Author Topic: First Semester done!  (Read 3404 times)

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
First Semester done!
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:20:24 PM »
Of my Doctoral program in Clinical Forensic Psychology. Ended up with a 94.8% and a 3.82 GPA since one class that I got a perfect 100% in was graded P/ NP. Highest scores in class on several major papers. Not bad for a first semester after 11 years out of school.

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: First Semester done!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »
Courses about corpses?

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »
Courses about corpses?
LOL- It is basically any interface between Psychology and the Legal System.-- Abuse to Competency Evaluations to Corrections..

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 09:46:52 PM »
Any nice racks on the women in the program?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »
LOL- It is basically any interface between Psychology and the Legal System.-- Abuse to Competency Evaluations to Corrections..

Oh, I read that as "forensic pathology". My eyes are going due to many years of masturbation.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Any nice racks on the women in the program?
I'm married,  so I don't care. But Yes. One is a total Fuck toy.  Only 8 of us in my cohort after the semester- started with 11.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 10:01:45 PM »
Oh, I read that as "forensic pathology". My eyes are going due to many years of masturbation.
Well, that happens..

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:54 PM »
Well done Viking, it takes guts to go back after 11 years...

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 11:17:12 PM »
I'm going back for computer training. I have been out of school for over 11 years also. I am starting off with A+ since I am studying networking.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 11:23:32 PM »
Of my Doctoral program in Clinical Forensic Psychology. Ended up with a 94.8% and a 3.82 GPA since one class that I got a perfect 100% in was graded P/ NP. Highest scores in class on several major papers. Not bad for a first semester after 11 years out of school.

If I recall in another post you're older than me, 54 I believe? I wish I had that kind of time. Good for you. I envy that.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
If I recall in another post you're older than me, 54 I believe? I wish I had that kind of time. Good for you. I envy that.

I tried to multi quote. Obviously not an IT major. Yes, it is hard going back, but I had the potential for the terminal degree. Was always too busy working, family kids.  Since they all are gone, I have time.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 12:40:23 AM »
Well, that happens..

Incisive analysis, Dr Freud.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 01:31:19 AM »
Good luck... Its a long road but well worth it in the end!  You will have many mental breakdowns :-D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 02:08:09 AM »
IT sucks, I've been doing it for 20+ years.
Good for you guys taking that step though, I'm 48 and much too lazy to go back. (Too cheap too now paying for my 2 kids colleges).
My favorite show is "Forensic Files" if I had to go back, I would use my computer/network experience and maybe get a computer forensics degree.
Never had any college (age 48) so I'd have to start from the beginning, ain't gonna happen :>)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 03:42:44 AM »

Loser! >:(

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 04:28:32 AM »
IT sucks, I've been doing it for 20+ years.
Good for you guys taking that step though, I'm 48 and much too lazy to go back. (Too cheap too now paying for my 2 kids colleges).
My favorite show is "Forensic Files" if I had to go back, I would use my computer/network experience and maybe get a computer forensics degree.
Never had any college (age 48) so I'd have to start from the beginning, ain't gonna happen :>)
How did you get into IT for 20 years with no college? Self taught? Any tips for me? Why does it suck? I have been thinking about Networking for awhile now... and it seemed like a good career path.
X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 04:39:36 AM »
Congrats man. Ron should change your name to "Dr". Don't flunk out now either, you've put it out there, and this is getbig afterall.  ;D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 05:14:28 AM »
How did you get into IT for 20 years with no college? Self taught? Any tips for me? Why does it suck? I have been thinking about Networking for awhile now... and it seemed like a good career path.

Self study (A+ (got that CompTIA cert 1st), then Novell networking (got a cert) (This was in 1995).
Got a job in my company by getting into their Novell Admin console, changing the managers password before my interview.
When I told him to login and it was changed with a password I had set for him, he hired me.
1st project was to upgrade 500 PC's from WIN 3.11 to WIN 95. (That was fun, good early experience).
Then got into Exchange, did some upgrades for the company. Did that for them until year 2000.
Went to a startup as network admin / exchange admin. We were bought right away by Motorola. (Did my CCNA, and CCNP-Self study, got the certs).
Then Google bought MOTO a few years back, had to convert to all new global network, year long stress-ridden project. Right after that, Google sold us to Arris, another year long stress-ridden project.

Went and got CompTIA Security+ just to have). Oh ya, got my MCSE (NT 4.0 during that 1st job in 1996).

So teh certs and hands on were great for my career. However, I think its just burnout to this point. When kids are done with college, my goal is to either contract and get contracts as I please, or maybe go back to a less stressful thing like desktop support. (Not the same money, but everything will be paid off, house already is, and trying to do the college without loans.).

Its been very good financially, like any job, change is always good... Burnt out...

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 07:10:32 AM »
Congrats man. Ron should change your name to "Dr". Don't flunk out now either, you've put it out there, and this is getbig afterall.  ;D

Dr.?  Bah!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 07:15:31 AM »
PTPHD

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 07:17:15 AM »
This being Getbig, there better be a 100+page section on Hebrews.   ;D

/best of luck and button down. movies on in the background helped me.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 11:15:39 AM »
This being Getbig, there better be a 100+page section on Hebrews.   ;D

/best of luck and button down. movies on in the background helped me.
I think that will be my dissertation. I will use Wiggs as a primary source.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 11:21:22 AM »
Loser! >:(

bay no likey academic underachievement.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 11:26:27 AM »

Good work on finishing up your first semester.

I think we have one or two more Psychology Doctors here.

"1"

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »
I think we have one or two more Psychology Doctors here.

"1"

I think that we need a few more for this crew.