Author Topic: Guns are Awesome!  (Read 849 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Guns are Awesome!
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/woman-shot-killed-walmart-idaho-her-toddler-reports-204113892.html

Woman shot, killed at Walmart in Idaho by two-year-old son

(Reuters) - A woman was accidentally shot and killed at a Walmart store in northern Idaho on Tuesday when her 2-year-old son pulled a loaded handgun from her purse that then went off, a county sheriff said.

The 29-year-old woman was shopping at a Walmart in Hayden, Idaho, with the toddler seated in her shopping cart when the incident occurred, Kootenai County Sheriff Ben Wolfinger said in a written statement.

Sheriff's officials said investigators were still processing the scene of the shooting, which took place shortly after 10 a.m. in the store's electronics department.

The woman's identity was withheld by authorities pending notification of next of kin.

"A very sad incident occurred at our store today in Hayden involving the death of a female customer. We are working with the Kootenai Sheriff's department as they investigate what happened," Walmart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan said.

Buchanan said the store had been closed and would remain so until further notice.

Hayden is a community of about 10,000 people located in Kootenai County, north of Coeur d'Alene.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Guns are Awesome!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:14:11 PM »
sad story and yea they are awesome, funny you didnt post the story about the family that shot the two intruders in cali just before christmas.

Chances are you didnt even hear about it...wonder why...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
RIP, but she shuold have had that thing in a holster. 

every gun owner has moments of "shit, I just grazed my weapon" - but we keep it in a holster and all is well. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 04:39:01 PM »
sad story and yea they are awesome, funny you didnt post the story about the family that shot the two intruders in cali just before christmas.

Chances are you didnt even hear about it...wonder why...

Hey Tony, not sure if you're an NRA guy (as in familiar with their arguments & stats) or just pro-gun ownership "on your own" but any idea how the numbers of criminals stopped and/or apprehended by private gun owners compare to the number of folks accidentally killed by guns every year?  

Not sure how meaningful this simple comparison is, but it'd be interesting to know.  (Just not so interesting to me for me to actually try to look up on my own, lol  

BTW, I'm really neither for or against the gun folks.  Personally, though, I'm not a gun owner for the simple fact that I know that I'm too hotheaded to own a gun --- Shee-it, I cussed out some old guy at Costco (he was about my age, lol) and offered to take it outside with him after he bumped into my wife with his cart and didn't say sorry sincerely enough for me.  True story.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 04:51:35 PM »
Im in favor of guns in the hands of citizens..

I am however afraid that they need to start implementing some sort of IQ test for gun owners as what happened is borderline retarded.

WELCOME to Idaho.... 29 and 4 kids already

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
Hey Tony, not sure if you're an NRA guy (as in familiar with their arguments & stats) or just pro-gun ownership "on your own" but any idea how the numbers of criminals stopped and/or apprehended by private gun owners compare to the number of folks accidentally killed by guns every year?  

Not sure how meaningful this simple comparison is, but it'd be interesting to know.  (Just not so interesting to me for me to actually try to look up on my own, lol  

BTW, I'm really neither for or against the gun folks.  Personally, though, I'm not a gun owner for the simple fact that I know that I'm too hotheaded to own a gun --- Shee-it, I cussed out some old guy at Costco (he was about my age, lol) and offered to take it outside with him after he bumped into my wife with his cart and didn't say sorry sincerely enough for me.  True story.
I dont believe I am a member of the NRA but I have been before. I am pro choice in terms of guns, I dont mind other people not liking guns but when you start trying to push your opinions on me then you can go fuck yourself directly. I grew up around guns, have more than a few, hunt, skeet shoot and generally shoot them for shits and giggles.

Dont know about the study, i think most people that I described above would point you to some biased study. I am assuming you arent including cops in your numbers though?

LOL yea you dont need to own a gun or even a sharp stick for that matter.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 07:05:47 AM »
I dont believe I am a member of the NRA but I have been before. I am pro choice in terms of guns, I dont mind other people not liking guns but when you start trying to push your opinions on me then you can go fuck yourself directly. I grew up around guns, have more than a few, hunt, skeet shoot and generally shoot them for shits and giggles.

Dont know about the study, i think most people that I described above would point you to some biased study. I am assuming you arent including cops in your numbers though?

LOL yea you dont need to own a gun or even a sharp stick for that matter.

No, not cops.  Ya have to have a funny accent to think that even cops shouldn't have guns, lol.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 07:50:10 AM »

The number of crimes that are stopped or deterred by private gun owners vastly, vastly outnumber these 'freak accident' cases; the reason it might seem otherwise is that the media generally ignores any positive cases involving private gun ownership and jumps all over any and all negative stuff like this they can find.

To the media, only a negative gun story is a gun story.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »
The little shitstain 240 thinks so. Unfortunately his period would come early if he had to use it.
A