if they are immune to it and have the same rates as your average joe.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »
I think it's a bit premature to draw that conclusion just yet. I'd like to see how the 80s Bodybuilders turn out in another 10 years. My gut says they are going to have prostate issues, in fact I'll be shocked if they are immune to it and have the same rates as your average joe.
Well you are an expert in all things prostate, so I will definately take your advice into deep consideration.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 06:43:13 PM »
Well you are an expert in all things prostate, so I will definately take your advice into deep consideration.

I set you up for that alley (p)oop didn't I  :D

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 03:39:41 AM »

i was thinking about the 70's guys also and i dont know of any that had prostate problems,im sure some do i prolly just havent heard of any.they where doing test and dbol back then also so they should have issues with their prostates by now i would imagine if test was the culprit ???
R

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 03:45:07 AM »
most of these conditions were congenital.  They would have suffered from them earlier, but bodybuilding helps to "hold off" illnesses for decades longer.

For example, without the successes of bodybuilding, Craig Titus would have faced life in prison by age 22.  His love of iron allowed him the $ and lifestyle to hold off that sentence for nearly a decade.
Funny stuff. A welcome return to form?  ;D

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 05:03:40 AM »
My first ever mag is this same exact edition I bought from a news agent sometime in the 90's, I was a teenager back then (shitty hairline from a young age but decent abs and no guns)

It featured the following guys from memory (some mentioned in cover):

Tom Prince
-On dialysis
Craig Titus-Life in Jail
Mike Matarazzo-Dead from heart complications
Mentzer- Dead from Heart complications
Flex Wheeler-Kidney failure then transplant
Dennis Newman-Leukaemia

Not to mention the homosexual imagery on the front page.

Very Brokeback Mountain....

Thank fuck there wasn't a pic 20 seconds later when they had their tongues down each others throat...

Or is that not off putting?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 07:56:18 AM »
Not to mention the homosexual imagery on the front page.

Very Brokeback Mountain....

Thank fuck there wasn't a pic 20 seconds later when they had their tongues down each others throat...

Or is that not off putting?

Good point, if I saw a magazine like this in my teenage sons bedroom I would get questions in my head about which Side he's batting for. I sometimes wonder if my parents wondered if I was heading to be gay and were just too old fashioned to raise that conversation with me.
S

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »
My first ever mag is this same exact edition I bought from a news agent sometime in the 90's, I was a teenager back then (shitty hairline from a young age but decent abs and no guns)

It featured the following guys from memory (some mentioned in cover):

Tom Prince
-On dialysis
Craig Titus-Life in Jail
Mike Matarazzo-Dead from heart complications
Mentzer- Dead from Heart complications
Flex Wheeler-Kidney failure then transplant
Dennis Newman-Leukaemia

What's funny is if a young kid who is just getting into bodybuilding finds this issue, he will think the two guys on the cover (prince and titus) have it made. he will envision them with huge muscles and many women. too bad he wont realize that one is in jail and the other is a skinny twink now..  :D
X

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 10:28:46 AM »
Good point, if I saw a magazine like this in my teenage sons bedroom I would get questions in my head about which Side he's batting for. I sometimes wonder if my parents wondered if I was heading to be gay and were just too old fashioned to raise that conversation with me.

Has to be said - when was 18 and training in "Thor Gym" & listening to Guns N Roses - I saw nothing gay about a picture of a shirtless, tanned, oiled up muscular man in cut off jeans held up by braces with workmans boots and rolled down white socks on his feet and a large chain around his neck, who at the same time was carrying a truck tire in each hand.

Nope - to me that was just a picture of an athlete and in no way masturbation material for those that take the other bus home.