Author Topic: What's up with all of the bumping of old threads?  (Read 19567 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
What's up with all of the bumping of old threads?
« on: December 25, 2014, 05:14:25 AM »
???

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: What's up with all of the bumping of old threads?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 05:58:19 AM »
Thank you for bringing up this important topic. I had planned to open my own investigation. The momentary giddy-schoolgirl excitement at seeing Galeniko's name cries for justice.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 06:00:33 AM »
Tell me the name of the member pulling that shit and he/she is gone...

"1"

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 06:04:55 AM »

"1"

I don't think that it is malicious, truthfully. Looks like people using the search function, which is hard to fault.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 06:05:49 AM »

"1"

Relax....we're just praying for time
$

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 06:07:29 AM »
And why can't they be bumped? They are on the board for a reason still. Is someone upset they are faced w/ the reality that we've not talked about anything new in over 10 fucking years?!?!?!
$

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 06:10:57 AM »
One guy (Rhino) was pulling that shit and it isn't cool.

One thing is to pull a thread or two that was started in 2011. Another thing is to pull up 10 threads.

That's an old forum troll trick. Many years ago, circa 2003, Jimmy (VikingPower) staged an attack on muscle mayhem under the gimmick known as "Excite_Bike". He and a group of mercenaries from GetBig went to Muscle Mayhem, clicked on the last page of the Gossip board and started to bump all of the old threads. Why isn't it cool? It detracts from the new material that is posted. It hides the quality threads created by members. In other words, their hard work is put to waste. The person is essentially shitting on the hard work of other members.

It was a decent campaign, but that crap won't work here.

"1"

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 06:13:25 AM »

One thing is to pull a thread or two that was started in 2011. Another thing is to pull up 10 threads.

That's an old forum troll trick. Many years ago, circa 2003, Jimmy (VikingPower) staged an attack on muscle mayhem under the gimmick known as "Excite_Bike". He and a group of mercenaries from GetBig went to Muscle Mayhem, clicked on the last page of the Gossip board and started to bump all of the old threads. Why isn't it cool? It detracts from the new material that is posted. It hides the quality threads created by members. In other words, their hard work is put to waste. The person is essentially shitting on the hard work of other members.

"1"

But 20 pages of spamming an upcoming book about a murderer is A-O-K right?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 06:15:50 AM »
But 20 pages of spamming an upcoming book about a murderer is A-O-K right?

If the owner wants to put up 20 threads with pictures of his cock, it would also be ok. He is the owner of this site and can do as he pleases.

Ron owns the forum, we don't. If he makes one thread every once in a while that involves a former, controversial IFBB pro, what's your problem with that?

"1"

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 06:20:40 AM »

"1"

Princess L.

Get her out of here

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 06:22:33 AM »
If the owner wants to put up 20 threads with pictures of his cock, it would also be ok. He is the owner of this site and can do as he pleases.

Ron owns the forum, we don't. If he makes one thread every once in a while that involves a former, controversial IFBB pro, what's your problem with that?

"1"

I'm confused.

Are you saying Ron is posting as Ruidosored and Craigstwerp and bumping that thread every time it gets ready to fall off the first page?

Or, that Ron knows those two posters (one poster, one gimmick) and is fine with the spam?

Doesn't really matter either way, one more shit thread on the G&O is like throwing deck chairs off the Titanic.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 06:25:17 AM »
I'm confused.

Are you saying Ron is posting as Ruidosored and Craigstwerp and bumping that thread every time it gets ready to fall off the first page?

Or, that Ron knows those two posters (one poster, one gimmick) and is fine with the spam?

Doesn't really matter either way, one more shit thread on the G&O is like throwing deck chairs off the Titanic.

None of the above. Ron created that Titus thread 2 months ago. If people still read it and find it interesting, that's fine.

If two guys are Titus fans and keep one thread going, that's also ok, because it's only one thread. When you decide to bump 10 threads from over 4-5 years ago, on the same day, yes that's a problem.

"1"

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 06:35:16 AM »

"1"

I think it's bullshit the main page of the bodybuilding gossip & opinions is just racist bullshit and political posts. Maybe bumping old threads isn't a bad idea.
$

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 06:35:29 AM »
I'm confused.

yeah isnt it a pity there isnt a ground breaking alternative

that doesnt mimick this place 100 percent but with just one poster with 50 accounts  ::)
T

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 06:36:46 AM »

that doesnt mimick this place 100 percent but with just one poster with 50 accounts  ::)

Exactly..

"1"

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 06:39:39 AM »
I think it's bullshit the main page of the bodybuilding gossip & opinions is just racist bullshit and political posts. Maybe bumping old threads isn't a bad idea.

Ron and the mods like racist and political topics. You never see those threads get deleted .

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2014, 07:07:49 AM »

I was thinking more about having a little bit of common decency and showing some respect for the young lady that was murdered, in case her family ever came across those posts, but hey, it's Ron Avidan's board, so it should reflect him and his views.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »
I am happy with the current state of Getbig

Folks are welcome to fuck off of it if they are unhappy.

Merry christmas

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2014, 09:49:54 AM »
I was thinking more about having a little bit of common decency and showing some respect for the young lady that was murdered, in case her family ever came across those posts, but hey, it's Ron Avidan's board, so it should reflect him and his views.

Exactly. Acting like Craig is innocent is a slap in the face to the family of the victim.

It's a slap in the face to REALITY & TRUTH

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »
Avesher bumped a lot of old threads.. I think I saw 5 or 6 of them on the front page

Guess he is outta here then?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »
Thank you for bringing up this important topic. I had planned to open my own investigation. The momentary giddy-schoolgirl excitement at seeing Galeniko's name cries for justice.

I thought the same thing, lol. Figured old posters were coming out for Christmas, then quickly realized the fix was in.  >:(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »
Princess L.

Get her out of here

You still butt hurt over getting called out over a year ago? ::)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=502866.75

...and you're STILL whining  ::)
:

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »

"1"
always amazes me when people tvink a forum is ruled by democrati and they think they have as much to say as the owner and starts to debate "for their rigths".

nighttrain

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2014, 12:38:16 PM »
You still butt hurt over getting called out over a year ago? ::)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=502866.75

...and you're STILL whining  ::)

lol littlej got owned