Author Topic: JAY SHOULD SKIP THE OLYMPIA  (Read 15453 times)

HeartofSteel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: JAY SHOULD SKIP THE OLYMPIA
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 11:02:56 AM »
Spoken like a true champion shawn.  I see no reason Jay shouldn't compete.  #1 would be nice, but second to the most dominant Mr. O isn't bad either. ;D

Damn right!

HOS
You gotta have HeartofSteel

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 11:34:33 AM »
Everyone knows what it's like to de-thrown the Mr.O, so in my opinion 2nd at the O may as well be 1st place!

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 11:41:27 AM »
Well, if you call taking home the most money Jay has ever made during an Olympia Weekend a reason to skip this year @ $100,000.00I'd like to sign up for that job!
$85,000.00 2nd Place
$10,000.00 VYO Tech Best Wheels
$5,000.00 Olympia Challenge Round

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »
how could he get best wheels award when his right leg was way smaller than his left?? plus branch warren had the best wheels of the show!!
just push some weight!

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 03:31:12 PM »
Well, if you call taking home the most money Jay has ever made during an Olympia Weekend a reason to skip this year @ $100,000.00I'd like to sign up for that job!
$85,000.00 2nd Place

Exactly!!!  I'm sure at the end of the day when he cashed those checks, he forgot all about being 2nd place!!!  Last time I checked "Professional" athletes get paid for their profession which in this case is competing!  Ask the 15th place finisher how bad he would want Jays purse!!! 

bigbiceps

• Getbig III
  • Team Levrone
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 03:50:11 PM »
How does a pro like Jay Cutler make?  I mean you guys say he makes a good living by the money he makes in endorsements and prize money but how much does he lose in contest preparation.  Do his sponsors pay for all of the drugs, doctor visits, travel etc.  Or does he pay for all of that.  You guys say he doesn't need to work because he has a lot of money already.  But what do you guys think is a sufficient amount of money to retire with at a young age??

I'm not sure how much Jay has or what his investments are if he has somewhere around 2-3 million it isn't very much these days!

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 04:00:49 PM »
2-3 million it isn't very much these days!
maybe to donald trump it isnt much, 3million is alot of money.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »
maybe to donald trump it isnt much, 3million is alot of money.

hell yeah. and even to trump, it's a lot of money.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 06:05:05 PM »
$85,000.00 2nd Place

shawn how are the hummer and other prizes going to be given out at the colorado pro?

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 06:59:26 PM »
hell yeah. and even to trump, it's a lot of money.
nah, he has a family to support, kids he'll need to put through college.  at his age, it's not enough to retire on. 

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 07:05:26 PM »
I think jay shud do the olympia if it is the best BB show on earth then its gotta hav the best BBs

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 07:17:34 PM »
I have often wondered why Jay doesnt do the Arnold , most pros I have spoken to beleive the Arnold is the number 1 show and event, and that it holds just about as much esteeme as the Olympia does now , plus the obvious fact of winning the money has to be taking into account , I would think making as much dosh as you can in this relativly short lasting and dangerous sport would be paramount, plus i think Jay would be beter of competting more than once a year , i think it would help his body and conditioning alot better !

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 07:22:18 PM »
I have often wondered why Jay doesnt do the Arnold , most pros I have spoken to beleive the Arnold is the number 1 show and event, and that it holds just about as much esteeme as the Olympia does now , plus the obvious fact of winning the money has to be taking into account , I would think making as much dosh as you can in this relativly short lasting and dangerous sport would be paramount, plus i think Jay would be beter of competting more than once a year , i think it would help his body and conditioning alot better !

well he won the arnold three years in a row. he dosent need the money and the arnold dosent get the same standard off competitor (well not all of them at least) but i agree in that the arnold is a fairer better run show it just dosent hav the same prestige

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 07:29:25 PM »
Its funny you should say he doesnt need the money, cause it is not as though these guys are making millions and honestly a million bucks is not alot, I have a pretty good insight to what these guys make and I would have thought the opertunity to add to there income by a 100k odd would be a huge priority , but I guess he has his reasons , he could have gone on a created a legacy with the title like Ronnie has done with the Olympia .

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 07:33:28 PM »
Its funny you should say he doesnt need the money, cause it is not as though these guys are making millions and honestly a million bucks is not alot, I have a pretty good insight to what these guys make and I would have thought the opertunity to add to there income by a 100k odd would be a huge priority , but I guess he has his reasons , he could have gone on a created a legacy with the title like Ronnie has done with the Olympia .

yeah i know they dont earn much in general but apparently jay is an exception to that rule. its just jay stated this in an interveiw recently as one of the reasons y hes doing the olympia over the arnold

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 07:40:07 PM »
Actualy he may well be set up , doesnt he come from a wealthy back ground, something to do with consturction or something ??? he might well be legit in saying the dosh is not important !?dont see why he wouldnt be ??

MRMD2003

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 08:17:34 PM »
why should he skip it ? he would be throwing away guranteed $.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 08:19:20 PM »
and honestly a million bucks is not alot,

LOL please tell me what planet you live on...

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 08:25:14 PM »
LOL please tell me what planet you live on...

Ahh Planet earth , not planet "Beggelbonk" where you reside!!

A million bucks is fuck all , especialy if you want to live a opulant life like most pros think they can do, plus keep up all the payments for the expensive cars they lease , plus if you want money in the bank pass the age 35- 40 when most of the pros retire ,, a million bucks dosent go far , damm a good house will cost you half of that if not more , my family home is worth 1.2 mill !!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 08:30:54 PM »
a million dollars is still enough to live a good life without ever working again, if your not an idiot with your money.
you wont be rich, but you wont have many worries either.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 08:33:47 PM »
Jay told me in march '05 he was taking a year off to let his body rest. I think Joe didnt let that happen. No match for Ronnie = less ticket sales

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 08:40:44 PM »
Jay told me in march '05 he was taking a year off to let his body rest. I think Joe didnt let that happen. No match for Ronnie = less ticket sales
gustavo gave ronnie more competition than jay did last year.....

and im a ronnie fan.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 08:44:38 PM »
i dont know man i think this is personal for jay i mean what kinda of career can he call it if he cant beat ronnie?

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2006, 09:37:58 AM »
of course, but he's not going to beat ronnie.
Never say never.  Anybody can be beat on any given day.  Remember, Ronnie didn't win the 1st round at last year's Olympia.

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2006, 09:40:08 AM »