Author Topic: JAY SHOULD SKIP THE OLYMPIA  (Read 15454 times)

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: JAY SHOULD SKIP THE OLYMPIA
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2006, 09:44:12 AM »
How does a pro like Jay Cutler make?  I mean you guys say he makes a good living by the money he makes in endorsements and prize money but how much does he lose in contest preparation.  Do his sponsors pay for all of the drugs, doctor visits, travel etc.  Or does he pay for all of that.  You guys say he doesn't need to work because he has a lot of money already.  But what do you guys think is a sufficient amount of money to retire with at a young age??
I'm not sure how much Jay has or what his investments are if he has somewhere around 2-3 million it isn't very much these days!

When Jay guest posed at the Atlantic States in 2004, I had to pick him up from the Airport.  In talking with him, he was at the time just finishing a new home purchase and mentioning some other business ventures outside of bodybuilding.  Plain and simple--Jay is paid in full  & he could retire from bodybuilding if he wants.  He already has his future set---SMART BUSINESSMAN!!

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »
you say jay shouldnt show up, but if he had of shown up in 2002 he would already have a sandow.
[img]http://ima

The Viking

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2006, 10:15:03 AM »
Why should Jay do the Arnold Classic???
He already won that show three times!!
He will not beat Colemanat the olympia, but will destroy the rest at the 2006 olympia.
Maybe he doesn`t need the money, but want`s to prove something (that he is the best next to Coleman).

bigbiceps

• Getbig III
  • Team Levrone
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »
a million dollars is still enough to live a good life without ever working again, if your not an idiot with your money.
you wont be rich, but you wont have many worries either.
How much will the bank pay you for a million dollars??   A measly 20k a year.  If you have 2 houses for 500k each fully paid off.  One you live in and the other you rent that's about $2,000 a month and with that you need to pay you property taxes @ a 500k home (because you just  bought in todays prices) for both homes, cars, insurance, and all of the other utilities.  OH and then there is food and going out.  Do you think 1 million dollars can carry you along the way everything keeps rising and not ever have to work again.  I think not!!!!    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2006, 10:24:21 AM »
How much will the bank pay you for a million dollars??   A measly 20k a year.  If you have 2 for 500k fully paid off.  One you live in and the other you rent.  about $2,000 a month and with that you need to pay you property taxes @ a 500k home, cars, insurance, and all of the other utilities.  OH and then there is food and going out.  Do you think I million dollars can carry you along the way everything keeps rising and not ever have to work again.  I think not!!!!    

what bank do you go to that only gives 2% return per year?

Assuming you've very simple and buy a CD at 5%, that's still 50k a year to live on.

If you put it into mutuals and get semi-lucky at 10% you're now living on 100k a year

Or, use some to start a business, invest the rest, and break around 125k a year.

It ain't rocket science.  Once you earn $1M in cash you can cost/work part time, unless of course, you need to live in a million dollar home... which I don't think anyone NEEDS to do.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2006, 03:47:48 PM »
How much will the bank pay you for a million dollars??   A measly 20k a year.  If you have 2 houses for 500k each fully paid off.  One you live in and the other you rent that's about $2,000 a month and with that you need to pay you property taxes @ a 500k home (because you just  bought in todays prices) for both homes, cars, insurance, and all of the other utilities.  OH and then there is food and going out.  Do you think 1 million dollars can carry you along the way everything keeps rising and not ever have to work again.  I think not!!!!    
::) this is why is mentioned 'not spending like an idiot'. something along the lines of buying two 500,000 houses

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2006, 03:51:18 PM »
::) this is why is mentioned 'not spending like an idiot'. something along the lines of buying two 500,000 houses

or in the case of titus a fleet of cars with  large trunks

bigbiceps

• Getbig III
  • Team Levrone
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2006, 09:44:12 PM »
Anything under 500k you get a manufactured home or a condo in SoCal.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »
And these are your next door neighbors!

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2006, 01:11:08 AM »
I don't even want to know what's on that guys face in the back.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2006, 07:41:40 AM »
the check is already made out to him ! why would he not do it !
CENSORED BY RON !

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2006, 07:48:38 AM »
i agree. he should skip it.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48:37 AM »
Never say never.  Anybody can be beat on any given day.  Remember, Ronnie didn't win the 1st round at last year's Olympia.
Wrong! Check the score sheets! Jay was closer than in other rounds but Ronnie won. He lost only against Gustavo in that joke called challenge round.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2006, 09:53:49 AM »
Wrong! Check the score sheets! Jay was closer than in other rounds but Ronnie won. He lost only against Gustavo in that joke called challenge round.

Are they getting rid of the challenge round this year? i hope so!

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2006, 10:10:04 AM »
Are they getting rid of the challenge round this year? i hope so!
Yes! No more challenge round.