Author Topic: Question about USpolice juristiction  (Read 819 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Question about USpolice juristiction
« on: December 30, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »
Say I murdered someone on the California Nevada border and literally chopped up the body and spread it around the state line. How would it be decided who investigates the murder? Which police force?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Question about USpolice juristiction
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »
I have extensive experience in this matter. Whichever state had a GNC located closest to the crime scene would take jurisdiction. Those fat bloated piggies need good nutrition in order to solve the crime.

Case dismissed.
a

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 09:36:40 AM »
If it's a crime that crosses state lines, then it is in federal jurisdiction, FBI.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »
I have extensive experience in this matter. Whichever state had a GNC located closest to the crime scene would take jurisdiction. Those fat bloated piggies need good nutrition in order to solve the crime.

Case dismissed.

Nice people those Americans  ;)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
Believe it or not if you were at the border and in one state and were sucking off a guy who was standing in the other state, it wouldn't be gay since you technically weren't even in the same state so therefore no gay sexual act occurred.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 01:21:46 PM »
Say I murdered someone on the California Nevada border and literally chopped up the body and spread it around the state line. How would it be decided who investigates the murder? Which police force?

If the actual murder takes place in Nevada, but the body is disposed of in California, Nevada will investigate with help from California. Nevada will prosecute for the more serious charge, California can then decide if they want to prosecute for the lighter. Federal agencies can be utilized for joint investigations, the degree of involvement is mostly dictated by the type of crime.

Now if the body was right along the line, the Feds would probably take lead, and then as information is developed, they'll pick which state it needs to be prosecuted in. Usually if they can't figure it by normal means, they'll choose the state where the major elements occurred.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »
Is it true that if I commit a crime and am being chased by cops if I cross the state line they cant follow for some reason?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »
Is it true that if I commit a crime and am being chased by cops if I cross the state line they cant follow for some reason?

No, not true.

Cannot enter an Indian Reservation under some circumstances.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 02:01:49 PM »
What are you planning darren, to dig a tunnel under state lines to rob a bank and escape through it?

;D

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 02:03:09 PM »

No. That use to be the case long, long ago. But now, if they are in hot pursuit, they can and will cross over a state line with no worry other than perhaps radioing ahead to alert the other state. They may by matter of practice, only do this for major crimes, but they can legally do it.

If they find out that a suspect is hiding out of state, but aren't in hot pursuit, they'll just get a warrant issued, and have them picked up.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 02:08:14 PM »
What if the Olympia judging takes place on the state line then Phil Heath steps 3 feet over it, does that mean the judges from that state can give him double points?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 02:12:40 PM »
How and why you're curious about this, uh uh. But in that hypothetical you would likely be tried in Federal court because you're crossing state lines (parts and likely your own body). Also it's more than likely that the federal court may not have exclusive jurisdiction and the state may charge you with a separate charge for the crime committed and it won't infringe on the whole double jeopardy issue.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »
What if the Olympia judging takes place on the state line then Phil Heath steps 3 feet over it, does that mean the judges from that state can give him double points?

Don't believe he is wide enough to spread into two jurisdictions. In this case, I believe judgement reverts back to the state initially holding the contest.

B R

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »
Believe it or not if you were at the border and in one state and were sucking off a guy who was standing in the other state, it wouldn't be gay since you technically weren't even in the same state so therefore no gay sexual act occurred.

You're clearly speaking from personal experience.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
No, not true.

Cannot enter an Indian Reservation under some circumstances.

Yeah, but if he's Native American, part of the reservation, and commits a crime on the reservation then the tribal council decides punishment, it's taken out of the hands of the US government.