Author Topic: Do you believe in Karma?  (Read 2114 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Do you believe in Karma?
« on: January 03, 2015, 06:45:12 AM »
kar·ma

/ˈkärmə/

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

•informal
destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

I used to.

Now, I see life for what it is. A huge crapshoot.

You have terrible, inhumane people who constantly trample over the backs of the good. Many of them end up living lavishly.

Then you have the people who try to live a good life, by being positive and helping others, who get killed simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

There is no karma, There is no reward for contributing to society, for giving back.

Tell that to a 6 year old dying of cancer.

I knew karma didn't exist when I realized that innocence does not guarantee anything in this life.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Do you believe in Karma?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 06:50:20 AM »
life is a serious of random events

bad selfish people do better as a rule

than kind generous people

life isnt fair

satanism is the way forward

basically it promotes making yourself the centre of the universe and only ever doing whats right for you

even at the expense of others
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 06:53:34 AM »

life isnt fair

basically it promotes making yourself the centre of the universe and only ever doing whats right for you

Are you speaking in general, or is this something that you are personally looking into/advocating?

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 06:54:43 AM »
damnation for eternity.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 06:56:24 AM »
I also meant Karma (in this existence), not in previous existences as it also suggests.

Belieber

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 06:58:58 AM »
Fantastic thread. 10 pages easy.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 07:00:19 AM »
Are you speaking in general, or is this something that you are personally looking into/advocating?

no i have children so they are always first meaning i fall at the first hurdle

but if you read up on it

most people behave much more in line with their bible

than the christian way of life

human being as a rule suck

we are a virus on this planet destroying everything

killing the earth itself with out concrete jungles
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 07:06:03 AM »
Fantastic thread. 10 pages easy.
I'll make this bodybuilding related.....

What about karma as it pertains to bodybuilding? Shouldn't a person who diets and trains with vigor, expect to see the appropriate results in muscle gain? It does not work that way.

One person may barely train, take many shortcuts, and still look good.

The other person may do everything possible, yet look like a tiny tit.

A small, yet good example of karma not existing.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 07:06:58 AM »
Sort of in a way.
Mainly because a lot of bad shit I did/said/wished upon others came back and bit me quite uncannily.
Yet I see complete and utter cu nts never get their commupance. You see good people try and make the best of things and everything always fails and falls apart for them over and over and have never once had anything go their way and yet undeserving pieces of shit succeed without trying or giving any effort and have never once not gotten their own way.
Makes you think

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 07:24:31 AM »

What about karma as it pertains to bodybuilding? Shouldn't a person who diets and trains with vigor, expect to see the appropriate results in muscle gain? It does not work that way.

That's more a function of some people knowing the deal and others being delusional saps running around with their  "training log"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 07:32:08 AM »
That's more a function of some people knowing the deal and others being delusional saps running around with their  "training log"
True, but karma suggests that all of the hard training and diet should eventually pay off for everyone.

I guess delusional does come into play from the bodybuilding aspect.

Spot on training and diet would surely benefit 100% of the people that would commit to it. Many people are more into it for the vanity aspect and not the overwhelming health benefits involved.

Belieber

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 07:36:32 AM »
True, but karma suggests that all of the hard training and diet should eventually pay off for everyone.

I guess delusional does come into play from the bodybuilding aspect.

Spot on training and diet would surely benefit 100% of the people that would commit to it. Many people are more into it for the vanity aspect and not the overwhelming health benefits involved.

A lot of girls think dieting for a few weeks at a time and doing 30mins of cardio every now and then is "hard work"

How would karma judge if the work is hard enough?

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »
I believe every action has a reaction, and that there is a moral meaning to things.  I think Karma as understood by most in the west is a very superficial and intellectually daft understanding of these concepts. 
Ψ

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 07:41:19 AM »
A lot of girls think dieting for a few weeks at a time and doing 30mins of cardio every now and then is "hard work"

How would karma judge if the work is hard enough?
People expect to get the same as they give. The world does not work like that.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 07:45:14 AM »
I believe every action has a reaction, and that there is a moral meaning to things.  I think Karma as understood by most in the west is a very superficial and intellectually daft understanding of these concepts. 
Can one believe in both karma and religion? Would these two concepts contradict one another?

Or should we be able to believe (or not) in any combination of things, without fear of damnation?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 07:50:50 AM »
We all have a religious, spiritual part in ourselves, that is both genetical -already embeded in brai at birth- and acquired ; what your caregivers told you was good or bad while you grew up. Most occidental have judeo christian values deeply embeded in their brains because their ancestors followed them for centuries and at some point it impregnated itself genetically. We all believe "god" is punishing us for something we did, just like asians who were raised in buddhism believe in the laws of karma.

