Author Topic: The Senate's 46 Democrats got 20 million more votes than its 54 Republicans  (Read 1373 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Small population states certainly get their voice heard!

On Tuesday, 33 US senators elected in November will be sworn in by Vice President Joe Biden — including 12 who are new to the chamber. The class includes 22 Republicans and 11 Democrats, a big reason why the GOP has a 54-46 majority in the Senate overall.

But here's a crazy fact: those 46 Democrats got more votes than the 54 Republicans across the 2010, 2012, and 2014 elections. According to Nathan Nicholson, a researcher at the voting reform advocacy group FairVote, "the 46 Democratic caucus members in the 114th Congress received a total of 67.8 million votes in winning their seats, while the 54 Republican caucus members received 47.1 million votes."

Data: http://www.vox.com/2015/1/3/7482635/senate-small-states/in/5654656

tonymctones

• Getbig V
HAHAHHA

The only other text in the article and you leave it out...

"This doesn't mean that the Republican majority is illegitimate or anything like that. Indeed, after 2008 and 2012, the tables were turned: Democrats had more Senate seats than their vote share suggested they should. The problem isn't that the deck is stacked in favor of Republicans. The problem is that the deck is stacked in favor of small states, which receive equal representation in the Senate despite dramatic variance in population. The Senate is a profoundly anti-democratic body and should be abolished."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
dems can suggest anything they want.

I think it's a very good thing that small population states aren't dominated by large population liberal states. 

Would be awful to see Cali cancel out repub 20 states because their population is so massive. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
HAHAHHA

The only other text in the article and you leave it out...

"This doesn't mean that the Republican majority is illegitimate or anything like that. Indeed, after 2008 and 2012, the tables were turned: Democrats had more Senate seats than their vote share suggested they should. The problem isn't that the deck is stacked in favor of Republicans. The problem is that the deck is stacked in favor of small states, which receive equal representation in the Senate despite dramatic variance in population. The Senate is a profoundly anti-democratic body and should be abolished."

You realize shit like this keeps him awake at night don't you? Lol

tonymctones

• Getbig V
You realize shit like this keeps him awake at night don't you? Lol
well to his credit I sincerely believe that the trailer park ranger is stupid enough to accidentally omit something like this in a effort to keep from creaming his pants while bashing reps on getbig...

which one is it 240? was this an accidental or intentional act of stupidity?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
well to his credit I sincerely believe that the trailer park ranger is stupid enough to accidentally omit something like this in a effort to keep from creaming his pants while bashing reps on getbig...

which one is it 240? was this an accidental or intentional act of stupidity?

you're the guy who honestly believes obama was born in hawaii.

nuff said,

tonymctones

• Getbig V
you're the guy who honestly believes obama was born in hawaii.

nuff said,
so i guess you wouldnt be stupid enough to overlook the other text then

well sir that makes you a lying fucking dousche bag, congrats fucknuts!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
so i guess you wouldnt be stupid enough to overlook the other text then

well sir that makes you a lying fucking dousche bag, congrats fucknuts!!!

so just so we agree... the non-douche bag is the one that believe obama is a legal citizen, right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
so just so we agree... the non-douche bag is the one that believe obama is a legal citizen, right?
yup and the douche bag is the lying sack of trailer park shit ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V

so you still refuse to admit obama was born in kenya?   still?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
so you still refuse to admit obama was born in kenya?   still?
well I certainly am not the lying sack of trailer park shit now am I champ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
well I certainly am not the lying sack of trailer park shit now am I champ?