Author Topic: went to a small wrestling show at a vfw hall  (Read 1789 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
went to a small wrestling show at a vfw hall
« on: December 27, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »
i have been watching wrestling for years on TV. and i always watched the old matches on TV years ago. the matches that looked like they were in a high school gym. the von Erich's, jimmy gar vin, the early road warriors, the four house men.
and i always thought it would be fun to see a small show in a small venue. to sit in the front row, and to interact with the wrestlers. well, i finally found my place. the wrestling is E.F.W,, and they are based in azusa, ca.so my friend told
me about them, and i found a Friday night where they would be wrestling. so i got a couple of guys and my kids and we went to the matches. the matches were at a v.f.w. hall, and it was 11 bucks to get in. we were a little early, so we
went right to the bar. my son was our driver for the night, so he was drinking coke. i ordered two draft beers and a coke for the dd, and the bartender said that will be 4.50!!!!!!!!!!! i said are you sure, and she said that the price.  :) :) :) :) :)

so needless to say, it was a outstanding night, the wrestling was great. a lot of little guys, fat guys,but they all put on a hell of a show. we were screaming, booing, cheering, shouting U.S.A when ever a Russian would wrestle.
we were right in the front row, so wrestlers would fall out of the ring, and we would help throw them back into the right. the crowd was great, lots of kids and families. no douchbags, no tuff guys.

and they do all of the same moves as the wwf boys do. if you ever get a chance, i can highly recommended going to a small venue like this. plus you are helping out the V.F.W hall also. 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: went to a small wrestling show at a vfw hall
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 02:03:39 PM »
I used to go to E.C.W. shows in Philly back in the 90's. That shit was crazy.

$

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
I'd like to go see some Indy shows, but I live in NYC. So, it's either the WWE at Madison Square Garden or nothing.

Maybe I can get my boy, Vlad, to hook me up:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »
I'd like to go see some Indy shows, but I live in NYC. So, it's either the WWE at Madison Square Garden or nothing.

Maybe I can get my boy, Vlad, to hook me up:

I know that's not a recent picture, but I swear that dude looks the same now as he did 30 years ago.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 06:16:52 PM »
I went to an ROH show that came here not to long ago with a buddy of mine and it was one of the best damn shows I have ever see in terms of quality wrestling.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 05:56:06 AM »
Indy shows are always the best. ECW used to come around here all the time (New England) and we went to tons of those shows.
Then the local ones where legends like Backlund, Snuka, Albano, etc used to come around (early 90's) those were also fun.
Dr. Isaak Yankem did a local one here I went to before he was Kane...