And there are people who believe in nothing and doubt all morals, hardcore atheists. You also have muslims, chinese who believe in confucius teachings... We all have base software, program that s inherited and that is reinforced by our environment and education. It forces us to cooperate, produce, be part of the system. If you re not part of the system you re useless and endanger it and will be recycled or destroyed, wether you re weak or old.

In all societies and animal or vegetal species tho it's the one who/ which adapts when the others cant that survive, and it pretty much has nothing to do with moral but simply with being adapted or not. Karma or god's will are i'm affraid only a reassuring artificial illusion and when you realize it you get pretty much depressed. People and animals just do what they have to do to survive and it 's often done at the expense of something or someone else. There is no longterm view in adaptation, most of the time it's here and now, and who cares about the future. Thinking too far , too deep about the future is often depressing as most intelligent people realize we re doomed to extinction as an animal specie. People who have been conditionned to kill instead of being killed here and now, dont think about others -only their family- have a lot more fun at life than people who care about doing it right for everyone.

This is why one never change the world, but adapts to it to survive in it. It helps a lot when caring parents or mentors did their best to adapt you to said environment from the getgo.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 07:57:39 AM »
We all have a religious, spiritual part in ourselves, that is both genetical -already embeded in brai at birth- and acquired ; what your caregivers told you was good or bad while you grew up. Most occidental have judeo christian values deeply embeded in their brains because their ancestors followed them for centuries and at some point it impregnated itself genetically. We all believe "god" is punishing us for something we did, just like asians who were raised in buddhism believe in the laws of karma.

And there are people who believe in nothing and doubt all morals, hardcore atheists. You also have muslims, chinese who believe in confucius teachings... We all have base software, program that s inherited and that is reinforced by our environment and education. It forces us to cooperate, produce, be part of the system. If you re not part of the system you re useless and endanger it and will be recycled or destroyed, wether you re weak or old.

In all societies and animal or vegetal species tho it's the one who/ which adapts when the others cant that survive, and it pretty much has nothing to do with moral but simply with being adapted or not. Karma or god's will are i'm affraid only a reassuring artificial illusion and when you realize it you get pretty much depressed.
This is why one never change the world, but adapts to it to survive in it. It helps a lot when caring parents or mentors did their best to adapt you to said environment from the getgo.
I think it's the opposite. I believe you are born with a clean slate in that regard.

Although I have always wondered how kittens (by magic) automatically know how to use a litter box. Answer that, and we may unlock the key to life.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »
Look at how animals work, in nature documentaries; the weak and old is killed by predators, and everything is happening randomly. The strong calculate who is weak and easy to kill to feed themselves then attack. Needless to say, it's the same in the human specie. The strong prey on the weak and feed thesmelves with them. Randomly, the strong become weak and the weak become stronger once in a while. A constant random alternance of domination and submission , of victories, joy, and failures and pain.
We all exploit each others weaknesses to make a living for example. Everyjob , occupation, service exists to answer the need of someone else.
Everything is a business.

It is what it is.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 08:16:58 AM »
This is kind of along the same topic:  Anyone's life can turn to shit or otherwise take a turn for the worse in a flash, at any given time.  There are a million ways.

Yet the opposite is not really true.  There is nothing random that can happen to you that will make you healthier, or richer.  Wiser maybe.

That's why playing the lottery makes sense to me (although I don't do it).

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 08:18:10 AM »

That's a whole other issue. Then you are throwing genetics into the mix. Generally the harder you train and watch your diet the better you will look. Doesn't mean you will look better than the guy that has the genetic predisposition to basically look at a weight eat junk food and grow.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 08:22:47 AM »

life isnt fair

This really isn't true. What you have in life is a very, very long movie. You only see snippets of scenes. Everyone gets their just desserts in life, you may not see it because its just when and where it occurs during their long movie.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 08:24:12 AM »
Can one believe in both karma and religion? Would these two concepts contradict one another?

Or should we be able to believe (or not) in any combination of things, without fear of damnation?

Uh, Karma IS a religious concept...
Ψ

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 08:27:04 AM »
Uh, Karma IS a religious concept...
A concept within a religion.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 08:28:32 AM »
I believe all we re left with is to learn from our mistakes, failures, but sometimes some mistakes cant be changed.... and can dramatically decrease your quality of life. Sometimes you re just hurt, traumatized and cant heal and you re forced to live with it, knowing it's killing you. What to say about people who are born handicapped for example, or who contract bad illnesses? It's painful, it's unfair, it's random.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 12:29:12 PM »
Fuck Pakis, ugly race  >:(