Author Topic: New York Mayor Bill de Blasio Booed, Heckled at NYPD Graduation Ceremony  (Read 7327 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Gotham Mayor Bill de Blasio spoke Monday Morning at the NYPD graduation ceremony at Madison Square Garden, an oration rife with tension, as it follows protests over the Eric Garner grand jury decision and the ambush-style murder of two NYPD officers.

To make matters even more uncomfortable, among the graduating class was the son of Pat Lynch, the head of the Policemen’s Benevolent Association, who howled that de Blasio had “blood on his hands” after the deaths of the two officers.

Upon being announced De Blasio was booed by some in attendance, though it is not clear by whom specifically. According to DNAinfo reporters Danielle Tcholakian and Aidan Gardiner, the cadets themselves did not appear to heckle the mayor.

At one point during his speech de Blasio warned the cadets that they would face “problems you didn’t create,” at which point one member of the audience shouted “You created them!”

De Blasio went on to tout the investments his administration had made in the department, and the city’s historically low crime rate. “Whatever is known by this department will be in your hands instantaneously to ensure you can do your job and be protected,” he said. “We’ll be investing in you.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: New York Mayor Bill de Blasio Booed, Heckled at NYPD Graduation Ceremony
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:07:21 PM »
Now THAT is the place to boo and heckle his ass.   Not a funeral.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
Now THAT is the place to boo and heckle his ass.   Not a funeral.

All this discussion of "etiquete", "social decorum" or whatever else aside, the man is clearly losing control of his police force.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »
All this discussion of "etiquete", "social decorum" or whatever else aside, the man is clearly losing control of his police force.

agreed.   Is it only because he told his son to be careful with police?  Cause all parents say this.

I heard him being a bag of shit on a lot of actual mgmt issues, long before this shooting.  Schools, etc?  He has lost control of them, but there must be way more than just "be careful around cops" - that's solid advice for everyone.  They can't be that butthurt over that. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 04:29:28 PM »
agreed.   Is it only because he told his son to be careful with police?  Cause all parents say this.

I heard him being a bag of shit on a lot of actual mgmt issues, long before this shooting.  Schools, etc?  He has lost control of them, but there must be way more than just "be careful around cops" - that's solid advice for everyone.  They can't be that butthurt over that. 

This is the first time I've ever seen law enforcement react that way in my entire life.

Their reaction speaks volumes of the situation regardless of how you or I feel about how they went about expressing it.

This guy is TERRIBLE for police morale and his extremely poor leadership could turn into very dangerous waters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 07:39:26 PM »

Remember when you ribbed me about supporting Bloomberg?   This is why DiFaggio is a disaster and a communist

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
Remember when you ribbed me about supporting Bloomberg?   This is why DiFaggio is a disaster and a communist

it's possible they're both lib pieces of shit.   Rudy was half a lib too.   But when 51% of the city is liberal (and I"m guessing much higher, diblasio got 72% of vote?), all of them will be libs. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 08:11:57 PM »
it's possible they're both lib pieces of shit.   Rudy was half a lib too.   But when 51% of the city is liberal (and I"m guessing much higher, diblasio got 72% of vote?), all of them will be libs. 

As much as I disagreed with Bloomberg on some of his policies, at the very least he had control and maintained good relations with his police force.

This is just absolutely disgraceful what is transpiring right now.

You cannot see that?

How can you even begin to compare Bloomberg/Rudy against de Blasio?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 09:09:05 PM »
As much as I disagreed with Bloomberg on some of his policies, at the very least he had control and maintained good relations with his police force.

This is just absolutely disgraceful what is transpiring right now.

You cannot see that?

they were all liberals.  We're just arguing about who was the bigger liberal.  I wouldn't vote for any of them.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 09:27:08 PM »
they were all liberals.  We're just arguing about who was the bigger liberal.  I wouldn't vote for any of them.

What's your thoughts on police relations with Rudy and Bloomberg compared to de Blasio?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »
Those 2were wayyyy better at it. 

But they should be coming down on dirty cop just as hard.  An those cops that fudge police reports.   I'm not defending deblasio. Im saying while the cops hate him, I think most peopl hate crooked cops more.   Only a very small number of cops are shady, bu they're no ostracized as they should be, imo

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
Those 2were wayyyy better at it. 

But they should be coming down on dirty cop just as hard.  An those cops that fudge police reports.   I'm not defending deblasio. Im saying while the cops hate him, I think most peopl hate crooked cops more.   Only a very small number of cops are shady, bu they're no ostracized as they should be, imo

It's a balancing act. Alot of it is political skill...the ability to play both sides of the fence.

de Blasio just looks like a deer in the headlights because he is so used to 30 years of skating by with his ideology with no resistance and suddenly the "real world" is hitting him right in the face.

de Blasio is about as bad as it gets when it comes to law enforcement relations(a huge part of being a big city mayor) and it's clear as day.

He will never recover from this when it comes to the NYPD.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 09:55:57 PM »
All the hippie metrosexual libtards that voted in de blasio probably dont have a clue how nyc was just a few decades ago. The crime rates and the muggings have dropped dramatically for a reason. Now these idealist-fantasy minded libtards want to change everything for the sake of political correctness....let them have it their way, turn the city over to the animals again. Let these dipshits see how well their utopian ideologies work in the real world.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 10:01:38 PM »
All the hippie metrosexual libtards that voted in de blasio probably dont have a clue how nyc was just a few decades ago. The crime rates and the muggings have dropped dramatically for a reason. Now these idealist-fantasy minded libtards want to change everything for the sake of political correctness....let them have it their way, turn the city over to the animals again. Let these dipshits see how well their utopian ideologies work in the real world.

Let 'em have it.

I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 05:33:17 AM »
time to do a Ronnie Reagan number like he did with the Air Traffic Controllers.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 05:46:03 AM »
time to do a Ronnie Reagan number like he did with the Air Traffic Controllers.

No - how about we just impeach William Wilhem Jr aka Bill DeBlasio.   I warned everyone from day one of this fake pos. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 07:32:17 AM »

Probably because both Rudy AND Bloomburg were booed at the same event in the past.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 07:56:44 AM »
Probably because both Rudy AND Bloomburg were booed at the same event in the past.

WOW you are correct.   Very interesting.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/30/boos-mayor-nypd-graduation/21036089/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 08:21:56 AM »
This is the first time I've ever seen law enforcement react that way in my entire life.

Their reaction speaks volumes of the situation regardless of how you or I feel about how they went about expressing it.

This guy is TERRIBLE for police morale and his extremely poor leadership could turn into very dangerous waters.

In 2003, Bloomberg was met with a "Chorus of Boos"
https://www.nycpba.org/archive/ch/03/ch-030131-boos.html

Rudy Guiliani was booed three times at these graduations -
http://jpupdates.com/2014/12/29/mayor-de-blasio-booed-nypd-2014-graduation-says-officers-didnt-create-problems/

I had no idea... cops regularly boo the mayor here.  I kinda over-reacted on this one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 05:55:04 AM »
In 2003, Bloomberg was met with a "Chorus of Boos"
https://www.nycpba.org/archive/ch/03/ch-030131-boos.html

Rudy Guiliani was booed three times at these graduations -
http://jpupdates.com/2014/12/29/mayor-de-blasio-booed-nypd-2014-graduation-says-officers-didnt-create-problems/

I had no idea... cops regularly boo the mayor here.  I kinda over-reacted on this one.

That's because you fall all overyouerself trying to defend leftists and thugs like failbama -diblasio etc wo reservation

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 06:28:00 AM »
That's because you fall all overyouerself trying to defend leftists and thugs like failbama -diblasio etc wo reservation

Again, all these lib idiots can fck off, I have no love for them.

BUT I have to say, anyone that disagrees with the westboro idiots protesting at funerals, but is okay when the NYPD does it at funerals - anyone who does this is being a huge hypocrite.  "I believe in it, because I believe in that cause" = completely anti-constitutional.   Sorry, but just not american.  You either support right to protest at funeral, or you don't.   

I think NOBODY should ruin a funeral with political stunts like this - graduation was days later and got just as much media coverage.  No need to put the family thru that crap.   I was happy to see diblasio booed at the graduation, as rudy and bloomy were before.   But a funeral?   Only a punk would protest at a funeral, no matter the cause.  period.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 06:48:19 AM »
Again, all these lib idiots can fck off, I have no love for them.

BUT I have to say, anyone that disagrees with the westboro idiots protesting at funerals, but is okay when the NYPD does it at funerals - anyone who does this is being a huge hypocrite.  "I believe in it, because I believe in that cause" = completely anti-constitutional.   Sorry, but just not american.  You either support right to protest at funeral, or you don't.   

I think NOBODY should ruin a funeral with political stunts like this - graduation was days later and got just as much media coverage.  No need to put the family thru that crap.   I was happy to see diblasio booed at the graduation, as rudy and bloomy were before.   But a funeral?   Only a punk would protest at a funeral, no matter the cause.  period.

You are trying to make connections between de Blasio and Rudy/Bloomberg and then follow it up with a Westboro baptist church analogy.

There is no connection. It's not even close.

This mayor is losing control of a city in a way that I can't remember seeing many times in my life.

"In fact, “summonses for low-level offenses like public drinking and urination … dropped from 4,831 to 300″ from this time period in 2013 to 2014."

From 4,831 to 300. Just think about that. That is a pretty telling stat.

The mayor has lost control. Clear as day. That was never even close to happening with Rudy or Bloomberg.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »
You are trying to make connections between de Blasio and Rudy/Bloomberg and then follow it up with a Westboro baptist church analogy.

There is no connection. It's not even close.

This mayor is losing control of a city in a way that I can't remember seeing many times in my life.

"In fact, “summonses for low-level offenses like public drinking and urination … dropped from 4,831 to 300″ from this time period in 2013 to 2014."

From 4,831 to 300. Just think about that. That is a pretty telling stat.

The mayor has lost control. Clear as day. That was never even close to happening with Rudy or Bloomberg.

Telling how? 

Seems like it's just a we-aren't-quite-brave-enough-to-actually-strike move by their union. 

Basically, it's a work slow-down, not a coup d'etat, lol. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 07:49:09 AM »
Telling how? 

Seems like it's just a we-aren't-quite-brave-enough-to-actually-strike move by their union. 

Basically, it's a work slow-down, not a coup d'etat, lol. 

We have us a real genius here.

Mind blowing revelation.